Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have always used Ovoids and never had an issue with them (bar the small ones from Easyglow) but that’s another story.

Just ordered another tonne this morning from Greers, the Star ovoids for €513 , and they said they should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Nearly time for the fire …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Decent price here from First & Last Off License. £14.50 per 40KG of ovoids. £362.50 which is about €420 without delivery per tonne.

I wonder is there an option to get a pickup organised and if there is a discount available if a tonne is purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pitchnputtking

The coyles glo therm is good. Got a pallet last week myself and burning it 3 days now. No worse than anything I've bought locally and alot better than some locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just ordered 50x20kg bags of Glotherm from Greers. Worked out at £440, €514 delivered to Tramore in Waterford.

€20.60ish/bag.

Cost was 375 + 65 delivery.

I paid with revolut card on phone.

Ps, I asked on phone, the star ovoids and the Glotherm are more or less same. Just different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

When I burn some pls review it

looking to buy atm

co ops are gone fierce expensive

• Advertisement

Lot of ash?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

Looking to order a tonne of columbian coal this week and doesnt look like prices have moved at all in the last few months for columbian at least.

Coal Direct Ireland is £539 (~€628) delivered vs CW €700. A difference of ~€70.

Anyone have have any recent experience with columbian from either of these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭wassie

Thanks - Do you happen to know how much their delivery is. Couldnt find anything on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I think it’s €50. If you had them to the check out and go through the process it gives you the final price.

Also if you leave them in the basket and come back a few hours later you might get a discount code . Might only be for a few quid but it all helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

Someone told me today that Coyle Coal Calco Flame is supposed to be very good for the stove?

Anyone know what it’s like and where you could get it bulk?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keith1111

Copied and pasted this 3 pages back if anyone wants to copy and add to it

Coal warehouse €550 (very good, but can be mixed with smaller pieces in bags)

easyglow €565 (large ovoids very good quality, small ovoids were poor a few years ago but they reimbursed fully)

Dandys - sure lite €575-€585 (poor enough) pro lite €635 (never tried but based on reviewseems to be a superior product )

Coal direct €610 (tried these about 4 years ago and they were comparable with coal warehouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭homingbird

Coal Direct seem to be the cheapest doing free delivery its extra with the rest.

It’s not free delivery really it’s incorporated into the price, it depends what you want really

Colombian coal is cheaper with easyglow inc delivery

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Im wondering which would be better for anon back boiler stove, im looking at either the Smokeless Ovoids from Coal Warehouse or Glo Therm from Greers, anyone have a preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

Greers at £440, €514

coaldirect £479.00~€560

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Having only ever bought coal from my local coal man I was always using the yellow stove coal bags and then last year he switched to a green bag of stove coal, other that that, I’ve no idea what I was burning, they were definitely ovoids of some description, so what I’m now wondering, how would Glo Therm compare to what I was previously burning, last thing I want to do is buy a tonne of crap tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wow. I received delivery of this today. 1 day to my door, sweet.

Palet is well wrapped and the bags are very clean, so not messy to move about.

The bags are filled with ovoids as expected. I am using these for a stove with back boiler. They are a pain to get going, but I start them with kindling and a piece of firelighter. I have not burned this coal yet, but have used ovoids in the past with good results.

reviews are 3/4 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I get your point but I've got to make the crack how many million years old is the coal?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

😊😊😊 got a price delivery to Cork

one tonne of non smokeless for e539 approximately ( sterling price 529 )

waiting on word back about payment method

Not being paranoid but how do ppl pay

pay pal

Apple Pay

or do they insist on card?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

If it’s greers you are talking about payment methods are card over the phone according to their website

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Are you including delivery in that price? That exchange rate is well off the mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Invincible

Either this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Invincible

Or this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Got half tonne delivered today - to Offaly . Less than 24 hours turn around . Fire lit since 12 - seems grand to me but far from a cold day here . Can only say excellent service and three places I was in today were charging 19.5 - 20.99 and 22 per 20kg bag . So big price difference

• Advertisement

Thanks

Advertisement