Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

at home my Dad is installing / setting up a new printer for their laptop…

which in my own mind might be a little more complicated then he is used to… it’s an ultra modern wireless, Bluetooth, laser jet job. I phoned to see how it was going and the commotion and loud banging and dropping noises in the background sounded like he was trying to install a furnace or some catastrophically massive industrial appliance..

I had asked him to hold on until I arrived later but in his efforts to remain up to date and relevant to new tech which he has always enjoyed, and was good at, he is doubtlessly biting off more then he can chew and probably I dunno…… what I’m going to walk in on in 20 minutes is anyone’s guess.

I’ll know soon enough…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I took a dinner from home , expecting a steak . It’s chicken . So a lot of salt and brown sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I took , what I assumed , was a steak Sunday dinner home from my parents , but it was a chicken dinner . The only way I can eat chicken is with loads of salt and brown sauce . Or from KFC

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

very trivial, earlier this morning around 8.50 I’ve gotten a txt from a hotel I’m due to stay at later, asking me to self check in, online, now ! I was then about 11 hours from arriving there..

I’ve enough to be doing between getting my shît together, getting myself to the airport, checking in for that, security etc… without worrying about self checking in online for the fûcking hotel at this stage..

im going to get to the hotel and considering it’s not a 49 euro a night job, I’m going to gladly monopolise the time of one of their staff at check-in for about, I dunno, all of about 120 seconds… and let them check me in, hand me a key card, tell me when breakfast is served and any other important info pertaining to my stay… technology is wonderful but this crap now where businesses want everything ‘self’… it of course appeals to the tech geeks but not me… paying for a service = getting served with service, still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Strumms, just make sure it's not a condition of keeping your room especially if you are arriving at a late hour. Maybe reply to confirm your time of arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dragging in from lates and I find the makings of an omelette in the only clean multi-use bowl in the house(literally as I'm the only one who washes as opposed to "rinsing" dishes)

Snippy comment made to me about how there are no clean bowls, while all the time their meat and eggs are sitting in the bowl for their lunch at midday.

I washed that bowl after I used it and now it's dirty and I can't have breakfast. 😡😡

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Get a few bowls and dinnerset for yourself and hid it. Used to have the same problem with cutlery, pots,and dishes all dirty. Now if I have no clean dishes it's my own fault.

I got an email to say me package is out for delivery. TA is most of the order is already on my table having been delivered days ago . All on temu . I seem to double order everything .

TA 2 is I’d like to go to bed now instead of sitting up to wait for it

TA 3 is when I was forced to move I took everything I did from shims to close doors properly to the doorbell. Except while I have found the bell bit the button is completely lost

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Work has finally started to convert the garage - YAY!

Ta is that I'm too nosy for my own good and won't just put on the noise cancelling ear phones to drown out the drilling in case I miss something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My mother line-dries all her laundry outside. But then puts everything on the clothes horse inside for another day at least "to air". What exactly does she think it's been doing outside all that time???

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Had an appointment with a consultant about a medical problem that I've had for around 2 months now. When I told him about the issue he said "Well what do you want me to do about it"? How about you tell me what you can do about it??? I'm paying you 180 Euros for it, aren't you the expert???

Why do a lot of sales reps for Electricity companies etc look like dodgy dealers. They dress and have a look of them like they should be on a corner dealing drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

"Psssst hey you want some electricity? I got five kilowatts right here. Fifty euros. I'll meet you around the corner in ten minutes. Don't hand me the money directly, somebody else will take it from you."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Tell them - my appliances run better on Electric Ireland electricity 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Tuesdays, they're such a meh day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This week feels like it should be Thursday already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

People putting fking halloween "decorations" up inside and out 6 weeks before the day.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A "friend" on facebook who is giving daily updates for her fund raising for cancer as she attempts to walk a mile a day for 30 days.

This is a fit and healthy middle aged woman. A mile a day is far less than the minimum exercise she should be doing.

Embarrassing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In the canteen they now use Lyons teabags instead of Barry's 😒 colour me not impressed 😒.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Paper cut under my thumb nail. Got it from putting my hand into a cardboard box that I thought contained disc wipes. It didn’t- they were on the shelf underneath. So all that pain for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Note to the very windy girl in my office. If you are going to fart so loudly that people in the coffee shop on the other side of a glass wall turn around to see what just happened, cough while you fart, not afterwards.

No point coughing after the fact, we all heard it.

Wasn't it her leather chair? 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spent the break at an afternoon/evening training session with a person who is overly fond of conspiracy theories.

"What is a woman anyway?" "Why are they chasing after him ?" " Why is this coming out now"? my fav is "How can women know that their sons won't be accused by some woman of a crime he didn't commit"?

Not only can you p*&s off and find someone else to bore with this stuff, but I wish I had the headspace/time/energy to be that bothered about things that don't impact on my life or of anyone I know.

After much midering about getting a haircut and where I finally got a salon that would pick up their phone.

The person who answered had obviously been trained and was so stuck in the patter that they couldn't deal with interruptions. When he repeated the booking he left part of it out and when I repeated the part they missed out, they responded very clearly and loudly, WHAT IS YOUR PHONE NUMBER? in such a bitchy and patronising tone(esp when I said I couldn't remember my email address) it made me want to drop 5 stone and regress 15 years just to spite their obvious judgement that I was old/deaf and doddery!

Ta that that behaviour annoyed me and my reaction to it.

• Advertisement

"He who smelt it, deal it" but is it a case of "He who heard it, merde it"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement