Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Ahsoka [Disney+]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

ep.6 🤯👏

spoiler tags ain't working!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoyed episode 6, Ray Stevenson was excellent again. The episode felt a bit over before it got going.

Thrawn is a very decent villain, it helps that he is played by a really excellent actor. Nightsisters sinister too. Small thing but I loved how scuffed up and dirty the stormtroopers uniforms were.

I could have done without the little rock people tbh (noti?), it all felt a bit errr puppety but I guess they were needed to move the story where they wanted. The howlers were excellent (my dog absolutely hated them!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Baylan and/or his apprentice to help the good guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Enjoyable episode, but I really feel Mikkelson was a poor choice. Thrawn in the books is consistently depicted as being a dedicated warrior, in fighting shape at all times. Mikkelson looks like an overweight Elon Musk cosplayer in blue paint. His hair looks terrible, like a character from a cheap kids show. Nit picky perhaps, but I found it very jarring.

I found his mannerisms didn't really convey Thrawn's detached and calculating persona. His decision at the end with respect to the other characters didn't fit with how he's been portrayed previously. He's not shown to be needlessly cruel and vindictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't find the last thing vindictive.

Vindictive would have wanted them dead and painfully so, but he was fine with them just being out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have to be honest, the reliance on having needed to have watched the cartoons has been a real drag on this show. They're making such little effort to accommodate those who haven't watched the cartoons.

Sabine could have stopped them from ever being able to find Thrawn, but decided to help them so she could find Ezra. She goes off on a planet in an entirely different galaxy to find him if he's even still alive, knowing she might be stranded there forever. She eventually finds him, after presumably 20 years or so, and their reaction is barely a step above "Ah there ya are, what's the craic?"

They showed basically zero emotion. Are they just friends? Were they in a relationship? Ezra is so important to her that she puts the entire galaxy at risk and they hug like cousins leaving a family wake.

Thrawn I can give some leeway to. He's not had a chance to show why he's so dangerous and important to the Empire. But for people who haven't watched the cartoons, the relationship between Sabine and Ezra makes so little sense that she would give Thrawn an opportunity to return just to have Ezra back. If they're just friends, Sabine is the biggest idiot in both galaxies. If they're more than that, that hasn't come across at all in the show and is being written and performed poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I started to watch Rebels once I saw all the references to Ezra in Ashoka. While I’m only on season 2, it has made Ashoka easier to watch as it helps to flesh out some of the background.

• Advertisement

His last decision is to give orders to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭midnightblue

Not having read the books, but saw Rebels, I thought Mikkelsen was an excellent choice. I think he's the only (or one of the few voice actors) on Rebels featured in this show. It was great to hear Thrawn's voice once again.

Kevin Kiner's work shines again in this episode, I enjoyed the theme used for Thrawn's entrance.

For me, he lacks the physical presence. Jason Isaacs or Mark Strong with be a better fit imo

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭midnightblue

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Definitely I think been hints all along that will happen

Yes which isn't vindictive.

He'd be as happy if they were off having a picnic and not interfering, he didn't need anyone dead or suffering for no reason.

That's the point I'm making. He's sending a squad to kill them, despite there being no obvious threat from Ezra or Sabine

Also, just to confirm, Ashoka takes place 5 years after The Return of the Jedi, and how long before The Force Awakens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

The Force Awakens is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi, so 25 years from Ahsoka to TFA.

Ezra's the entire reason he's trapped there, so there definitely is the potential for them to interfere not taking any action would be beyond stupid.

He even get's asked why he's not sending more troop to kill them, and says' he's them being stranded is acceptable and not wasting troop. He just doesn't want them to interfere with the return.

If he was vindictive he might send the star destroyer and do more than what'll amount to a delaying tactic.

• Advertisement

So not sure if anyone cares as it might just be an actor getting a fun role in star wars or it might be more to the role but the guard captain with he face mask is someone

It's amos from The Expanse

One of the Night sister mothers is also a big scifi name but that's more than likley just what it seems

Claudia Black from Stargate and Farscape.

I googled the guy in the mask, alright. recognised the voice.

why did he not bother looking for Ezra in the previous 9 years? Sabine finds him in about the guts of 2hrs on the back of a wolf !!

Yea, it's kinda nonsensical. If Ezra was a threat then kill him from orbit. If he's not a threat, why bother risking troops at all? Also, my bring the Chimaera down into the atmosphere in the first place. They have presumably still have shuttles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

6: Oh this getting to be so cool. Really liked the Dark Crystal vibe 🙂

Me last episode: Wouldn't it be nice if Filoni

did some wolves

Filoni this episode: How about I raise you with a

Wolf Horse

Fair. Very Fair 😀

He gave sabine Ezra's last sighting so he was keeping track.

Don't think there was anything to gain, he'd have lost troops and a dead Ezra wouldn't have been much different than a living one over those years. He'd also have only vague estimates of what resources could be put to his rescue, it could have been 50 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

OK I have never seen Rebels. Can someone who has explain to me why Ezra is so important and if he is why is both he and Thrawn stranded in this other Galaxy and if Thrawn has a Star Destroyer Why is he stranded?

How did the Star Destroyer get to this other Galaxy if even at hyperspace it would take a long time to get there?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

*space whales

just google a synopsis... there're loads online

a Disney Wolf horse and space whales spin off in the pipeline no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, whatever the event was that made Ezra & Thrawn disappear, I'm guessing was Ezra sacrificing himself to ensure Thrawn was defeated. And now Sabine is completely undoing his sacrifice by helping Thrawn return on the off-chance that Ezra might still be alive and she could find him.

Advertisement