Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

2 year warranty on box. Strange as other devices dont show suggest a connection issue. Usb seen as its on a different port

If hdd has recordings on it you dont want to initialize = format erase all.

It can be mounted to show ext4

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

FWIW, this is what the connector on the HDD slot looks like. A standard molex connector for the power, and a short standard SATA cable for data. It's not easy to see what could be the issue here unless the blue cable is faulty or not inserted properly on the motherboard or connector PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Thanks for all the help

Yeah its moved to HDD now, it was on internal. After a reboot it picked up the new HDD I connected into it

Now to try get my IP TV setup :-) which I only found out should be able to work. Really I should have done all this when I bought it but never had time.

It won't even pick up a drive is connected to erase. Tried multiples and same issue

Bollix. After I opened my box to take the photo above (damn my curiosity!) my HDD isn't being recognised either ☹️

• Advertisement

It's not as if I did anything when it was open either, maybe moved the SATA connector a bit that's all. I've ordered a USB 3.0 external enclosure and plugged in a 32GB USB stick temporarily until it arrives. SWMBO won't be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Clo Clo you have me confused. Is the HDD showing in storage? Its best to have epg on USB I use a 4gb one.

To check HDD is active press red record button below the big red button and then OK a message will appear. To access recordings you press file list button, its above audio button and below menu button.

Alun, reseat the cables and do the white button re boot.

What's the white button reboot?

Thinking back on what I did, when I reconnected the box, the power button at the back got pushed in by accident so when I inserted the power connector it started to boot immediately. I'm wondering if that might have caused a power surge or something. That's all I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes that white button is the power one. It cuts all the power and memory gets cleared etc. You can tell box reboot with remote as well but the white one is a hard reboot.

try the cables with power button out and dont reboot until you have cover on

• Advertisement

I've disconnected and reconnected the sata cable a couple of times already, and even tried a different sata cable to no avail. I haven't done anything to the power cable, I might try that tomorrow. Not sure what difference it makes if the cover is on or not though?

Never play with cables with units powered on or surges will happen.

You have said no hdd is seen in the box but have you a way to check it outside the box with cables to prove the drive works and not faulty.

If you have rechecked the cables inside?

When i fitted my internal hdd i plugged it into the wrong socket on the board 5v feeds hdd to make it seen and spin up.

Alun try powering off box for a few minutes then on as that on other boxes has fixed my issues.

I didn't do anything with the cables when it was powered up, only when completely disconnected. The drive still works fine in an external HDD caddy connected to my PC so that's ok. I'll give it another go today, maybe trying to bypass the adapter/socket and connect straight to the main board to see if that's the issue. If not I can only assume that the SATA port on the main board has been fried somehow.

So you have no storage listed from the menu and you have tried another power socket.

Nice you have checked the Hdd outside the box and proves it works. Taking the top off the box should not have done anything and hoping it was not powered on when you killed the power.

No, the Storage option simply doesn't appear in the Settings menu. Nothing in Menu, Information, Devices either.

There's only one power socket on the main board, so no other options there.

As I said I've got a USB 3 enclosure arriving tomorrow so hopefully that'll solve the issue if I can't get the SATA connection working.

Yes as i had an externally powered one before adding an internal hdd also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I am having a problem with my box. I am not receiving any picture but I can hear the sound from each channel, when I reboot the box I can see the boot screen but once that finishes the screen goes blank and I can only hear the sound. I tried a different HDMI cable on another TV and I am getting the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It's possible that the box has been set to some unusual video output that the TV cant handle. If you have the box connected to your home network you could try using the WEBIF utility from a PC to check if there is a picture and to change the video settings if needed. To access the WEBIF enter the box's net address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into any web browser. The exact numbers are unique to your setup. On the left hand menu there is an option to "Capture Screenshot" which will let you see if there is a video output.

So you can get your menu up and it works?

Can you log into box from a laptop or pc by logging your ip into a browser and open up Webif.

I hope you only connected cables when units are powered off?

Is your tv Hd i assume so can receive that signal.

What are the signal readings .

I am wondering if its a blown hdmi port?

Just a thought.. are you sure you are on a TV channel and not a radio station?

• Advertisement

Radio station shows a picture of what i call a graphic equalizer so there is an image .

The blank screen is throwing me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Thanks for the responses.

I have the box over 3 years now and I never had any issues, the last week or so the box has been acting up and I had to turn it off/on with the button at the back of the unit.

I can't connect to the box through Webif as I can't see the screen on the TV to see the unique net address.

The cables were disconnected and reconnected while the unit was powered off.

I only see the boot screen and then when it loads the screen goes blank but I can hear the sound. I tried 3 different TV's and 3 different HDMI's on one of the TV's I could see the the TV channel being displayed for a few seconds but it was distorted, then it went black. Unfortunately I can't access any of the menu's as I can't see what is being displayed.

I tried another device in the TV's HDMI port and that displayed fine.

The box is 3 years old so maybe it's just had it's day?

OK we're really getting into the weeds here so do this at your own risk. Other may have better suggestions. If you know how to access your router's control panel, you should be able to see a list of devices connected to it. The router manual or perhaps even a sticker on the router will tell you how find it's address and passwords etc. A typical example would 192.168.1.1.

It is also possible to scan your network using command line tools built in to Windows, Apple or Linux devices. Google is your friend. I don't use Windows or Apple devices so cant guide your here.

I know on Linux it will show up as D-LINK, the make of the actual network chip not Zgemma.

Sadly the way you are describing the problem sounds like a hardware failure in the box itself.

Do you have any other E2 boxes network linked as mounts might have been saved ?

May have to flash an image onto box via usb stick.

I have gotten a blank picture when so channel info is there as channel has moved , does it list other channels by pressing the down button under the okay button

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with the internal hard drive. It came installed in the box from Freesat.ie. I have it since December 2021. I've had the odd time where it's disconnected before and usually a hard reboot or two does the trick. This time it started acting up yesterday and I tried rebooting. The hard reboot I think brought it back but then I think the box crashed later and then lost the HDD again. Subsequent reboots haven't brought it back. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Only thing you might try is disconnecting it from the power as put into standby and then off at button for a few minutes.

Have you checked that the drive was formatted correctly and in ext 4.

Box has 2 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Well it's been recording fine since I got it. I'm assuming that would mean it's in EXT4 no?

Yes if fine sounds like it is ext 4 , not sure if it could unmount itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Hi all. Total newbie. Have a H7S. Running openvix.

ABM runs fine for FTA channels. But for saorview and tuner C I am getting tuning failed. Frequency 546MHz.

My tuner c has signal and can scan manually to pick up the channels. Any ideas?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled ABM.

When I go to update providers I get an error. "Incompatible versions: 3.3 < 3.4.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Old image non compatible with new plugins.

Saorview needs to be setup in providers setting to your local transmitter.

What image is on your box.

Advertisement