Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭pureza

Relentless

39.6mm recorded in Arklow since midnight and currently still pouring down

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a rotten dirty day here in Meath. Friday was very similar to today and yesterday was damp and baltic.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Have a good holiday Gonzo. You timed it well weatherwise 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

So dark in Sligo not raining much but at 3pm it was as dark as 8pm normally is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Awful flooding in Exeter especially the airport 🛫 over 100mm has fallen since yesterday

So would I hahaha 😆 I have a depression lamp so that helps me alot 🙂

I have too but haven't used since 2013. Must get it out if it stays this dreary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A miserable evening with lots of low cloud and mist about. Low visibility at Donegal Airport with the evening flight currently holding above the airport. Moderate rain also

EIDL 171900Z 29006KT 260V320 3800 RA BKN003 BKN005 OVC009 15/14 Q1004

Absolutely 💯 I only got it 4 weeks ago but last weeks warn spell helped so so much

• Advertisement

46 8mm since midnight in Arklow and still lashing down

Probably will hit very close to the 50mm total today

Wettest day of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

The rain keeps on giving ......

14⁰ Meath

Stopped around 4am in Arklow

66mm since midnight saturday

94.4mm since Thursday

September total 112.6m

Stopped raining. Overcast 12⁰ Meath

Some colour on the radar of precip over East UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Beautiful sunny and somewhat fresh morning in Cork, a nice change from the muck of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Hooter23

We are gone back to the windy and rainy days being the warmest days with 20 degrees tomoro...cooler then on the sunnier days 🙃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Donegal, Connacht

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Spells of rain will be heavy and persistent at times giving accumulative totals of 30 to 60mm, locally higher on hills.

The rain will ease off for a time in many parts on Tuesday daytime, before heavy spells of rain return Tuesday evening and night.

Potential impacts:

Localised flooding

Travel disruption

Valid: 00:00 Tuesday 19/09/2023 to 06:00 Wednesday 20/09/2023

Issued: 11:05 Monday 18/09/2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Ah christ, more rain, just what we needed 😓

Plenty of wind warnings ⚠️ issued as well

• Advertisement

After a dry, bright, windy morning it's a deluge now.

14⁰ Navan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

ye gods..Tuesday night/Wednesday looks fantastic...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Not sure there's much warranting the yellow wind warnings based on current models. According to Met Eireann themselves a yellow warning for wind is widespread mean speeds between 50 and 65km/h and/or widespread gusts between 90 and 110km/h.

Looking at the models I don't see either of those criteria being met aside from maybe some exposed coastal areas in the next 48 hours. Maybe the next run will show some upgrades in the models? Not to derail this into a warnings thread, but it doesn't look to be anything notable even on their own site really.

I think it's because leaves are starting to fall off and local branches may break etc 🤔 I'm not entirely sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

So nice to have a bright, dry evening to come home to! Cool and windy, but lovely and fresh.

I got in the door at 6 and practically ran out to the shed for the lawnmower to get the lawn cut before any further deluges. I was caught in a shower in Clondalkin at 5pm, but it didn't seem to have affected Lucan when I got back.

I'd be so happy if Autumn stayed like this instead of the miserable crap we've had all weekend, but no such luck!

Good chance of seeing the northern lights tonight if skies are clear in your location, its looking good now for me but obviously there has to be cloud ☁️ currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Plenty of heavy showers today but it was warm in the sunny spells. Still strength in the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

A stormy start to Wednesday likely here in NW. Wind gusts in excess of 100kph possible. The strong jet makes this probably very unpredictable so hence the warnings.

• Advertisement

Northern lights seen in Scotland tonight

Advertisement