Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well played Daily Mail, Well played. [slow clap]

As much as I think she's publicity hungry, loving the attention and hoping it translates into $$$ for her I don't think that she's the one engineering all the coverage.

By vomiting out non stop articles about Meghan at IG, what she's wearing, where to buy it and what she ate that day or whatever, they are whipping up the readers to get outraged that the focus is on her and not the veterans. Do we think that the average Daily Mail reader actually gives much of a fcuk about veterans apart from a bit of lip service? Of course not.

It's exactly the kind of articles a paper would write about someone who sued them. They know exactly the reaction they will get. And they'll play the long game. Harry will be removed or step down as patron by the time the next Invictus rolls around.

Not defending either party in this by the way. Maybe they deserve each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Meghan's been merching, sorry, I mean marching, today. She really can't control her obsession with herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

What the heck is she doing? Why does she always need to be front and centre of everything? So cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

What on earth is she doing? She really has to be front and centre of everything. 🤦‍♀️

Another angle. Says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I don't think the injured vets would agree with you that they need to get rid of Harry (and presumably install Queen Camilla) Listen to what this UK vet from Kent has to say about Harry. And he is from the UK who are supposed to hate him for betraying his country 😀

https://x.com/kmfmnews/status/1702957476184768602?s=20

I think that might be the medal ceremony. Check out the Olympic Games and see how medals are presented.

Without Harry & Meghan, no one would know anything about the Invictus Games. They provide the glamour that attracts so many cameras (though the the British media just spend their time criticising them, the media clearly don't know that there no such thing as bad publicity. The rest of the world are looking on at how petty Charles and the Royal Family (with all their military titles) are that they couldn't even wish the veterans good luck in the games and you think that the British veterans will show reject the only Royal that has given them a platform. In fairness to Johnny Mercer, Veterans Minister, he did show up.

Yep, Meghan certainly looks glamorous as she takes pole position in the procession, which I'd wager she decided to do all by herself. Harry left in her wake, as usual, wondering WTAF happened there - I get distracted for a second and she's off! Not that he would have dared to stop her in any event.

Surely, it's time to admit that it's not the Invictus Games anymore. It's the Harry and Meghan - or maybe the Meghan and Harry - Show. Harry no doubt has tried to get round the veterans, but especially since Meghan arrived - belatedly, it seems as she had to buy milkshakes for the kids and settle them before she left - the spotlight is firmly and solely on her. She has the most incredible ability to spot a lens pointing at her from a colossal distance. If the military could work out what that talent is, they might be able to bottle it and issue a dose to combat troops as a superpower to spot snipers. For Meghan, it's now all about me, me, me.

There's going to be such a narc high collapse after the Games. They don't appear to have anything in their diaries, so we might need to hunker down and prepare for something dramatic and unexpected to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Invictus Games was set up by the Royal Foundation with the MOD and money from George Osborne via the Libor scandal. It wasn't Harry alone doing the leg work to get it set up so not "the only royal".

Why do they need the likes of Charles or Camilla et al need to say anything about it since they have the glamour of super duper stars Harry and Meghan doing the job of representing the veterans? Aren't they enough? I think if they did say anything then it would be seen as them trying to muscle in so to speak on Harrys gig and the sugar types would be shouting for them to butt out but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine if anyone in the RF did post a tribute about the Invictus Games?

The pair of grifters would be whinging about them trying to steal their thunder after they were cast adrift.

They left, they're nobodies in royal terms now, they have to stand on their own feet or fall flat on their faces.

• Advertisement

How it started versus how it's going.

''£500,000 of funding for the project came from the Endeavour Fund, an arm of the Royal Foundation the Duke of Sussex had created specifically for veteran's recovery, with an equal amount being pledged by Chancellor George Osborne from Treasury funds generated by fines imposed on banks as a result of the Libor scandal.[6][8]''

Prince Harry set up the Endeavour Fund and personally raised the money for it. William didn't approve of it so had nothing to do with it. Harry merged the Endeavour Fund with the Invictus Games. When the households split, you can see a transfer funds from the Royal Foundation called ''The Endeavour Fund'' to the The Invictus Games. This money was claimed by William's deranger followers as the payout by the British Tabloids to William - except it wasn't. William got £1m+, but Endeavour Fund transfer was about 500K. This is all documented in The Invictus Games Annual Report.

I don't think it would have been ''musseling in on Meghan & Harry'' to actually wish the British Army vets good luck. He is their Commander and Chief.

How many games has Charles, William, Camilla & family attended? Did they go to Canada or the Netherlands?

But the British vets, what about the British vets? Queen Camilla is Colonel of the Grenadier Guards and Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Lancers. 😂

I think that is how the medal procession works. Whoever is presenting the medal goes in front. There is a video of Meghan being behind Harry when he was presenting medals.

Seriously, do you really think that ex-military personnel would not have logistics and everything well sorted. After all, the UK make a speciality of military parades.

The photo lens are always searching for her. She has that charisma. I saw a video of her in a golf card thing and people were running after it to get photos of her.

Isn't Harry making a documentary in Africa? Harry has plenty in his diary over the next year or so (as do the legal teams of the British tabloids). 😂

And they also have the rights to a movie - so I'd say their diaries are very full.

Haven't a clue. It's Harrys gig. He didn't get any birthday well wishes from his family either which indicates that there is quite obviously a split between them/grey rocking happening.

With that split it suggests that his family unsurprisingly won't be involved with IG promotion. It can lead to accusations of them snubbing the games but they aren't patrons. Using it as a stick to beat them with is admitting H&M are not sufficient to promote it. At one point today 508 people were watching the livestream. Are Charles, William, Camilla et al to blame for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

She's not involved with the IG though. Think of how the security would impact the atmosphere too.

Its the veteran's gig. Its petty that the RF could not wish the Veterans well at the Invictus Games - you know, do something like William did wishing the Lionesss luck at the world cup.

She is a figurehead of some regiments of the British Army. You showed a photo of her with Charles & William at the first games. They could manage it at one stage, now they can't even manage a good luck tweet to the veterans. It makes the British Royal family look very petty.

He is President of the FA so why there was a message.

You see it as being petty. I'd see it as putting a clear divide between what they do and what H&M do. It is akin to grey rocking.

If a supportive tweet was sent then there would be questions about why they all didn't wish Harry a Happy Birthday for example. Quite clearly they've cut all ties.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Harry ever wonders, even just for a split second, how things might have turned out if he had paused, thought and not launched their precipitative Instagram post in January 2020, stepping back and becoming financially independent. Had they entered into a proper discussion with the Royal Family, rather than drop the hand grenade in the pond, it might all have been so different.

• William is President of the FA, Charles is Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces.

• Some of William's military titles:
    • Since 8 August 2006: Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Navy Submarine Service.
    • Since 8 August 2006: Commodore-in-Chief of Scotland.
    • 3 October 2008 – 11 August 2023: Honorary Air Commandant, RAF Coningsby.
    • Since 11 August 2023: Royal Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Valley.

Even Kate is Colonel of the Irish Guards (William used be).

And they all go around parading in uniform. Even Anne (with an e) wears some sort of a uniform.

They couldn't even manage a tweet to wish the people who had got injured in the service of the King!

Meghan's speech when she arrived in Dusseldorf included a couple of references to the importance of family. Thus speaks a woman who has no relationship or contact with her father - a nearly 80 year old stroke victim who raised her and funded her education during the time Doria was MIA - her Markle family, nor any relationship or contact with any of the Royal Family. Why would anybody take a blind bit of notice what she has to say about family?

I can't wait to see what she has to say at the closing event.

No meaningful relationship with her maternal family, fell out with her paternal family, divorced her husband and nothing approaching a civil relationship maintained with him or his family thereafter and then fell out with her next husbands family as well. I know she spoke of "family" in a communal sense of the word at the Invictus Games but there is a tone deafness there alright particularly in showing up after it actually started because, you know, need to get papped getting milkshakes for the kids and then subsequently putting on a dog and pony fashion show for the Invictus family which is, being cynical since her photographer friend is in tow, probably serving as a means of re-launching her social media career as a Kardashian-like influencer in the very near future.

Post edited by valoren on

This post on Insta:

After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. .......

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7EaGS_Jpb9/?hl=en

What's the problem with that statement? From what they say they were talking about it for months. What would have been different if Harry had paused further .... Were you hoping that Meghan would leave and go back to the US with her bi racial child without Harry or even better still commit suicide?

Look, some family members are toxic and you are better off staying away from them. Unfortunately, her father sold her for 30 pieces of silver and is very much under the influence of his two oldest children who are just thrash.

Meghan's father moaned about not seeing his grandchildren, yet he never met some of his other grandchildren. And as for Doria, she actually looked after Tom's mother even though she was divorced from Thomas. Its discusting that you continue to propagate that lie that Doria wasn't in Meghan's life when she was growing up.

How do you explain how Meghan is so close to her mother then? Surely Meghan would resent her for disappearing when she was growing up?

Were you hoping that Meghan would leave and go back to the US with her bi racial child without Harry or even better still commit suicide?

You continue to attempt to draw conclusions that are, frankly, disgraceful. For the avoidance of any doubt, I didn’t want Meghan to leave the RF or the country, I couldn’t give a damn about anybody’s race, creed, colour, sexual persuasion etc, and your remark about suicide borders on defamatory. So kindly pack it in

My best case scenario would have been that H&M could have added positively to the RF as a long-standing institution, helping its relevance in the modern world. Remember the talk about the Fab Four? To make a positive difference, you have to work collaboratively with those already in it and respect its customs and practices. It’s the original hierarchal organisation. But it became abundantly clear that Meghan had to be top dog. Remember Harry’s words? What Meghan wants, Meghan gets. Her behaviour became an increasing problem. Rather than work things out like adults, they dropped that Instagram post in the full knowledge of its effect. Meghan’s attitude and behaviour caused a self inflicted alienation. Their treatment of, particularly, the Queen was appalling.

Good luck defending them, it’s mission impossible stuff

Meghan herself said she was suicidal. Of course you don't believe her.

Why are you so pissed off with them. My take on it is that some of the British people (the ones who read the Daily Mail/Express/Sun) were upset tht Harry choose Meghan and his son over them. Meghan didn't want to put up with all the hate & racism from the tabloids.

Lets not forget that when they went to Canada, they didn't start fighting back until the Oprah Interview (March 2021 having left the UK 15 months later and were basically not seen, but the hate/racism posting continued non stop and Harry's so called family didn't say anything about it.

They were not allowed to add positively to the Royal Family. The Royal family might not be obviously racist (just don't hire people of colour), but the British tabloids and some institutions (like the Met Police) are most definately racist.

The problem with Meghan was that she is smart and hardworking and quite charasamatic. She showed the Cambridges/Wales up with her work ethic. And they tried to make life hell for her.Why? Why did they not support her when she was dealing with racists like the way the King of Norway did for his sister whose partner is black? The Royal Family are so flawed (affairs, mistresses etc), that they are afraid of the British press.

Step back but fully support? It's a contradiction. The Queen, with her whole "servants heart" schtick, was having none of it i.e. you don't get to represent me on a part time basis, you're either committed or you're not.

• Advertisement

Her father sold her for thirty pieces of silver? He, along with anyone linked with Meghan, was thrust into a global media spotlight at that time and his major crime as such was that he collaborated with photographers in staged photos. The kind of thing that celebrities are known to do to promote themselves (*cough* Back Grid *cough*). His mistake was to lie about doing that when asked about it on the phone. It was actually this which made him persona non grata i.e. he's in league with the evil media and must be banished.

Advertisement