Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Double digits come in and the trafic on here ramps up , love it!

We in the Range on Sunday and bought a couple of small bits but we made plans on what to buy so that the dinner table looks extra special this year. You'd want to win the lotto to do what we'd really like to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Was out for a walk earlier and seen some of the Santas grotto decorations for Winterval are out of storage and presumably being checked. Have to admit I had a big smile when I spotted them..pics aren't great, got one of a nutcracker and some of the lights/baubles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Look for what just landed in the post today.... 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Great to see so much activity for me to read since last Thursday. Had a busy weekend with it being my 30th, had a surprise party thrown for me on Saturday. Spent most of Sunday and Monday recovering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

30th you're only a baby.... Meanwhile I'm still crying in old age.... 😥

Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy birthday, only a two day hangover, the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Happy birthday, Andrew! For a second I thought it was today and you shared a birthday with Jarvis Cocker, 60 today and still got the moves :) oh, for the days of being 30 again!

No it was on Saturday. Always on the 100 days countdown! Probably explains why I'm so invested in Christmas.

Thanks @Loughc @Jude13 @A cup of te for the wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I vaguely remember turning 30.... actually, nah, who am i kidding, it was far too long ago now!

I just about remember my 50th & that was last year!

Hope the party went well anyway, and congrats on the big 3 nil!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

Was in work today and mentioned what year I graduated college and could see a few of the younger members of staff with that "I wasn't even born then" face.

Belated birthday wishes. A big birthday is a big birthday, even if you are only a young'un.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's scary that people in their mid twenties were only babies or toddlers when 9/11 happened. 🙈

I remember chatting to a few of the guys in work about football & Ireland & mentioned Euro 88 & Italia 90 and got a sea of blank faces back, with most of them not having been born let alone old enough to watch the games!

I already know I graduated college before most of them were born too! 😐️

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The new xmas jumper arrived today 😁

Be put away now for a while

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I registered for college 11/09/01 forever memorialised on my student card that expired long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

@PTH2009 that is one cool jumper!

While it's scary how life flies by and you get to an age where you can hurt your neck just by laying it on the pillow, there are some great things about getting older e.g. I no longer have the energy to care what anyone else on the planet thinks which is very liberating ;-)

That is my favourite thing about getting older is not giving a f about what people think.

Aye, gave up on that a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Birthday @Andrew93 I turned 30 last November. Welcome to the club.

What somebody told me once was not to dwell on turn 30 something because after a few years you relies your nearly 40.

The years are flying by.

I think it must be scary if you have kids watching them grow up. Those lets just say very magical Christmassy must just fly by.

@Posy I was 8 nearly 9 when 9/11 happened. What scares me I started secondary school in 2005. The people born in 05 are 18. In 18 years I'll be approaching my 49th Birthday. You'd really wonder what everything will be like then.

Now I'll stop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy 30th birthday @Andrew93 , very best wishes, now we know what the 93 means in your name 😄

Just copped I'm 50 and three quarters today, it is amazing when you get on a bit how the younger people in work weren't even alive when you were doing your Leaving or College. They also haven't a clue when you talk about things from the 80's and 90's. My kids are older than some of the kids I work with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

This - I have two years to the big 4 0! Seems like yesterday that I was 19, never mind 30! I think so much happens in your 30s that it just flies by - in less than a decade, we built a house, had two children, got married & then had another baby for good measure 😋

Belated birthday wishes @Andrew93!

30-39 has been my fastest decade as well.

Got married, bought a house, 2 dogs, one baby and one on the way been a busy decade! The 40's is when we get to relax, yes?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am hoping that too. I went to college in 01 so we are a similar vintage. Ive only the 1 dog and two little ones, one not so very little.

I remember becoming a dad at 26, and the four years until 30 seemed like a decade. Then my 30's passed by in one year.

This place is really coming alive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Happy Christ mas to me - just found out the company I work for (new since Jan) give an extra week off at Christmas!!! We'll all finish up on the 15th December. I still can't believe it's real!

We got our email re: the work Christmas lunch, finishing up on Thursday 21st December this year. Great that we have a few days off before the festivities begin in earnest!

Thanks very much @CheerLouth @freshpopcorn @BK5 @tscul32 . Yes the 93 makes sense now, my 19 year old self was very creative when setting up my boards account 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jeez guys, I'm 38 and nothing mentioned above has happened for me yet and I still feel like the last 8 years have just gone by so fast :-( Still haven't my own house, no partner or kids.....ah well, what can ya do!

• Advertisement

Don’t worry about all that. Ive loads of friends in the same boat. Things will always fall in place in its own way.

And you have us as your partner and kids all wrapped up in one 😆

Advertisement