Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A cold, cloudy and damp day here in Meath. Looking forward to some proper warmth again from Monday afternoon although I may have thunderstorms to deal with on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What a difference a week makes.

Same spot, exactly one week apart! Summer - Autumn (....well Winter!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very breezy and overcast in Cork, not great at all but at least it’s dry.

Lord we really need something out of October. I'm thinking like the dry pleasant spell in 1994. Something to break the winter a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Met eireann predicteding some serious rain for the east coast tomorrow.

Another miserable washout weekend for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

I needed the rain jacket on for my walk but it was more drizzly rain.

At least we got out got a few hours in fresh air, it was chilly if you weren't walking.

Heating on again for an hour, nice and toasty now indoors.

More of a November feel to the day with the cloudy gloom.

Not dry in Dublin, I've the frizzy hair to prove it😁.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heating on here in Greystones. I was hoping to get to October but two cold days in a row has the house cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Another miserable day in D16, tomorrow not looking much better. Thankfully in Minorca it’s 29c tomorrow, where I’m going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭acequion

Reading the comments here it really does seem that the south west has fared better than the east and south east during this poor summer and autumn. About time we'd do a bit better perhaps as we always get the rawest deal and that said, it's been mainly lousy here as well. But we did better in the beautiful June spell, had higher temps on many days of the Sept 9 day wonder and got that gorgeous one off 25 degrees on 9th August that no one else got. [I missed that one though having flown to Spain on Aug 8th]

Today too seems better here. While not great, it's certainly pleasant. Sunshine up to about 2pm, cloudier since but pleasant enough to potter outdoors as I've been doing all day in shorts and a long sleeved top. Will probably need heating after dark but no way would you need it yet. It may well rain later too but at least we got the day, which is great as it's Saturday.

Not competing with you guys over east, but ye've been spoilt other years, I think.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Robwindstorm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Rainfall warning ⚠️ for wicklow and wexford tomorrow, looks fairly active thundery day tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Also a good chance of seeing the northern Iights tonight with Any cloud breaks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely bright fresh day in Kerry, breezy. Out along the coast for hours this afternoon, needing a windbreaker out in the open but feeling warm with some shelter under the sun, got up to 16.6C and 13.7C atm. Cloudier tonight, would love to have a go at getting some shots of the Auror but not looking too promising here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭acequion

Yep, you're backing up what I posted earlier. In sheltered gardens away from the coast it got up to about 18/19C which was very pleasant as it was mainly calm. A fairly nice September day and once it stays dry I'll be content.

Bucketing in Greystones again.

Yep, no chance getting out with the kids in that.

Glad we got out for the few hours yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,885 ✭✭✭✭zell12

When is the last time we had a proper storm? Gale force winds, driving rain, island residents cut off, etc. Seems like a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

met eireann got that weather forecast for the midlands completely wrong.

cloudy, but pleasant with the sun sneaking through

• Advertisement

Well enjoy it while you can, certainly didn't get it wrong for Dublin, absolute muck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Storm betty ,4 weeks ago ,I'm not sure we had island residents cut off though in the aftermath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

The last one I can think of that I'd consider a 'proper' storm was Storm Barra in December 2021. Don't remember much of note since then even though we've had a few events like Storm Betty recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,885 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sounds like that. No howling gales, driving rain, widespread power cuts, coastal flooding etc for what seems like years.

After a dry interlude this morning, moderate rain now in Greystones.

Absolutely shite dreary day in Cork

When Grace was around we had one most weeks 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

One horrible morning and afternoon in Meath. Had a reprieve of precip for an hour around. Dark, depressing, raining.

16⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

Rain has intensified in Dublin. Utterly rotten day. Hopefully a drier end to September and start to October is in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Very heavy pocket of rain sitting over South Wicklow now. It's been raining constantly here all day varying between light drizzle and very heavy showers, and on top of what fell Friday into Saturday I'd say we have a nice running total for September already.

Advertisement