Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade Republic savings account thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Are you on the latest version of their app? I dono I'm android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Looks like there is an update a few days ago available for you:

Version History

• Sep 14, 2023
    • We work every day to make the Trade Republic app even better for you.

• Download the latest version to take advantage of the latest features.

• This version includes bug fixes and improvements.

• Aug 28, 2023
    • We work every day to make the Trade Republic app even better for you.

• Download the latest version to take advantage of the latest features.

• This version includes bug fixes and improvements.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/trade-republic/id1410703839

with 4% intrest rate this is very much a good offer....has any one maxed out their deposits ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Have people with Android been able to select 4% interest? No update due on my app and followed all the steps listed above but still no joy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

App update rollout for Android should happen over coming days I'm told

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

And it's 4% from October 1st so you're not missing out. Raisin.ie also has interest rates of 4.21% with a bank guarantee for 1 year fixed. If you know you're not using the money, that might be the way to go.

Having access to the cash is a big appeal of TR (apart from the low deposit ceiling) without a fixed term and the 4.21% comes with 10% tax on the interest that you cannot claim back from Latvia but can be used as an offset on your tax but it's kinda messy with ROS assuming you declare the interest as income.

Waiting for a better bank otion raisin at the moment BFF was a good offer with 3 and 6 month 4% options but on hold due to popularity.

I hope so because their support centre doesn't seem to be aware of the issue...

Not that there is any urgent rush just yet, that is until October 1st :)

Version 1.1.5685

Screen shots returned to them. I also think their instructions are wrong the interest section is in cash not weath and there is no "banner" in wealth, assume thsts the bug in the current version.

"Thanks for your message.

To start earning interest on your uninvested cash: As an existing customer, simply open your mobile app and tap the interest banner in Wealth (you might need to update or reinstall the app to see it). Once you accept the new T&Cs, your uninvested cash balance will automatically begin earning interest. As a new customer, you don’t need to sign up for interest as it’s automatically activated when you open your account. Once interest is activated, you’ll be able to see the interest banner in wealth.

You can also review the updated T&Cs you just accepted by going to Wealth > tap on your avatar in the top left-hand corner > scroll down to Service > tap Documents > General documents > Customer Agreement.

If the problem persists, do not hesitate to send me a screenshot by e-mail."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

4% interest activated.

Android update this evening, went into cash, clicked into the 2% and it was showing click to activate 4%

That's interesting no update available on my s22+ I'm still on 1.1.5685 and I've cleared cache in play store and did a check for updates which picked up 3 other apps but not TR but I see there is an update on the play site on the web version.

Oh well I activated it on a spare iPhone 14 that i dug out today anyways 🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭sonyvision

IPhone 14!. I would love that ha. I have some crap Samsung, max download is 225mb and my laptop gets the full 500mb I'm paying for.

My update was there at 9pm, so likely Android users will start to see it coming over next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

So, it looks like if someone wanted to keep the previous UI there would be no option to activate the new rate.. Only by updating to the latest version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

My app updated today with the changes, on Android. A full week after Apple store updated but better than never

Seems that they are rolling it out slowly (updated app still not showing for me on phone play store but i have activated the interest anyway via iOS).

"Hello,

Thank you for your message regarding the 4% interest rate.

The development and implementation of a new app and its updates can present numerous technical and complex challenges. In order to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, we have strategically decided to launch an updated version of the app in several stages, while also prioritizing the security of our systems.

This is why you don't see the option yet to change to 4% interest. You will see it later this week, and this before the new interest rate is applied starting from October.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Alternatively, you can also look at our Help Center.

Have a nice Wednesday!

Kind regards,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The option to change to 4% interest showed up on the app for me this morning.

Android phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,051 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Time to update the thread title!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Eve12345

Is cash 100% protected by the deposit guarantee? I’m just thinking of any possible scenarios - could it go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

It is protected, but it may not necessarily be a simple process for recovery.

Read the FAQ at bottom of homepage on "What happens in the event of TR Insolvency?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I signed up for TR last week and its stuck on verifying my identity. hasnt moved in a week, Anyone had anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TabbyLongTails

Recently signed up and lodged money. Do I need to do anything to enable the 4% interest or is it by default? The iOS app is muck

They should let you know but you have to do a few trades first?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Doesn't sound right, might need to upload documents.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No you don't need to make any trades at all. On the cash tab scroll down to benefits and should say interest with the %

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Cheers, I uploaded what they wanted, now I cant get passed that page for support ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

If it is already more than a week, you could try first clearing your app cache.

Alternatively, if this does not work, uninstall and download the app again and when you login you might be able to pass this stage. It happened to me, but it could just be a coincidence.

• Advertisement

Yeah i have cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, turned on location, did it with wifi and 5g but no difference. how did you get around it?

Advertisement