Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 World Tour 2023- SSE Arena Belfast 4th Sep/ 3Arena 5th Sep 23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Might take a few weeks if they aren’t being rescheduled for 2023.

they might announce it after the current tour wraps up here in europe. An announcement of additional 2024 shows just as the 2023 dates have finished makes sense.

Them coming back next year for just those shows wouldn’t make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,603 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feel if the shows were for that gap in the current schedule they'd be announced by now but you wouldn't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

I would imagine they will postpone to 2024 where they are likely back in Europe / UK for some headlining of festivals. i have given up hope it will happen this year especially with Travis wife being due shortly. they may end up postponing all the October Europe gigs due to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya they shouldn't be announcing a reschedule for any time soon considering the chances of a second cancellation.

Possibly tag the gigs on to the end of the tour so possibly end of Feb on the way back from New Zealand.

It will have to be as part of next proper EU dates. Shipping an arena show for 3? Postponed shows just doesn’t make logical or financial sense for any act.

sure Kasabian pushed the Olympia show back till next proper run and they live in the uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

New album looks like it’s coming out on 20th October so on the plus side they’ll be playing new material when they play Dublin

No word yet

There back in the UK on the 11th-16th Oct before back to the states for 21st Oct.

Be next year before they play here, looks like they’ve passed on the gap they had at the end of this month. Interestingly I’ve read they may be touring with 21 Pilots next summer (I assume in the US) so no idea where that puts the Irish and Glasgow shows.

If a similar tour is hitting Europe then a summers night in Marley Park or Malahide could be on the cards

Be fairly shite if it ended up being moved there and they gave presale to 3 Arena ticket holders. No interest in 21 Pilots and they're much more suited to indoors

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Wouldn't fancy it being moved to Marlay Park. It was a curse when they moved Green Day there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Malahide I'd happily take. That's an upgrade on the 3 arena. Marlay Park I'd probably request a refund. I hate going to that hell hole.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

3 Arena suits me down to the ground. We don't live in Dublin but can get the bus up and down the same night from the quays. No time off needed from work wither. I'm hoping it stays put anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Malahide an upgrade on the 3Arena, no its not.

It absolutely is. If it goes ahead there

1. It's now outdoors in the summer.
    2. Better location.
    3. 3 Arena is shocking for gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Outdoors in the rain possibly, in a field on the far North side of Dublin.

A much more inaccessible venue.

Much inferior sound, no seats, poorer screens, too much daylight, worse facilities etc etc.

3 Arena is more accessible and has better sounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That doesn't make any sense.

It's horrible to get out of - unless you leave before the end of a gig to get the luas home. You can hop on the Luas from 3Arena, and 15 mins later, you are in city centre.

It's seldom the sound at an outdoor gig will beat the sound of an indoor gig. I've heard a few people complaining about the sound in 3Arena over the years, but I don't recall having a bad experience, and I have been to many gigs there. The sound at outdoor gigs is generally waned by wind, people chatting etc.

Advocators of outdoor gigs are generally there more for the occasion than the music spectacle. Which is fine. Each to their own. But to say that Malahide is better location than 3Arena is a bit silly (except for those living in Malahide of course!!). I went to see the Cure there. Grand gig, but would never visit there for another concert. Same with Marley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Two new songs from the album dropped today.

One More Time is very much this album's Adam's Song or I Miss You. It's a great song but the auto tune is pretty distracting.

The video is a serious nostalgia trip that might leave a lump in your throat.

More Than You Know is a mix of the Cheshire Cat/Dude Ranch era with some Neighborhoods vibes too. Could have seen this being a BCR song either. It's a banger IMO.

Post edited by el Fenomeno on

• Advertisement

Songs sound alright but pretty pathetic vocals, sounds like they went in the studio, did one take and called it a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Who needs multiple takes when you have autotune!

Simpsons reference

'Forget about the new album when we will get the damn rescheduled dates'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Still nothing re: rescheduling/cancelling?

As noted above it’s realistically going to be part of the next European run in 2024 which won’t be announced till after current run is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

3 arena gig moved to kilmainham. 27 august 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Front Standing tickets will be honoured with Gold Circle.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Will there be an upgrade option from standing to gold circle?.. i can't imagine there was many front standing tickets for 3 arena...

I just used the chat to ask can I upgrade them, we’ll see what happens

• Advertisement

That's class tbh. Outdoor venue is so much better. Same week as Coldplay for me also.

Advertisement