Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

just miserable in Meath this morning, miserable....... warm though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The gusts not that high...but expect very strong sustained winds from this kind of depression which can be very prolonged too probably lasting well into the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Is the wind going to get any stronger this evening in North Wexford? Blustery here all day but just wondering do I need to tie down the trampoline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Yes your in a yellow wind warning from midnight till 06:00 ,I would tie it down just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gonzo must be missing the weather in Ireland, not! The evenings are really closing in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Worst day in Galway for some time rain and wind all day long wind gone very strong in the past hour with very heavy drizzle

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Made it to the ploughing and made it out again!😄 lucky to get parking just off the small bit of hard surface near the entrance. Fierce warm with the jacket on, showers and sunshine and loads of glorious mud, didn't seem to dampen the spirits. Tough drive home to Tralee tonight after Limerick with some heavy rain and gusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bucketing fown here in East Clare, an awful Wintry evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdeuBkcpU-U

Frankie McDonald warned us first.

Post edited by greencap on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Extremely windy in Cork, sounds like strong sustained winds, a constant hum of trees blowing in the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Met Eireann forecasting around 40km/h sustained winds in Cork city with 70km/h gusts, current observations showing 43 sustained with max gust of 69 at Cork Airport. Would you think that's accurate?

Definitely seems windier in South Wicklow than what's forecast but there are no observation stations here to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy squally rain in Kildare now tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Very heavy squall in Lucan. A few slightly unsettling gusts also in the past 10 minutes. Front (south facing) windows of the house seem under pressure! It's wilder than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Had a few gusts in Galway of 88km on my station the wind is very strong all day and tonight the gusts are very constant, the Air Corps Air Ambulance was into UHG twice this evening in very poor conditions great service and flying skills by the crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Over 50mm recorded today at a couple of official stations on wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

That seemed like the strongest winds in a long time oveenight in Lucan! It woke me around 4am. A bit of damage around the estate this morning with fencing down and a broken side gate.

Still blustery this morning, and everything is damp, but it's bright and not raining.

Nothing like a torrential shower and gale force winds battering off your face to wake you up. Malin 11am gust 102km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heavy rain at the moment in Waterford.

Just one shower in Portlaoise today. Was at the Ploughing yesterday. The conditions take the good out of it.

Lots of rain to come it seems. Strange month, heatwave a memory and very autumnal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Turned out a nice day today with nothing more than a few drops of rain and despite it being blustery until late afternoon it was a world away from yesterday's pure misery. South cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Is boards hacked or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

The Google 'prize' pop up was on the rugby thread this afternoon but gone from there since 8pm.

I was sure my phone had a virus. Sit tight and hopefully it'll pass. I was going into my phone settings, sure I had to clear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Same is happening to me ,wasn't sure if it was a virus on my phone or some bug on the site.

2 weeks ago we hit 28C, even 12 days ago Oak Park was 27.7c. Autumn has really arrived with no fuss. Getting dark as I type and sunset in Portlaoise is 19:31. Another month and clocks go back. Nature is amazing, it just pushes on relentlessly. We're only 6 weeks out from looking for wintry weather in FI!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

The change in the 3 weeks each side of the equinox is just huge. I always am amazed by the speed of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

I expect a mild, blustery or stormy Autumn/Winter season due to above average sea temperatures, El Niño and global warming. Not basing this on any models, just a guess!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A warmish night 23c just past 1am and a few rain drops, reached 29c as today's high here near Malaga, however there is a bit of a breeze which lowers the actual real feel so have a huddie on bit chilly for tshirt at this time of night. Amazing how quickly you get used to warmth and 23c with a breeze feels chilly at night.

• Advertisement

Tonight could possibly see the first air frost of this autumn in an isolated spot.

Advertisement