Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Your dead right some family members are toxic. William and Kate are doing the right thing by staying clear of those two toxic cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

It’s amazing what a media campaign can achieve. It’s actually fascinating to read this thread as a result.

What time of year was Kate making her appearance? What time of year is Meghan and what are the temperatures? Meghan doesn’t have to follow Royal protocols re her outfits and is selling out what she’s wearing instantly. Young people are admiring Meghan’s style and buying it. This could have been a useful asset to the Royals. Kate used to do this before her clothes became more reserved in recent times, her outfit choices have become characterless recently in my opinion. I still think some of Kate’s outfit choices are nice. Hated her recent woodland outfit. But this nonsense pitting women against each other, heck even someone taking the time to find this and create this shows me all I need to know about the brainwashing that the media can achieve. And somehow it’ll all be Meghan’s fault for just showing up and wearing her outfits at the Invictus games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Kate gets to do this routinely and so Meghan wants to do it too (if only once) for the optics? What Meghan wants, Meghan gets. It's effectively cosplaying as a royal since she's not even a patron or ambassador for the games whereas Kate is for her ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Kate reminds me of a Stepford wife. Nice little costumes from another era, hair and makeup perfect always very formally dressed and no one would have any use for the clothes she wears because they are so formal and way too expensive. Basically, the Royal Family have turned her into a clothes horse.

That video above is all staged for optics. Do you seriously think the reason Kate went on a day training course with the army for anything other than as PR/Optics. Why do you not have a problem with that. So what if its for optics - it brings attention to their causes. Thats why the royal family have so many patronages - to draw attention to the charities.

Now Harry and Meghan can do that effortlessly. The Invictus Games draws the attention of the world because they use their drawing power. Why do you have a problem with that. Meghan can't even go to supermarket when it is world news. Invictus are very lucky to have Harry & Meghan and patrons.

• Advertisement

They can draw the attention of the world? I checked it and there was 508 watching the livestream when I did. No they can't. You're really having a laugh there with such exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

That's why they are trending on Twitter ( for the wrong reasons ).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Ha, those trends says more about your interests than what is actually trending.

This is what throws up on mine.

Clearly you are obsessed with negative posts about Harry & Meghan.

That is what is trending in Ireland, not for you. And no, I'm not a fan of Meghan and Harry or indeed the Royals.

Well, I tried to point you in the right direction with the X video showing how to behave with the military, but clearly that didn't penetrate at all. There really is no comparison at all to make between Catherine and Meghan. I haven't forced them into a competition; if anyone has, it's Meghan. She also cosplays Diana and, perhaps more appropriately Wallis Simpson, but manages to do it completely out of context.

Have a watch of the Good, Bad and the Rugby podcast on YouTube - you'd be joining over 2.2m people who have watched it. It shows a family - ok, not your average family by a long chalk but nonetheless a family - enjoying one another's company, having a bit of fun whilst providing some insights into the way they feel about sports and the effect that sports can have on children. I have never seen anything remotely like it emanate from H&M - everything and anything is about Meghan.

Meghan clearly feels "entitled" to get everything her own way. Off the top of my head, how about Meghan's behaviour at Wimbledon, acting the diva and having a whole raft of seating cleared for her and her party? Or the "near catastrophe" car chase in NYC. Or the hissy fit over a tiara (!) But mainly about her loose association with the truth which, as far as she seems concerned, is a malleable concept which can change over time to support your latest narrative.

I've said many times that I don't hate her, I am not suggesting anything bad should befall her; I simply think her behaviour is dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

it's not harry and meghan who are toxic anything.

it's charles and co who are toxic and cnuts.

harry and meghan are the ones who care about the injured vetrens, they are at the games, they are cheering them on, they are congratulating them and showing support.

the rf couldn't even be bothered to write a tweat to congratulate and show support for the vets.

it's very clear that it is not h&m who are the problem, but the rf itself of which h&m exposed them for what they are.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the claim of meghan having lots of seating cleared for her at wimbledon was a tabloid fantasy claim.

a small amount of seating would have been put asside for her and the security as it would have been for the rest of them, but that's it.

the car chase happened, that's very clear.

no evidence she had a hissy fit over a tiara either, possible but nothing to prove it.

even if she did, she was a royal, it's standard practice to be entitled and have hissy fits.

she spoke the truth about the rf, her own father showed his true colors so will have backed up any statements she made about her family life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm starting to think that if Harry or Meghan shot someone on Fifth Avenue then you'd have some people saying it is his familys fault. 😄

But the Games had super stars Harry and Meghan promoting and representing it. They should be enough. If his family are cnuts then why are people moaning about them keeping schtum? Surely the Games are better off without them if that's the case? Better to have compassion in action advocates as promoters.

Saying nothings draws a line and I'd see it more as a bifurcation between what they do and what his family do i.e. building their lives overseas with IG now exclusively Harrys gig. You can be sure if any tweets were posted or statements made that people who despise them would be moaning about that too e.g. just a statement? Why aren't you all there? One tweet?!? The vets deserve better...blah blah blah.

the claim of meghan having lots of seating cleared for her at wimbledon was a tabloid fantasy claim. a small amount of seating would have been put asside for her and the security as it would have been for the rest of them, but that's it.

Compare and contrast - a Tale of Two Wimbledons

Meghan in a DMZ for "security" reasons

The Heir to the throne, the second and third in line to the throne and the future Queen at Wimbledon (security provided by Annabel Croft, who presumably has her trusty tennis racket close at hand - just in case of a near-catastrophic double fault)

And, to finish of with, King Felipe VI of Spain, who looks relaxed even though he's sitting amongst other people. <Gasp> 😱

And let's not forget the poor guy trying to take a selfie at Wimbledon being "spoken to" by Meghan's Prot Man.

oh i personally think the games are better off without the rf, but the problem is that charles is head of the army, so he has an obligation to show support for the athletes for which it would not be to much for him to do, in any way, yet he couldn't be bothered.

shame on him.

there will absolutely have been security at wimbledon when william was there, they may have kept out of sight but they were absolutely there.

• Advertisement

I'm sure you're right. But there was no fuss or being surrounded by rows of empty seats. Meghan is obviously significantly more important - well, in her own mind, at least.

meghan wasn't surrounded by rows of empty seats either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I really marvel at your ability to deny reality. It was widely reported that she turned up in jeans and couldn't sit in the royal box so others who had bought tickets were booted out to allow Megain and her friends watch the match.

Photos of her surrounded by the empty seats are posted here.

It happened, there's proof, no amount of claiming it didn't happen will change that fact.

it was reported, but reported doesn't equal actual.

there was a small amount of empty seats, probably due to security reasons, not rows of empty seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

definitely not rows, a small few empty seats certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Your taking the pi55, open your eyes ffs.

We're at alternative facts now I see.

Meghan had rows cleared at Wimbledon.

No, the tabloids made that up.

*Shows wide shot of empty rows around Meghan at Wimbledon*

Those aren't rows. Just a couple of empty seats.

👌

At Wimbledon there is The Queue where people camp for upwards of a day to try and get tickets for the main courts. I see at least 50 empty seats surrounding Meghan. Like there wouldn't be a demand to see Serena Williams playing. It was a power play, a "flex" because Meghan is special, a VVIP. She isn't a D-list actress anymore you see and being able to enjoy watching her friend play in peace is what Meghan wanted. Any advisor worth their salt would have advised against this for the optics alone but, again, Meghan is special, she is VVIP. The tabloids are toxic and stir the pot completely but when you pull something like that then cry me a river if the public call it out and take a disliking towards you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

lol you are wasting your breath. There is literal photographic proof that there are empty rows above and below Markle and empty seats to her right, but still the pro-Markle stan denies it. Where can you go with such a person from here?

How can we have an actual (never mind honest) conversation with such a person? To say she is not surrounded by empty rows is just so divorced from reality.

What is your position End of the Road? That we cant see the extreme ends of the rows so there could be a person sitting in each row just out of shot, therefore the rows are not empty? If just one seat in a row is occupied then its not empty?

This reminds me of that episode of Star Trek TNG, where a Cardassian was attempting (through torture) to make Jean Luc say there were 5 lights in the room, when in reality there were 4.

End, you do know you only harm your own narrative when you make crazy statements like this?

I can only assume that you are not interested in having an honest conversation, that you are in fact trolling.

You also insist that the NYC near fatal car chase happened. Where is your proof of this?

• Advertisement

^^ It's clear that there's a few trolling on this page. One even described Notts cottage as a wreck!🤦‍♀️😃

Advertisement