Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No debuts or surprises.

I guess keeping it for WrestleDream.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully its nothing serious and just a tweak or something

Mox diagnosed with a concussion is being reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking for Rey, imagine the difference in knowing you're going to win and winning unexpectedly. Confusion and happiness. Though he also seems the type that one of his first thoughts would be why did he win and is Mox okay.

Hope they let him run with it for a while now and aren't just going to give it to the next guy on the list or back to OC. Seemed Mox made the call anyway since the ref stopped counting and Mox said something. I'd also say he decided Rey would be okay to take it and it's not like he was losing to a jobber, since other times the champ would be the one to finish things quickly. Commentary said he walked out by himself anyway. Hopefully he's okay and, as said, takes a break for a while.

The camera work can be annoying, especially when anyone can see what's about to happen. Anyone but the director it seems. Like we saw Toni had the shoe and was going to attack Saraya with it but instead they focussed on Ruby outside and missed it.

Joe being accompanied by security but he doesn't shove one? I know we all know what happened with them, but constantly referring to an incident when they can't use any footage of it seems a bad idea. "You want to know what happened, check out or competitor".

I know it's more aimed at smarks but seems AEW frequently brings up history outside of the company or just personal stuff. Like how many feuds have been based around that? Imagine if all WWE feuds were like that. If WWE does the personal angles, it seems to only be with the longer term guys. Of course, I guess AEW doesn't have enough history itself to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Roddy Strong hospital segment was absolutely brilliant

The Kingdom with the prayer beads

Neck Health Awareness

Roddy asking where Adam is because he didn't have his eyes up

The noisy bed

Tazz saying that's a rough bed

Damn that was so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What was Rick Knox at? Seen online something similar happened when he was reffing a Dark Order match and Reynolds got knocked out.

I suppose he didn't want to be blamed for making the call, especially in a title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Refs should treat the counts as completely shoot. It avoids any awkwardness like that last night.

Treat it like a shoot and it still looks "real" even if the wrestler makes a mistake timing it.

If the wrestler is knocked loopy then the match ends early and they get looked after.

Both better outcomes than the ref being like; "Oh...ah....shoulder was up, I think."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Excalibur's call on why it wasn't a pin was hilarious. "I think Moxley slightly tremored to break the the count."

Just thinking how amazing the Eddie Kingston story actually is and he finished his story nearly 20 years in the making last night becoming ROH World Champion

Selling his boots and ring gear at the start of the pandemic to pay his mortgage and ready to give up on wrestling completely.

Then Cody does the open challenge and Kingston grabs it with both hands.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thoughts on Ziggler and AEW ?

Id like him to go to NJPW first.

But he will more than likely debut on the PPV that is reportedly being planned for December 29th

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Of the crop released so far I'd say himself and Ali the most likely to garner interest.

To be blunt, AEW could probably make a few cuts as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Nemith & Nemith for yet another "who's the best brother team in AEW" :P

Really enjoyed Grand Slam. So happy for Eddie and I really enjoyed the match. Jericho and Sammy was good and Joe and MJF was fantastic.

Really looking forward to seeing where Toni Storm goes with this new character, she's really locked into something fun with it. Beware the shoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

I was going to criticise Cole for taking an unnecessary risk jumping off the ramp until I saw that was the only way to access the side of the ring.

Still a freak think that happened him but avoidable at the same time with a better ring set up.

I really hope they do a vignette with Cole in a hospital bed beside Strong.

Ankle Health vs. Neck Health.

• Advertisement

Apparently to avoid going past 12, AEW filmed one half of Rampage before Dynamite and the 2nd half as normal but didnt publicize it so plenty of people missed it

One thing I don't like with aew atm is having follow up matches so quickly the next night on collision. Like having willow vs julia tomorrow night on Collison similar to the Christian/Luchasarus/Darby after their match on rampage, give somethings time to breathe

Was thinking the same about the follow up. Like could they not wait a week to have the follow up to the Sammy/Jericho thing? I guess the rush was because it was a setup for Wrestle Dream.

Funnily enough, I remember before they used took a long time to do anything and now they rush through things.

And just to show how they have too many titles or that they should keep RoH separate, they had 2 Trios title matches on the one show. And now the RoH tag and Trios champions are AEW guys. Would think it's to get more people to watch RoH, but MJF and Cole haven't been on there once in the month since they won. Maybe it was all filmed in advance.

Was Santana always that big or maybe I just don't remember since it's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

FITE looking for €18 for Wrestledream...

Too many PPVs too close together.

I'd hope AEW would stay away from Riddle however I can see a few there who would have worked with him at Evolve & PWG speaking up for him to get him a tryout if he wants to stay in pro wrestling.

Ali and Ziggler are probably nailed on to end up in AEW however I'd love to see both of them head to Japan first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Stacked card for Collision tonight. Hopefully I stay awake..

Christian did it against all odds :)

Awesome Bruv Ospreay joins the Don Callis Family for WrestleDream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Christian is one of the very best things in AEW. He's a tremendous heel. Ospreay bruv, good addition.

• Advertisement

Glad to see Christian retained. Think he should borrow Cole Karter's "I ❤️ Hot Moms" T-Shirt when talking to Nick.

Looks like RVD lost some weight. Looked better than last time I saw him.

So who will CJ manage?

Aubrey was really distracting in that main event. Like it's a no DQ match, why was she always so close to the wrestlers. I know she has to talk to them occasionally but it was like she was always setting up to be knocked down, which I guess is also pointless in a no DQ match.

Advertisement