Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin dail protests - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

Oh its the medias fault. Ah very good. Tbf, in the videos I saw they seemed to be a fairly articulate and unified bunch of people so it should be fairly easy for the media to tell us.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I love seeing all the people who fanned the flames of these knuckle-draggers over the last year either stay silent or row back on their sh*te.

Its all so predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You're not really paying attention are you?

I never said yesterdays events happened because of images of Lenin and hammers and sickles were displayed last Saturday.

The point was that there is a constant ramping up of stupid behaviour by seemingly every group that takes to the streets in protest.

Further to that I pointed out that it's not reasonable for supporters of one group of protestors to act in a civl manner when they don't do so themselves.

And let's be clear, just because the trans activists on Saturday weren't doing the same things the morons outside the Dail were doing yesterday doesn't excuse what they set out to do on Saturday which was not a counter protest at all, they sat out to drown out speakers who were saying things they disagreed with. The message being that people they disagree with are not allowed to express their opinions which is not a reasonable position. If a trans rights event had been planned and a group of people showed up drowning out what they were saying it wouldn't be tolerated.

You seem to feel that not allowing people an opportunity to speak is acceptable, not surprising in light of the fact that you feel you have a right to be rude to people you disagree with which is an utterly repugnant attitude and speaks volumes about your personality.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

A large percentage of them are on social welfare. It's mostly just old people who got sucked into the grift.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

This quote sums it up nicely:

O’Loughlin regularly posts fringe content to her social media channels, often claiming that there is a global conspiracy involving killing people and covering up their deaths to coerce people into taking “dangerous” vaccines for Covid-19.

She has also previously claimed that the earth is flat, and not round.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I wonder will Paul Murphy ever apologise for Jobstown.

His behaviour led to this rubbish in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I love Aisling. Ireland's answer to what would happen if Gwyneth Paltrow really lost the f*cking plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

"I never said yesterdays events happened because of images of Lenin and hammers and sickles were displayed last Saturday."

That's good. No, you didn't say but I was thinking maybe you believed it. Glad you don't.

"The point was that there is a constant ramping up of stupid behaviour by seemingly every group that takes to the streets in protest.

Further to that I pointed out that it's not reasonable for supporters of one group of protestors to act in a civl manner when they don't do so themselves."

The trans activists showed up to a counter protest. This is not stupid behaviour - it is standard street politics where groups counter protest other groups. It happens in democracies across the world.

"And let's be clear, just because the trans activists on Saturday weren't doing the same things the morons outside the Dail were doing yesterday doesn't excuse what they set out to do on Saturday which was not a counter protest at all, they sat out to drown out speakers who were saying things they disagreed with."

As I said, this is standard counter protest tactics. Maybe you don't agree with it and that is fair enough - but it is accepted practice around the world. If you do street politics, it comes with the territory.

"The message being that people they disagree with are not allowed to express their opinions which is not a reasonable position. If a trans rights event had been planned and a group of people showed up drowning out what they were saying it wouldn't be tolerated."

They are allowed to express their opinion and were not prevented from doing so. No attempt was made to physically stop them or prevent them from demonstrating or talking. Have you never been on a protest? This happens all the time on many different issues where there are street protests - immigration, abortion, gay rights, economic policy - both sides counter each other with protests all the time.

"You seem to feel that not allowing people an opportunity to speak is acceptable, not surprising in light of the fact that you feel you have a right to be rude to people you disagree with which is an utterly repugnant attitude and speaks volumes about your personality."

I'm rude to you because you seem to be zeroing in on trans people. I'll dial it down and I extend my apologies. Hope that suffices.

°°°°°

He was exonerated on that one and has never even accepted it was in any way wrong.

But you're not wrong, that really did kick start all of this type of disgusting behaviour in this country.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And perpetrated against an older female TD.

His lack of apology to this day speaks volumes about his personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭hymenelectra

You mean the government and profiteers that are gone quiet? Having been solely responsible for the multiple crises deepening by the day?

Or are you trying to blame some Internet meme rather than acknowledge reality?

Housing crisis: nothing to see.

Knuckledragging social welfare miscreants: shout it to the rooftops.

Now, that's predictable. And precisely why the pressure builds apace across society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm a bit miffed myself but was at work so couldn't do my bit to save Ireland from the black migrant trans menace!

But seriously as a middle of the road PAYE type I feel that my relationship with the state is very one sided and leading to utter apathy. Current politics is an a indistinguishable teal coloured mush of useless platitudes.

A far right is not on the rise, it's more like floatsam on the surface of a stagnant swamp.

🙈🙉🙊

°°°°°

Drowning people out so their voices cannot be heard is never acceptable.

If the trans lobby group wanted to have an event that opposed the other that's fine but trying to stop peoples voices from being heard is a concerning thing to find acceptable.

Your apology is accepted but there was no need to be so rude to begin with. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we shouldn't respect each other, that shouldn't have to be explained to you.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

A couldn't agree more.

Paul Murphy is an odious individual who has links to some unsavoury characters who he is happy to allow act reprehensibly on his and his associated organisations behalf.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Problem is they seemed to have multiple grievances, even judging from their own posters at the protest. They're convinced Dáil Éireann, NGOs and the MSM are working hand in hand in some nefarious plot that involves vaccines, lockdowns, refugees, LGBT rights, 5G, a cashless society etc.....they are all "traitors" in their book, working to oppress the Irish people by stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

Ironically they came to his door back in April. For better or for worse, you reap what you sow

https://twitter.com/paulmurphy_TD/status/1650572029874036770

What on Earth are you talking about?

I’m not talking about the housing crisis (and if you think the general attitude is ‘nothing to see here’ then you’re either lying through your teeth or you’re not paying any attention).

I’m talking about the fascist scumbags who brought gallows and effigies to threaten murder of democratically elected politicians.

Have you a problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

They're convinced Dáil Éireann, the MSM and NGOs are working hand in hand

This is observable. The state literally funds the NGO, the media gives the NGO a voice, so their desires are amplified on whatever issue that may be. Then the state comes along and claims there's a consensus, a wider need or want for something based on the NGOs amplification, then a policy is created based on the false consensus that's been created. I know it's a tactic to make observable things seem ludicrous, but it doesn't wash with many.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I've heard everything from LGBT rights to vaccines to refugees to hate speech bills to housing referenced. So nah, it's not the clearest. Searched Facebook to see if there was any mention of the reason for it and I'm none the wiser tbh....

Here's another reference which just goes back to racist conspiracy theories..

Also found this lovely shot of him being arrested a few months back...

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

And that was wrong too.

Paul Murphy has never been averse to that type of behaviour though, so you're right to point out the irony of that situation.

Glazers Out!

I'm talking about cause and effect.

Multiple crises years in the painstaking making, meeting the beginnings of consequence.

And the answer is to threaten murder on democratically elected politicians?

They are pond life scum and I couldn’t give a fiddlers if that upsets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,825 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yeah, and its seems from reading up on how it was organised it was wide open for any scumbag to turn up, join in and cause trouble at the expense of the legitimate protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They cant afford to be niche if they want any notable attendance hence the utter randomness of the whole thing.

It woulda been somewhat hilarious if a journalist tried to interview 3 of the dregs protesting as they probably would have all rambled about different tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

They would probably call the journalist “Fake News”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

Yes but if the journalist was from the MSM they'd scream abuse at them.

Malfunctioning engine under ever growing pressure explodes. How dare it explode, is that what you're trying to intimate?

Civility, elections, decorum. Under extreme duress, with zero sign of change, how long is the likes of decorum to be tolerated or expected?

Taking it to a logical extreme, if the housing crisis, to pick an easy one, alone was allowed bloom for the next 100 years until people are living in trees, is that the point where decorum ends?

Should it be given yet another 5 years?

What's the cutoff point for decorum during multiple crises?

In the utter absence of a single solitary sign of the crises being solved, yet every sign under the sun that they will grow, these are the questions to be asked.

If you think it's indefinite, you're dead wrong. And time, I predict, is going prove it to you rather quickly.

Your poor rationalisation of reality by cowering back to classism is no shield to hide behind.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Anyone with a modicum of sense knows the far right isn't on the rise but it doesn't stop the far left from trying to wish that situation into existence.

There should be fines in place for anyone displaying stupid things like swastikas or hammer and sickles or the faces of whatever dictators they feel the need to lionise.

We used to seem fairly immune to this type of extremism in Ireland but the last few years are seeing it creep in, thankfully still on a small scale and in reality that is all it will likely ever be, but even the small groups we have are capable of ruining things for the rest of us if they're not dealt with.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement