Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's been a tough week, you guys here have helped, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Oh God. That's sad.

How old was she Grem ? And I hope she left this place peacefully.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

She was a good enough age to be fair and a shopping list of conditions, she did go peacefully, it's just a bit of a sucker punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Gremlinertia that is absolutely devastating, definitely one horribly cruel week for you. Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah Grem, I’m so sorry to hear that, awful week for you, sending you booby hugs

• Advertisement

@Witchie does the boobly so I appreciate the booby hugs @Poochie05

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back up from bed after a failed 3 1/2 hours trying to fall asleep . I was tired earlier but didn’t take any night time pills and it’s too late now as I’ll sleep to evening if I take them now

Jaysis that's tough

Morning all, school time for me, definitely not used to having to get up for 8 hours of class as all of these went online during COVID. But for the next three days, they are going to try to teach me to teach others :):)

The 30 KG ball of fluff beside me, says HI :)

Up early this morning to travel home as it is the last day of the holidays ☹️ looking forward to seeing my cat though 😻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Traveling a lot myself back and forth between Germany and Ireland due to my partner working on a multi month contract there. Getting sick of the inside of airports at this stage - especially on the trips where I am dragging the kids back and forth with me. Still I signed up for the Frankfurt Marathon next month so that's going to be fun. I run a lot but never signed up for a full official Marathon before. Should be a party.

Off to see psychologist, he's in for it today, he's no idea what's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Whereabouts in Germany are you traveling to? I presume it's close to Frankfurt?

Deskside here, definitely dealing with a cold. Still able to work (barely), but with a VERY short fuse at the moment...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Been to a few places around Bavaria in general recently - but predominantly flying into Frankfurt yes.

Some deep Bavarian Forest places though. Did a 60km Hike from one city to just over the border of the Czech Republic. An old trade route that used to be for horse and carriages through some towns and forests.

Various places selling horse meat and horse sausages in buns there. So that was different. Good locally brewed beer to wash it down with though. And some great outdoor swimming pools in the heat.

The tired is hitting hard, but of cooking and bed looms

Dinners made, cleaning done, shower had, time to try rest, thank you all for being you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

And likewise with you Grem .

You're the heart and soul of this thread , whether or not you can , or will accept that. Hugs and look after yourself 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

In the leaba here, listening to the wind howling outside. Very tired but tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm heading away again this weekend, just need to get work out of the way. The diet is definitely starting next Monday. ☺️

Can‘t really sleep over here, the rain and wind are something else. The muggy air over here doesn‘t help either…

Why couldn‘t this thing kick off during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table suppin a coffee......bringing the eldest chick to the ploughing championships....well she told me that I promised her last year .......and as usual im not prepared, forgot to get welly boots for myself so a wet feet day ahead of me....

• Advertisement

Carrier bags tied off tight enough to cut off the circulation, eldest chick might change her mind about going.

Morning all, well it appears that before i can teach people to take a lump of machine on and off the ground, I have to become a psychologist first. Why on earth do i have to know 16 types of human personalities. What ever happened to Type A and Type B :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is it a 4-letter 'code' for each of the 16 types?

Not your ornery onager

You're training to be a flight instructor? Fair play to you, all fingers crossed!

Deskside here after less than three hours of sleep, thanks to that wonderful weather we had overnight... 😴😴

Yep, i find it rather bizarre as what happens if an employer seeks people with a specific combination regardless of experience.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the canteen having lunch in my workplace after giving a double lecture on a new module I'm teaching first year students this semester.

Another two classes to give this afternoon on this busy day. Happy Hump day all!

And home after a very bumpy ferry ride so was good to get to the other side! Cat is of course indifferent despite me breaking her out of the cattery early. Think she was having a great time, which is good of course 😻

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Sitting on the beach waiting in an airshow. Blue isn't too impressed with sea and has no desire to get wet.

• Advertisement

I always have to do a double-take on the term cattery. Back at home, we refer to such places simply as "Katzenpension", which translates to Cat B&B, which I always find more charming 😺

Advertisement