Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The supporters here deny reality, insist there's invisible people in seats, claim we've posted things we didn't, mention Andrew as defence of their argument while claiming we're all fans of his and his abhorrent behaviour.

Why, it's almost as if there's no other way to counter our posts. 🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The NYPD have stated that the car chase didn't happen. Some posters on here think they know better though. Utterly bizarre. Even h&m themselves dropped the claim when it became obvious it was a total fabrication

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Didnt the mayor deny there was any chase too? And the taxi driver I think? My memory is crap though I may be very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, but maybe the invisible people from Wimbledon were there in their invisible cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

This is what the NYPD said:

"On Tuesday evening, May 16, the NYPD assisted the private security team protecting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

“There were numerous photographers that made their transport challenging. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests in regard.”

Where does it say that the car chase didn't happen? Why are they saying that there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests for something that didn't happen. All they are saying is that they didn't make any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Compare and contrast - Harry's treatment of Hadnet Tesfai, the presenter at the Invictus Games finale, versus the Prince of Wales talking with Vaitea Cowan, partly about his Sunday morning jog in Central Park.

Hadnet seemingly replaced Meghan at the finale; Meghan wanted to "moderate" the end of Games event but was taken off the media schedule just before the Games started. By way of introduction to the Harry video, Hadnet was speaking to Anna-Sofia Puzanova (who is the daughter of a Ukrainian paramedic). Harry appeared and, well, you can see for yourself. Hadnet is completely blanked by Harry as they leave the stage. I'm not cynical enough to think that Meghan had warned him not to interact with the person who had "stolen" her role. Harry's speech to disabled veterans then starts with a complaint that a bench has been removed because he wants to sit down. I'd say there's a considerable number of vets who would like to be able to stand up unaided.

Prince William, polite, well dressed, treating the interviewer with respect and being generally engaged

It's amazing that Prince William didn't encounter a near-catastrophic chase in Central Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

A good example of how empty vessels make the most noise I think. William is in NY for an actual reason, doesn’t feel any compulsion to create attention seeking drama and as a result whatever media interest arises from his visit then their attention is completely focused on the reason he is there. Contrast this with his brothers recent NY visit where he was a plus one guest with his wife while she collected her bought award and delivered some word salad. Contrast this with William in NY to give out awards. After realizing that no one, beyond the Daily Mail always hungry for clicks and those vloggers/YouTubers with a vested interest in covering them, actually gives a shite, out it curiously came that they were in a near catastrophic high speed car chase. Then, and only then, did they get attention in the wider media purely because of the parallels with Diana. The difference between commanding attention as opposed to demanding it I suppose.

Post edited by valoren on

Well H&M's camp released a statement depicting a relentless pursuit that lasted for more than 2 hours and that there were multiple near-miss collisions. The NYPD in an attempt to clarify the facts, released their own statement. Thats why, that simple.

Also its pretty clear that H&M may have been followed by some paparazzi but there was no high-speed chase or near-catastrophic outcomes. Accoridng to the article linked below, H&M's statement made claims that: "... the chase involved half a dozen cars, with reckless driving including going through red lights, driving on the pavement, carrying out blocking moves, and reversing down a one-way street - as well as taking photographs while driving."

That is from the BBC article before you ask: Prince Harry and Meghan say New York City car chase was relentless - BBC News

You are suggesting that the vehicles (actively engaged in a pursuit) breaking red lights, blocking other vehicles and driving on the sidewalks were not dealt with by the police that were present?

They then later said that the claims didn't warrant further investigation. Do you really think they would say that if there was a high speed 2 hr near catastrophic car chase around the streets of New York? Also, the statement you posted confirms nothing about any chase. It was all posted on here at the time, you can read back for the links.

Hmmm, oddly, the Harry video I posted has subtly changed - a few seconds in, where there's now a jump, what he said was, "Thank you, Anna." No word of thanks to Hadnet. He then says, "where's bench gone? Who took that away? I wanted (or maybe "needed) to sit down. Hence my comment about disabled vets.

Edited to include new video

I think I've found it here, starts at 2:59:40

• Advertisement

It's amazing what you can do when you don't call the paparazzi on yourself

Just stick to the statements that were made. Your friend ceadaoin claimed above that: ''The NYPD have stated that the car chase didn't happen''.

That is a false statement.

Give it up. No one believes it happened. Not the mayor. Not the NYPD. Maybe Gayle king, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

But JM says that it happened so it must be true 😉

You have still made a false statement about what the NYPD's statement said.

Belief isn't a statement of fact.

Certainly seems that William can draw the crowds in New York unlike Harry and Meghan, who gave it all up for a hertz car rental office and a paid for award. Heads will be exploding with rage

The Spectator. 😂

How about something from a reputatable paper like the New York Times? https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/19/style/paparazzi-meghan-harrys-car-chase.html

AP identified the driver as Sukhcharn Singh, who recognized the prince and the former actor, and said that paparazzi “were following us the whole time.”

“They had this look on their faces,” Singh told AP. “All of a sudden paparazzi came out and started taking pictures.” He told “Talk TV” that he was involved for about 10 minutes of the alleged two-hour ordeal.

And no chase took place - they don't seem to think the same in The New York Times.

The car chase occurred the same day a lawyer for Harry argued in a London court that he should be able to challenge a government decision denying him the right to pay police for his own security in the U.K., the AP reported. Harry has argued his safety was “compromised due to the absence of police protection” during a short visit to the U.K. in July 2021 when his car was chased by photographers as he left a charity event.

Not just me, The New York Times as well. In fact, any paper that isn't owned by Murdock seems to think it happened.

Read the article in the New York Times. That actually explains the background as to why the paps are so 'competitive' to get photos. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/19/style/paparazzi-meghan-harrys-car-chase.html

• Advertisement

What difference does that make? Its not some kind of gotchya. How is it relevant to my post?

You are just trying to deflect. Again. Oh what a surprise.

Fine, whatever. Here we go on the merry around again. I can fix ceadaoin's statement with a few words if its so important to you: "The NYPD have stated that a high speed, near catastrophic car chase didn't happen". There, happy now?

Given the facts available to us at this moment, the car chase as described by H&M's side did not take place. It simply didn't happen. There are no videos, photographs, witnesses, police statements, arrests, damages or injuries to back up the H&M story.

Does the New York Times have any evidence the highly dangerous chase took place as described by H&M? If not, what makes the New York Times more trustworthy than the NYPD and the mayor of New York? Is it all some grand conspiracy? What reason would the city of New York have for covering this up?

Actually, I'd say the NYPD would want to protect the reputation for New York City (as would the Mayor) by brushing it all under the carpet.

As for the Mayor, this is what he said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2C_iGeomIQ

Among the things he said was that ''he would find it hard to believe that a 2 hour high speed car chase too place, but even if it was for 10 minutes, it was reckless and dangerous.''

Now give me a link where a spokesperson for H&M said that it was a ''2 hour high speed car chase.''

Talking of the Mayor of New York, it seems he cancelled a meeting with William today in New York.

Representatives for Adams did not immediately respond to a request for comment about why Adams’ appearance with Prince William was so quickly scheduled and then canceled. Maybe it’s no great loss; if we had to pick one royal to watch Adams pal around with, it’d be Prince Harry.

You won't see that in the Daily Mail or the Spectator I bet! Imagine, William being fobbed off to the the NY Fire Department.

To protect NY's reputation...lol. K.

You are trying to pick holes in wording, he said,she said and coming up with the most inane excuses for things. Show me a shred of proof that the near-catastrophic chase took place.

Replace the car chase in this argument with say Santa Claus. You would still be spouting the same tired arguments about official statement wording and semantics. By digging in so deep on something so...implausible all you do is turn people against you.

There is no proof the chase happened as they said it did. It happened in one of the world's major city where everyone and their dog have a video-capable phone, where most of the buildings have CCTV and the whole story is that media were chasing H&M for photos. Not one of the pursuers took some photos of the alleged dangerous chase in order to get a scoop?

If there were the smallest bit of proof this whole topic of the chase would not be up for debate. We would all be disgusted and alarmed by the paparazzi behaviour. But there isn't, in this case, taken with the official police/mayor statements the absence of proof (given the facts about NYC I mentioned above) is pretty damning.

To draw some parallels with the ongoing UAP whistleblower situation. David Grush is basically saying "trust me brah, UAPs are real and we (the US govnt) got em". Many people want to believe him, many people don't. All people can do is debate his claims as there is no solid proof to back his story up. Well maybe this is a bad example, there is more evidence to back up his claims (the US navy footage of UAPs etc) than H&M's claim that the chase happened like they said it did.

Think about that, there is more evidence of UFOs being real than there is that H&M are telling the truth about a car chase.

Post edited by superflyninja on

The tell tale signs of clickbait are in the very article you posted.

Mayor Eric Adams quickly scheduled – and then 30 minutes later canceled – an appearance with Prince William Tuesday afternoon

The visit to the Ten House Station would have been arranged long ago. So what about Mayor Adams' last minute Lanigan's Ball tribute act? Probably political opportunism, until he became everso busy castigating President Biden for not meeting him about migrants, whilst simultaneously escalating the war on rats in the five boroughs.

And I doubt that the report's phrase, "if we had to pick one royal to watch Adams pal around with, it’d be Prince Harry" is a compliment; it more likely a comment on the non-event "near-catastrophic" car chase farrago.

Yeah, it's not in the daily mail or spectator, or any other reliable news source. The only place reporting it is "city and state NY". Anyway, he wasn't "fobbed off" to FDNY, that was always the plan, Adams was meant to meet him there and didn't.

Also, I think Adams has more important things to worry about when it comes to "protecting the reputation of new york" than a non existent car chase - a serious migrant crisis about which which he is currently embroiled in a spat with Biden, for one

https://x.com/paulamatanovich/status/1704643647851921746?s=20..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In the absence of any real news you can see the tabloid and minor online so called news sites dish up non-stories to fill their news templates- and I see even people here are going back over yesterdays news stories to keep the thread going whilst they await fresh “meat” 🤪

a quick google of Prince Harry brings up a story on how the heirs photo was “the last straw” for Harry 😀

how he should have invited the king to the invictus games

and how he’d like to have a relationship again with his paw and bro

Probably good that H&M are keeping a lower profile- less is more with them- if they want to build a brand, slow steady pace is best as their scattergun approach of the past failed miserably, and looked especially like an obvious “effort”

Post edited by Oscar_Madison on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Jan Moir is longing for times past😀

But getting back on topic, If the irrelevancy and blandness of the Royals is an issue, could H&M actually develop a niche for themselves?

They’re not constrained by palace goons or indeed the government of the day- they can say pretty much what they like. The problem with H&M is, they’ve absolutely nothing to say that anyone is remotely interested in hearing.

Leaving Meaghan aside, who appears to be happy if she reaches the front pages of a supermarket magazine, Harry has an opportunity to really stir the sh1t in Africa (which he apparently loves) and highlight all sorts of hypocrisy and exploitation and poverty etc- it would have to be genuine though and that’s the thing- it wouldn’t be- it would be a carefully crafted exercise in brand management - at least that’s what it would look like in the early days- he needs to devote a number of years to the issues there and to speak intelligently- if he does that, he’ll definitely achieve some acclaim - but I won’t hold my breath

https://archive.ph/2023.09.23-174252/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-harry-meghan-king-charles-royal-family-row-xq0rfxnq5...

• Advertisement

Well, Charles could remove him from the Counsellor of State role, that would be simplest. Then the Harry formerly known as Prince would be able to start work properly on his financial independence. Anyway, I can imagine William’s (and Catherine’s) response to Harry - I note that Meghan isn’t involved - having an apartment in Kensington Palace. Harry’s friend could pass this message back to Montecito.

Incidentally, I’m reading “Royal Feud”, the story about Wallis Simpson and Queen Elizabeth (who became “the Queen Mother”). Looks like the royal women are the ones who deal conclusively with family problems.

Edit. Just found this, which kinda simplifies it even more. Source; part of the Lord Privy Seal’s speech to the House of Lords

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2022-11-21/debates/665EEACF-684A-4049-8F09-EB624DF8980C/CounsellorsOfStateBill(HL)

The Royal Household has confirmed that, in practice, working members—I repeat that—of the Royal Family will be called upon to act as Counsellors of State, and that diaries will be arranged to make this practicable

Post edited by Karppi on

Advertisement