Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

So sorry Grem that you have grief heaped on top of your physical pain. I hope you can cope and send my most positive thoughts your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sorry for your loss, Grem, mind yourself while you grieve for your friend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sending you loads of hugs @Gremlinertia, sorry to hear about your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@banie01 has a lovely saying, I've seen him use on here

Something along the lines of "may your happy memories be a source of light and comfort during the dark times."

I've probably butchered that quite badly , but I do like the sentiment of remembering all the good times.

Look after yourself, 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

NCT....last 2 occasions ive been up here the cars have failed.....bad feeling about this visit.......cars are old but not a hope of changing them..🤬🤬🤬🙄🙄🙄🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

So sorry for your loss Grem .. look after yourself as best you can today and in the days ahead .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

5km done without any refusals, we are progressing.

Sorry to hear about your loss Grem, take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,062 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Phew. I was thinking he'd probably not get a license for a manual.

• Advertisement

Having a pint with a friend

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks, I'm blushing now, but your version is lovely too.

My usual is "may memories of happier times shared be a golden light in the darkness of grief yet to come"

It's a paraphrase of a Jewish blessing I heard quite a bit of "may their memory be a blessing" and it sparked the above thought for me.

Grem, I really am sorry for your loss and the travails you must face. Mind yourself, and be kind to yourself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Nothing like a huge argument on a Sunday morning to set the mood for the day 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Head slightly wrecked. Very nice pints. But very expensive. That's alcohol done until Xmas.

Leak under one of the appliances.😔 Leak detector detected it. 👍 well worth the few quid they cost.

Weather is still crap.

Time for tea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very sorry for your loss, Grem. May your dear friend Rest In Peace. Look after yourself at this time.

Another dismal day out there - my mate took a rain check (very apt) on our weekly walk in the park but OH and myself are going out for a spot of late lunch followed by a drive. 🚗 🌧 🌦

I am sorry for your loss of your friend again Grem, and I feel like an idiot posting a picture of a pint while out with a friend last night. I was not thinking, and only now do I realise it is so insensitive. Sorry and hope you are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think you're being hard on yourself there, Bowser.

Life carries on around us and having a drink with a friend is a great way to spend a Saturday night. I don’t think Grem would begrudge you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My sincere condolences @Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Condolences Grem, very sad news. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Condolences to you Grem, mind yourself

Alfie sends you a big kiss

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not a bit, we always appreciated a good pint, if anything it was a beautiful tribute

Ok, good. Hope you are managing ok today.

It's stopped raining here. Soaked everywhere. ☀️☀️☀️ is appearing now. Having an instant coffee before starting work.

Have a good day everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s been a slightly busy, slightly stressful couple of weeks….

and the amount of stuff that is just on the blink in my place is slightly adding to the annoyance ….

cooker…. One of five hobs working, one other sorta working, kind of… it will slowly warm soup or sauces but not ‘cook’….

oven… one part not working.

laser jet printer… broken ( it’s not new by any means but has been only very rarely used, only a new cartridge too )

there is certainly the money to replace everything but the sheer fûcking hassle involved and especially the printer as I’ve stuff I needed to print…. But grateful to a family member who has stepped in to do that.

Cooker : 500

Oven : 850

Printer : 250

so a guesstimate of about 1600 quid in extra outgoings in the month just to replace the basics. 😅💶

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Ouch, that hurts Strumms 😖 Even if the money is there.

Deskside working from home today. Woke up feeling absolutely shattered and light-headed, like I'm coming down with something. Covid test is negative, so it's probably just a cold, but still not something I particularly relish.

On the plus side (size? 🤔), I finally found an online store that has clothes in my size and is affordable. You wouldn't believe it is for someone with the BMI of a small planet to find a store like that.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m watching Tipping Point and there’s an English school teacher on . The question was , In 1989 which US president declared the end of the Cold War . She said I’m thinking of 2 . JFK or Abe Lincoln . ?? In 1989 !! Her pupils will be in pieces laughing .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Maybe she was just beating 'round the Bush?

35 minutes to go, and not before time. Had my patience tested today. Turns out I'm negative 😤

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Slightly like me 😂😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This lil Ewok upped and died yesterday. She was our part time dog as it were, knocked into us sometimes multiple times a day and stayed with us while owners were away for anything..

• Advertisement

Ah Grem I’m so sorry to hear that news ❤️❤️

Advertisement