Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

To be fair, she's never worked anywhere that places a value on selling so can't be too hard on her for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big Dave saying Edge & Drew are far apart on money with the WWE just as Jade is with AEW.

We should never forget it’s about money and there are generations of wrestlers getting screwed by promoters I’m all for the wrestlers getting the money they feel the are worth if the they can get it from any company

That’s why I’d personally, fall on Ortiz’s side of the fall out with Santana. Santana wanted to leave because he didn’t feel they were being used right where as Ortiz was very happy to have a full time contract with a consistent wage coming in every week after years of not having that security.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

If nothing else having AEW is great for situations like this.

In the past it would have been like it or lump it if you don't like the offer. At least now some talent can get paid by one company if not the other or even drive their price up by playing them against each other.

Good tag match and great to see Big Bill get some prominent screen time

RVD back wrestling next week.

• Advertisement

Starks vs. The American Dragon in a Texas Death match next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

For Jade I strongly am skeptical it's about money. Her husband is beyond minted with his baseball stuff and it seems the more relaxed schedule was more a factor in her starting with AEW.

Paying wrestlers fairly is definitely important and one of the things my promotion has set out to do for our crew. All flights and hotels taken care of, food and drinks provided backstage for all and we even take everyone out for lunch the next day to chat about the show and future ideas. It's worked extremely well for us with guys like Lince, Justice and others happy to pass on details of coworkers from other promotions and get them in also. The scale of course is wildly different but the principle remains the same. If anyone of course is interested to learn more about it all I'd be happy to share in a dedicated thread or AMA or similar.

Matt Cardona teasing turning up at Arthur Ashe after he was jumped by Santana at an indy show the other night.

The VaudeVillians reunited at the same show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If that was Keith Lee’s 22nd take, I’d dread seeing the other 21, lol.

Loved his jacket though, and delighted with the fact City has been put with Storm for her vignettes. That’s a fun pairing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There's a strong 'Viva Señor Burns!' vibe off it alright

• Advertisement

Jade due to start at the Performance Center next week according to reports this afternoon.

They need to debut her straight off the bat with a huge win for me either straight onto the main roster to challenge and beat Rhea or beat Becky on NXT in her first match.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 86,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kris and Britt had a good match too, best Britt match in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Completely unrelated but you're on the west coast right? Does AEW air live or on tape delay? Gonna be in Vegas on Wednesday and have a couple of hours free before cirque du soleil where AEW will be if it airs live, watching Eddie Kingston win in a sports bar would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I am indeed, in Seattle. I've always watched it via Sling TV which aired it live - starting at 5pm but not 100% certain that's the norm. Checking the local TBS listings should confirm it. You could always AEW Plus it on Fite via VPN on a tablet or phone too - I've done that plenty also.

Ospreay setting up a match for WrestleDream?

NOAH, NJPW & AEW

If you don't know the history of Eddie and Claudio here is an hour and half history lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

'don't they have thing on YouTube telling you about me an Claudio?'

yes Eddie they **** do and its well worth the watch

Looks like Darby Allin will be a part timer for the next 7 months he is going to be training to climb Everest next April

Reading Joe’s interview today he really deserves the title even for 10 days.

Joe is the man!

This is a locker-room leader !

"I’m used to that environment. Those things don’t seem very intense to me, but it could be something crazy intense to someone else. I wasn’t really affected by the moment. I was more focused on getting the show back on track and getting us going because it was bell time"

• Advertisement

So who debuts tonight?

You think you know me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Edge does go to AEW I kinda want them to keep apart for awhile until the time is right, dont have them interact on TV

Mercedes would be my guess to appear tonight.

So so happy for Eddie

Holy sh1t go on Rey!

Great to see Rey with a major singles title.

Looks like Mox could be legit injured

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The ref should have just kept counting imo, guessing Mox may have been injured

Just rewatched looks like Mox got a stinger hopefully he will be ok.

Reports he walked out under his own power.

Now might be the time for Mox to take that time off he was meant to take after last years All Out.

MJF doing the Hitman vignette

• Advertisement

Adam Cole fcuked up his ankle running down by the looks of it.

Advertisement