Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Blood sports ? Would that be dag fighting you refer to caller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"Hi Joe, thanks for making the call"

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Same brain-dead "it's the bad owners" takes everytime someone is murdered by these dogs. Not too dissimilar to the "It's the bad gun owner" arguments 3 minutes after a classroom of children have been killed.

If you replaced every Pitbull that has mauled a person to death with a poodle, same "terrible owner" in the same "terrible conditions" they were brought up in, how many deaths do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bluewolf

“Neuthered”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Neutering gurriers on Talbot Street would be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭RoTelly

It is such lazy Radio. His faux exasperation.... but how would they police such regulations? what do you mean, have an exam so people might have these dogs!

It is phone-in argumentative questions with no real argument. He basically trying to offer a differing point of view, without any facts.

For example she might say they have done this in the Scandinavian countries and he might say well they also tried it in Greece and there.... and you might have some kind of back a forth, but simple pretending to bring up obstacles against something is like a child asking why? over and over again.

We should have more dog breeding regulations..... Why?

Because the government have been on the back foot and we have a high number of dogs going into kennels ... why?

because dog breeders are not regulated ... why?

because the government don't care about the issue ... why why why why why

If you own a dog please up them on a lead, as a person with a fear of dogs I honestly can go for a walk or run because people have their dogs of their lead. It is the law.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I missed that, was that followed by a frustrated sigh and thump of the desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"A terrier is as lethal as a pitbull, if they bite you in the vein." That's like saying a pin is as lethal as a sword. 📍 🗡️

• Advertisement

• 15:00 Ray’s waiting to mess de buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's a successful day. No Nono.

Let me hear you say yeah (yeah)

No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no Nono!

No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no Nono!

No no limits, we'll reach for the sky

No valley too deep, no mountain too high

No no limits, won't give up the fight

We do what we want and we do it with pride

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Missed today.. did Molly's brass knockers get a mention as promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

That's a line of thinking with which I can readily concur.

• This is Duffy Level mattymattix dat I coulda done aged 6… Whoy so much palaver?

Leaving Cert should have a new level below Ordinary (yes I know they actually do in selected subjects) but there should be 3 Tiers to be inclusive of radio hosts. H Higher Level, O Ordinary Level, and D Duffy Level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Joe mentioned as an aside the other day some good samaritan who came to the aid of Joe's friend who got attacked by a dog in Clontarf.

Queue a full 75 minutes dedicated to dangerous ,bad b@stard dogs today.

No mention of the student accommodation crisis that was on the promo. I assume that is because is doesn't effect those in Montrose who can send Fiachra and Aifric to Trinity or UCD in their Nissan Leaf or fod forbid the Dart, Luas or Dublin bus.

• You are more likely to be able to tightly compress that small punctured arm vein than the carotid that the pit bull might go for.

• You could call Helen McEntee’s hate speech law a “you can’t say dat x 3 or yiz will go to jail” law

• I wonder what tools & fixings were used for Joe’s bad leg

• Advertisement

• Joe’s bad leg being fixed by the HSE

M

De Chadwick's Gold Card used to make the purchases 😂

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• JOE

Fondling de tits of Molly Malone, son of model of boobs gonna be speaking to Joe

Parking in supermarkets, parent spaces being abused.

American Bully dogs from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Anyway...he's going to be talking about unruly dogs, who park in parent and child spaces today, allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• molloy malone statue , rub her knockers for good luck and that
    • parking in supermarkets. parent and children spots being abused
    • bad bad dogs being banned

No Nono thank fúck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today (missed the start of the promo)

Parent and chisler parking spaces being abused

Banning bull terriers.

Will Joe be doing a Funny Thursday from the Ploughing this year or has Mr. Bakhurst put a stop to that carry on?

M

Today, Joe fella...

• As you know we have been taking about the Molly Malone statue for the last few days...Have we? I don't remember any discussion on it or do I have dementia coming on?
    • Parking in supermarkets, childer and parent spaces, caller seen a car pull up and 3 18 year olds got out.
    • Banning the bull terrier XL's.

• Re parking spaces, I’m sick of people abusing disabled spaces. I’ve better dat’s and worse days, on the latter it is extremely frustrating to see somebody without either a permit or any issue with either driver or passenger sauntering back to car blocking the space.

The other issue is the spaces themselves. So far I only need enough space to open door that but wider to get myself standing gradually up on either stick or rollator, but very many spaces provided are totally unsuited and impossible for a wheelchair user as in Dundrum Town Centre. Lidl Nutgrove is the only adequate provider in my shopping commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement