Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ninja breadman

Is there a way to get IPTV channels in the same channel list as the usual Rte and satellite channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ninja breadman

OK. Do you know a guide that will help me update to the latest version? Should I install OpenVix instead? I have read that it is more stable. Is there a plugin that auto tunes stations when they change frequency? Sorry for all the questions. Im a complete n00b

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Is your box hard wired to internet and has a Hdd or usb mounted.

Go into image manager and see if it gives you options of what make of image you can download , i choose Vix and select it and use the drop down version and i use the previous version to download to box , when done the coloured buttons will guide you to what to press. Flash to a different partition 2 3 or 4

If no option you will have to download it from Wos

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/zgemma-images/zgemma-h7/

Openvix 6 4 003 Release Zgemmah7 Multi (104.5M)

When box is flashed a Wizard will guide you to setting it up.

If box has a Hdd or usb it will need to be setup on box to ext4 for correct use . Format erases all info on devices just in case you did not know.

AutobouquetMaker is a plugin that you need to setup for moving channels. Might already be loaded onto box but needs setting up to your providers to download early morning.

If setting up EPG Tv Times it will need to go to usb or Hdd and not internal flash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Sorry I am really struggling to add tv channels back in. So I lost Cbeebies. I am following the below but when I pick Cbeebies it just tries to open up the old channel and not add the new one I have added....I am going crazy :-) Do I need to delete the old one first? can I not over write it?thanks

Adding channels to the ‘Favourites’ bouquet:

1. Ensure you are viewing a channel (any) and not the EPG.

2. Press the ‘up’ arrow on the remote’s central roundel.

3. Press the Blue button.

4. Find a channel you wish to add by opening any of the bouquet folders shown.

Ignore the ‘Favourites’ folder at this stage.

For example:

You might wish to add ‘Animal Planet’. So...

a) Click on the Documentaries Folder.

b) Find Animal Planet but DO NOT press ‘OK’. It should simply be highlighted.

c) Press the remote’s Menu button.

d) Scroll to ‘Add service to bouquet.

e) Scroll down to ‘Favourites’. NOW Press ‘OK’.

I would have asked with how old image is and version number. Every 6 months or so i rescan 28.2 and new channels will overwrite your old lists. Then you have working channels you can move into your favourites after you have deleted non working ones. Cbeebies only runs early and another one takes over.

Channel movement can be checked here.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

I can't get the receiver remote to switch off/turn on my TV set. My HDMI CEC settings are in the image

What about the Tv and have you set it up also?

Is there a special numbered port to use.?

If its ATV it is old as unsure if there was that version?

Cant find Atv image that far back for a newer model

Openvix is now on 6.4 .004. Thinking your on Vix with an older image and Skin BlueHd is a used plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Think I've sorted it now. Just cable was a little loose at the back. Fingers crossed that was all.

• Advertisement

It says Virtuosso Image Xtreme by Team ViX

SoC BCM7251S

Image 6.2.011 (Release)

Blue HD v3.1 by rossi2000 and simonsez

Any of that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes . Virtuosso is abbreviated to Openvix and that is the name of the image software you are using and that is very important to know.

Its written like this Openvix 6.2.011 release. It tells one at a glance how recent it is. The latest version is on 6.4.006 and was amended last on 13th Sept. It means your box has an image that was last amended 16 Oct 2022 and was then upgraded to 6.3. If your box works then if it aint broke dont fix it.

SOC that's the the socket where the chip is housed, and BCM = broadcom = BCM = chip manufacturer = BCM.

Blue HD V 3.1.1 is the skin you are using and gives a SKY ie old sky look but if you like it stick with it.

is it all working ok?

Just to add a bit the box has a mutiboot function which means you can have 4 different images installed, they all do much the same thing but look different. OPENATV is one OPENPLI is another and others.

Openvix is best for newbies.

It's losing all the channels. For some reason the HDD which was installed has disappeared and I cant get it up and running...I think it needs to be initialised so I might try and upgrade now before spending a lot of time on an old software release

Was it in the box or you fitted the hdd yourself?

Hdd or usb need to be setup on box and should show ext4 when seen is ready to record.

Initializing or format removes all files on it.

Try putting box into standby and power off at rear.

Is this fitted internally or newer unit slot in the back.

If your losing channels they might have moved frequency and you dont have AutoBouquetMaker plugin installed.

Can you say if you set the box up yourself from scratch or did it come pre loaded. Openvix is very user friendly and needs very little tweaking but it can be mucked up very quickly as well. If you have it all connected to the internet and its got an IP address you can flash a new image by using your remote and its the best method. And I can tell you how to put it on a new partition and box will be like new.

Did you fit the HDD yourself and do you know if its an SSD?

And do you know where the EPG is stored, this is important. If the HDD is stuck in at the rear it may have come loose and need re -seating ie take it out and push back in.

Say a bit more and we can get you set up easy. Have you 2 sat cables connected and configured the tuners? And an aerial for saorview.

Thanks, everything came as a combined package. I haven't really recorded anythign so I don't mind scrubbing the box. I think one of the kids might have pulled it out, so I did reseat the HDD but it doesn't come up. It is slotted into the back of it

I don't have the AutoBouquetMaker plugin, if I install that would it refind the channels?

Ok so box is powered off=no power and you removed the hdd and firmly inserted iy back in to place.

When done power on box and see if storage is listed in your menu,

ABM should be loaded as standard on VIX images like here on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doketty

Hey all, I just received a zgemma h7s box today from Amazon de. Plugged in and powered on but all I’m seeing is a flashing logo on the left hand side of the boxes front panel, I don’t see the hdmi input show up on my tv either. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doketty

Looks like it was due to dodgy plug/ eu-uk adapter. Booted up using old sat box plug.

thank you, that worked perfect

Now on the HDD. I done everything but it still doesn't list it if I go to file to see the old recordings. How would I initialise it? I was also thinking of putting in a 500GB SSD anyway if I can figure it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Go to Menu, setup, storage, initialize devices. The HDD should be listed there.

Thanks If I go into menu I don't get that option, I have

Audio & Video, Tuners & scanners, EPG, user Interface, network, Common Interface, Softcam Manager, Recording, Time, HDMI, System, VIX

That would suggest that the HDD isn't being recognised at all. Make sure it's the right way up (label on the top) and it's pushed right in. It'll slide in easily to start with and then you'll meet a little resistance as the connector makes contact.

HDD installed ok, I tried another old HDD I have and a small SSD. I can hear the HDD spinning

If I go Menu - Setup - it doesn't list storage

Did you power it off and on again? It probably won't recognise it if you insert it while it's powered on

You could also plug in a USB drive and see if it is recognised.

Yes plugged in and out each time

Stuck in a USB key and bingo bango. Would suggest the issue is with the system as I have tried multiple drives which I know work because I had them in laptops up to a week ago

That's strange, I wonder when one of the kids pulled it out some kind of damage was done to the internal connector or something became dislodged.

To be honest I don't even know if the kids pulled it out.I never really used it since I bought it and when I tried it wouldn't work so left it. I wanted to start recording some programs coming into the winter and tried to fire it up

I have a 2TB USB drive and connected up and it works perfect so I expect the issue is down to the connector. Might try the company I bought it off to see if they will replace but no idea when it was bought and how much warranty on it.

• Advertisement

The image in the box was last modified 19th Oct 2022 so if you go menu, information, about, look at bottom near BLUE HD and it shows installed and last update. It means box is less than 12 months.

Now that you have storage back its very important that you have EPG stored on the usb and NOT INTERNAL FLASH. If its stored on internal flash it will eventually break the box .

To check go, menu, setup, epg, settings, tird line down EPG LOCATION read across and see what it says. It may say /media/hdd but no hdd so toggle with right arrow next to OK and change to .media/usb.NB green button to save and then go back in and make sure it saved it.

Here are 2 pics to explain a bit better, first is when box is new, second is with the change.

With the HDD there are times when you have to open the box to make the HDD fit but if still under guarantee may be best to see if they will exchange.

Advertisement