Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Another little thing I've noticed is that all external sounds seem to be coming from the exterior speaker now rather than the designated horn. Was this a change made to all cars at some point?

My late '21 model sounded far louder and less high pitched than this new version when it comes to the beep on auto locking and the rear boot external beep when pressing the auto close button?

Difficult to explain

Post edited by Am I Evil? on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

So I collected my car and there was damage to the passenger door (see pic) which I noticed on inspection of the car and the DA was unaware of. I brought it to his attention and he said he didn't know how it happened and was very sorry and assured it will be repaired. I felt like I had no other option but accept the repair. If you've been at Dublin collection point, you'll know it's a very small prefab room and there were lots of customers, I felt under pressure. Now that I'm home, I'm really disappointed and feel like a repair isn't good enough. I will need to take time off work to go drop the car, leave it for 3-4 days and take time off work again to collect it. I'm at home now feeling I should have done more at the time of collection. I'm really unhappy with it, and for something I've waited so long for this was a rubbish way to end the experience. I feel like I need to address this, and don't know where to start. I know I sound absolutely clueless, but I kind of am, this is the first time I've ever had a brand new car. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭allinthehead

That's such a let down for what should be a exciting event. You can return the car if you're not willing to accept a repair. Read through your t's and c's.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I have no advice. I wouldn't accept it. Absolutely unacceptable to be given a brand new car in that condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Hopefully this helps, they hand out hundreds of cars over a week or two from that location. During this time, the is a chance that one driver can damage another car when collecting theirs.

Tesla will fix it as you noted it upon delivery. Take lots of pics of everything inside and outside the car.

It's not the new car delivery you get in some garages true but your likely saving several grand but not buying the car there from another brand. This will get sorted, you will have many happy memories of the car as you drive it to come.

Or hand it back if you are that upset.

There was nothing more delivery staff could do for you there on the day. If the car was badly damaged, you could refuse pickup ofc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Is there anything else wrong with car - add some weight. I'd press for collection and replacement car drop off, and some gesture of goodwill i.e compensation - which is worth their time too as if you hand back a registered car they cant really sell it as new stock, so cheaper to engage with you!

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

Do not accept that. There is no way I would accept a new car like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

Nothing else wrong with the car except that I had to wipe down the seats and centre console as staff had left handprints there. That is obviously just a very small visual, but considering it's a collection of a new car you'd imagine Tesla would think that in itself is not acceptable. And yes, I agree with you that staff on the day couldn't do anything else for me in that moment but it was never suggested that I could not accept the car and I wasn't thinking straight.

It was too low on the car for it to have been done by another car, and it almost looks like yellow paint. Either way, I have reflected and I don't thinks it's acceptable. I have written to Tesla stating my position and hope an agreement can be made, and yes I'd expect at the least collection of my car and replacement while in repair.

Thanks for all input.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

First of the quarter end delivery discounts appearing now on 3 & Y - have my eye on these as another manufacturer is letting me down on delivery dates...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Back of the long queue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You can reject the car at collection time or within an X amount of miles/time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Reminder referral codes are like fight club, no mention or reference to them outside of the thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058290089/tesla-referral-links-here-see-mod-note-post-1#latest

I shall now be warning myself 😉

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35155303

Tesla MODEL 3 RWD 8/2023

It's amazing how many almost new Tesla go up for sale. Maybe it's the same with all cars? I don't think it is?

people buying with no home charger? Or What's going on

😎

Another one

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35145657

Tesla Model 3

Is there some tax benefit or something going on ?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm pretty sure this house has been in another Model 3 sale add here earlier this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭traco

Definitely had an M3 for sale earlier this year and it also was pretty much new from what I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭3d4life

TSLA employee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Am considering going for a Model 3 Long Range rear wheel drive - however the trade in estimate I got from Tesla was pretty under market value. Is there any way to appeal/haggle on that aspect at all? Also, does anyone have any experience with how long it takes the process the trade-in, would I be able to get it all done by end of September to qualify for the €1,500 SEAI top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

No option for that with Tesla. Try a few of the car sale sites yourself for better quotes and see how you fare.

You could also try to sell privately but time might come against you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

If you are still in time, you can return it via the EU 14 day distance selling rules. Information is in your order agreement but to summarise, send an email to: EU-Customerhappiness[at]tesla.com

Include your name, address, RN, and also explicitly state that you want to return it and why.

Their agreement well charge you I think €0.55 per km driven (deducted from your refund) but since yours is damaged on arrival you could ask them to waive this.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I picked up a car with minor paint damage but didn't notice it on time. Nothing like yours though.

Best of luck with it!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you think you’ll get more, sell it privately. Second hand market in general is in ribbons.

Just catching up on this thread and genuinely sorry to hear about your delivery experience @SandyC20222. I hope you get sorted asap, wether it be refund or an immediate fix. I know it's mentioned above but if you've driven anything over 100km they'll charge you 55cent per KM but as said, you should demand they waive this.

I gotta say, standards at this delivery were rock bottom. When I collected in late '21 the car was absolutely spotless and the lads on hand were genuinely knowledgeable and sound. They even had some service centre staff there to fix any little issues.

This time was piss poor and my car along with many others were absolutely filthy, so filthy a couple of us had to ask them to take the cars away to get them washed before we'd inspect them.

How Tesla don't do a once over of the cars before a customer shows up is beyond me, embarrassing carryon. My car didn't even have a licence plate on it, so had to ask them to get that sorted too after the wash. Any issue I flagged was just met with "you can flag it on the app once you've accepted delivery"

Ask for a valet voucher too if the car is manky dirty. They should and do give 100quid refund on valet, if pre-approved.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redgosh

Hi,

So I am freaking out a little bit us my estimate delivery date was moved from Sep -Oct to Jan-Feb 2024! I have put other in the beginning of August. Did anyone else get same experience or this is “standard” with Tesla order?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ten8sixFour

M3 or MY?

I have a MY on order since the start of the Sept and my delivery forecast is still Sept/Oct ... although I appreciate that may slip as I don't even have a VIN yet and I understand that it takes ~4 weeks for the boat to make the trip from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redgosh

M3, standard one. Just in black. So guy actually called me last week and asked if I want silver one as this one is available immediately. I said “no thanks” and he said: “no problem, I’ll let you one when yours is ready”. And then today it was just changed to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ten8sixFour

I had the same call about a week ago but no change (yet) in est. delivery date.

That's interesting, all M3 RWD delivery is pushed to Q1 '24. Surely this is a sign of highlands arrival here!

• Advertisement

Spoke to someone in tesla who confirmed to me that the goal is for highland in Q1. I might return my long range before my 14 days are up 🤐

Advertisement