Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Atto3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

The speakers and auto steer suck too. Most charging sessions bugged out. It is not competitive quality wise with the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭electricus

For a big looking car, it’s surprisingly small inside (but maybe it looks smaller in real life?)

Based on reviews, I’d prefer a hatchback like the MG4 or ID.3 which have comparable space and look better inside and out.

Also, I couldn’t deal with my kids messing with the guitar string things non stop!

Post edited by electricus on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Watched the video there, seems to be all based around not kicking in the cooling fast enough to keep the battery under 45 degrees, which I'm sure can be fixed with a software update.

I do like the look of it but I can't get past if you have 42k. You should really try everything you can to get the extra 6k for the model Y.

When I got the MG it was the top spec one for 36.5k. And before the model Y price cut so the difference was considerable.

It's not a 42k car. They've jumped on the european market gouging without any brand recognition or hype. And as for the the Han? Am I the only one thinking 72k means dead on arrival?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What are they thinking? Their strategy can't work.

You have to do something like the Japanese did in the 70s - much better spec for the same money and prove over time that your products are better quality than the incumbents. That worked. Or like the Koreans did in the 90s - cheaper better spec but mediocre cars with old tech and increase the quality overtime and offer superior service / warranty. That worked too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is that what Dacia is doing? Old Renault spec in a cheap new vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

He repeated the test again.

Apparently setting the cabin temperature to 18 after charging helps bring down the battery temperature faster

2nd time round the car did it 35 mins faster albeit on a Norway route due to reports of flooding on normal Sweden route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Rapidgate on an Atto 3 works as follows.

At 46 degrees max battery temp the car throttles back from 84 kW to 47 kW

If temp drops back from 46 degrees then car will go up to 85 kW again and therefore you don't really get a cooling effect from rapidgate slowing the speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Did anyone get a software update (v1.5) yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Saw my first one tonight , parked next to the MG4 It looked a lot bigger maybe it was the height , additives a lot higher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

also disappointed this hasn't represented a shake up. People are price conscious so byd must believe they only need to be a tiny bit cheaper, but brands matter in car. They are going to have to slash prices to grow I suspect. This won't be near top of my list now. Wonder what price the 8-9,000e Seagul model will retail at in Europe?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Boot Size

Question for anyone that has moved from Ioniq 28 / 38 to Atto3 and Boot space

Capacity

440-litre Atto 3

357 Ioniq 

83 litre difference

110 bottles of wine = 9 crates 

I have an Ioniq and visually it difficult to see

how I could fit 83 litres extra in a BYD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It’s been mentioned as something wanted (or not wanted) in here, and apparently across Europe too. The Build Your Dreams badging will be removed from the rear of the Atto and Seal as a result of customer feedback. It will remain on the Dolphin as it’s pressed into the steel rather than an easily deleted badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kespower

Hi there, I picked up my byd yesterday but cellular connection does not seem to be working. It says it has 4g but Spotify etc will not work unless I connect it to a WiFi point. Any ideas? Also the dab+ radio is not working....

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭tlaavtech

There are no DAB broadcasts in Ireland any more, so you can tick that one off the list.

You,ll pick up dab when you drive up to the north eg Newry.

Just check the menu on your infotainment screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Took one for a test drive today nice car to drive and looks well.

Thinking of going pcp route if I put 11k in the monthly payments are 511 euro.

What do people think, a bit high monthly payments?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Personal choice really. I just don’t understand how people choose to pay €500 a month for a car. Do your sums and make sure you’ll save on the other costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭DrPsychia

if you give us the finance details it would be helpful to inform you. PCP % rate, term length, GFMV, and total interest paid.

From my analysis of PCP offerings over the years I found it's considerably more expensive than HP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Hi

Here are the details

Car Cost 40950

Deposit €11000

Monthly €511 over 3 years

GFV €15,562

APR 5.95

thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Can Atto3 owners check the BYD app to lock/unlock their cars please ( this function isn't working for mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭DrPsychia

I think that's an OK deal. You should have about 8-10k equity when trading in. Do you intend to trade in after 3 years or refinance the remainder of the loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

It took about 4/5 days after i got the app for this to work on mine. I called the dealership who put me in contact with BYD. I think it is just a case of waiting for some linkup no their database to be made after they connect the car to your app. I could not turn on seat heating or AC too, other things worked in app. All working fine now. It was fixed the day after i contacted them. I could lock it in app though, just not unlock, turn on AC or heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Can the rear seats be let down to increase boot space?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For anyone that has bought the atto how were BYD for trade in? Or negotiating the price.

I've asked for a price on mine, BYD said they don't take used cars yet so it goes to a third party that only sells EVs and they are fair enough. His words not mine. I'm waiting on a price which at this point will be Monday.

He did mention that BYD are building their own dealership in cork and when that's open they will be a full dealer and take trade in themselves.

I got to, finally, take a look at one. The price is crazy, for it, and would never warm to that interior.

Such a pity, everything was pointing to it being a winner, for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You'd wonder, how much of this is the importer just reading the market badly?

• Advertisement

If you like a dull dark interior there's lots of choices out there.

Advertisement