Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

I had a quick look around without doing much.

Stuff was kicking off on the street a bit more than I remember. A bit more lively.

The graphics look a bit better. Not sure if I'm imagining that, it's been a while.

If you're using an old save all of your perk points are reset and refunded, so you're probably better off just starting a new save.

I can see why people like it, but after about 10 hours I don't think it's for me.

It is very busy visually and chaotic, very much by design. Just not my aesthetic.

I wasn't crazy about it the first time. In fact, by the end I was just rushing through it to complete it, which is never a good sign.

I thought that the combat was good and the "dungeon" design was excellent, the story was cool although it was extremely linear, like I was surprised by how linear it was.

But the world just felt dead to me, especially once you stop actually pursuing quests and just wander around. The illusion of the city really melts away when you do that.

Plus the map was just a mess of icons, too much filler that really wasn't needed. There were enough quests to keep you busy, no need for all the NCPD stuff, etc.

Also I *really* hated the crafting and how you had to scrap every gun you find to get components. So boring.

But I'm willing to give 2.0 a shot and see if it really is finally the game they promised. I doubt it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Man, I loaded it up on the 4090 with the new settings. It looks like shite!

Worst ghosting I've ever seen in a game! :lol:

With all the RTX 4000 exclusive stuff turned off, it looks way better! What a con, lmao. Don't believe the hype

(or maybe it's just a bug they will fix later, who knows)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had posted something but just realised that you were talking about the 40 series add ons🤦

That does look pretty bad. Still, I'd imagine you can crank the settings without it with a 4090.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Yeah, the game looks and plays great without the path tracing and reconstruction stuff. But was a bit baffled at how hyped the new feature was when it has such unstable image quality in motion

They've apparently nerfed quickhacks a ton in this in an effort to make them more integrated into the overall combat flow it looks like. If you use a quick hack, it gets detected by the network that enemies are connected to. Personally I find that pretty interesting cause I found it a very passive approach before, but now you have to think about it a bit more perhaps cause of the risk of detection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I think it looks a lot better with the new features enabled tbh. Be warey of it switching DLSS mode back to auto (which I think ends up at balanced or performance) when you flip FrameGen on/off. I had to select Quality a few times to get it back and it does make a fair difference. Performance has improved since the last time I played after the Path Tracing update. I was getting about 40FPS DLSS2/60+ with FrameGen but now it's averaging 60/90.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

Do you have that issue when if you open and close the map the lightning takes a couple of seconds to resolve?

Yeah I was skeptical when people were claiming that this is going to be the Cyberpunk promised in that reveal years ago. That was never going to be the case, but sadly people have fallen for the hype once again.

I've said it before, CD Project just seem to get away with things that other companies don't. I didn't enjoy the Witcher and Cyberpunk was no different.

I'll play it more though in the hope that it gets better somehow. I doubt it though.

Now that's a bit unfair, path tracing and ray reconstruction are in their early stages, experimental technologies.

• Advertisement

I didn't notice last night but I only played about 30 mins, part on my old save for comparison and then the other on a new start so I wasn't map switching a lot by that point. I did notice a clear LoD line in some areas for reflections though, where tilting some things just out of view altered the reflections about 20 feet or so away. A little bit of cheating optimisation going on but tbf I was specifically looking at reflection behaviour while standing still and it didn't intrude during normal play. I'd say the map issue and other lighting pop-ins are from the same algorithm, hopefully they can tune it over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fired it up last night and while I didnt play much, I'm surprised at how resource heavy it is on my pc.

I've 5800x3d and a 6800xt and was struggling to pull higher than 65 fps at 1440p. switching to the upscaler only got me about 5fps more.

I'm a little hard pressed to see whats the reason for the struggle, the game looks nice enough, but its not really much above something like Dying Light 2. Id say that the recent modern warfare games actually look better (which I know, is not the same thing, given their linear nature)

RT, if you have it on, is very heavy, especially on AMD cards that are lacking behind in that area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As someone who got bored of the walls of text and cutscenes in starfield will i suffer the same fate with cyberpunk?

There are cutscenes and branching dialogues in this one too, but for the most part they don't feel like filler, they drive the story forward.

99% of the time, the top response moves the dialogue forward and the rest is completely pointless and doesn't change the outcome.

Your choices are basically:

1. Yes, let's do the thing

2. Not right now, but later

3. Additional point that has no impact on the outcome

4. Sometimes an option related to your origin story, again with no impact on the outcome

It's a linear story really. So pick the top option to skip the dialogue if you don't want to dive deeper into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started ng last night, only for the prolgueas Nomad but looked spectacular (on PS5). Haven't done enough to see the major changes yet but looking forward to a fresh playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

From what i heard you can just head over to the new place at any point (after ye do the first few missions to unlock the city itself) and start the new content

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Quick first impressions:

Loaded up my old end game save and tried a couple of minor gigs I had left over, just to see what a higher level character would play like. Re-spec'd my V with a few implants and the skills tree and messed around a bit without giving it much thought.

Seems to be Cyberware is the main part of the upgrades now, clothes don't seem to do much regarding stats so it doesn't matter what your character wears.

Then started a new game as a Nomad, my old game save was a Street Kid. Update seems fine, not noticing anything huge yet but looks like some of the game systems and menus are improved and streamlined a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers, I couldn't be arsed starting over again as much as I loved the game and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw on the notes that the economy has been sufficiently changed but i can't find specifics. Anyone notice if audiences, cars, weapons etc are cheaper or more expensive?

Started a new game this evening. I'm still in the opening which goes on forever it seems. They really try to push you through that first act. Did they indicate that they would change this in 2.0? I don't like it when an open world game forces you down a tunnel. I mean it's ok for a tutorial but after that they should let you get out there.

Anyway, I've noticed a few UI changes and stuff, all of it has been an improvement so far. It looks like they've cut a lot of the faff out and just present the information a lot better.

Also thank God clothing is no longer tied to armor. Now my character doesn't have to look like a futuristic clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have a few hours into this, started new again but I wasn't very far the last time I tried. Still very early and going with the flow of the main missions for now, just to get back to where I was. Feel like I'm not levelling up as quick, but I know now what I'm doing when I do level up. The revamped skills was badly needed, I'm using the points now instead of getting sick of trying to see where I should use them and giving up. Otherwise plays more or less the same, but feels busier. Lot more pedestrians and traffic. Cops are relentless. I barely tipped a cop car and I ended up being hunted down by SAS looking lads. Bit much imo, and I was only trying to escape, didn't kill anyone. Haven't encountered Johnny yet, and he can't be improved so will see if I can stick with it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Started a new nomad save on this last year on 1.6 update and played for a few hours and gave up. Restarted it last night with 2.0 huge improvement to be fair.

Debating whether to import my endgame save as replaying the whole game seems a chore, the gameplay for me has been improved massively even the UI in the menus etc really was a good overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's still not perfect. I'm having quite a few instances of NPCs getting stuck. Especially if you park your car across a footpath, they'll do their best to go through it, successfully half way, but then warp back. Had about 9 of them at one point stuck. Of course, the second I moved the car I was wanted... most enemies land about a foot from the ground and write floating above it. Vehicle collisions are picky about how the car reacts. The driving is... present. The loot is borderlands level and management is better but still messy.

But im still enjoying it. The combat, when it happens if you're following the main quests, is enjoyable but the enemy AI is middling. There's so many systems it can get overwhelming at times, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I feel like it should have a build saver, so you can quickly swap between whatever build that mission requires, and having to visit the ripperdoc every time is a bit of a pain too. But I'm gonna stick with it for the foreseeable anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I played and finished it back when it was released. Loved it even with the issues. Cant get my save sync at all so just started phantom liberty...6 hours in and its savage! Sorry now I didnt wait play story! looks and plays much better today.

I restarted also, after one full playthrough about 6 months after release and another (abandoned now) around 2/3 earlier this year. The whole experience is much cleaner and I like the changes they've made to the levelling experience, both the skills/abilities and the rates at which they're acquired along with gear upgrading being a much slower path now but that also makes it more meaningful imho. I got to start Phantom Liberty proper last night (you need to reach a significant level of original story completion for it to trigger) and am about an hour in. So far it's been great, a crazy action packed run with a really good balance between scripted and open tactics events. I liked it on my first play after giving it time for the core bugs to be settled and now with 2.0 + this pretty expansive DLC I think this game is finally where it can be considered one of the greats (not a GOAT but probably sitting at a good 8.5-9/10 for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally started it, and have played up until (hardly a spoiler), you first find out that you've got Silverhand on board from Vic Vector.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying it, even though its been more or less an on rails linear experience up to this point. Hopefully I'll get to spend more time on it over the weekend and I'll get a better feel for what Night City is all about, but for now, I'm happy enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have a sniper rifle and literally blows a fella's head with one shot 😅.

• Advertisement

I played a bit more of my new save. I have to say v2 still doesn't blow me away or anything. It's certainly an improvement as I described earlier, but yeah it's not the game they promised in that trailer a few years ago like some online are claiming. It's certainly not a No Man's Sky style turnaround. But they've got it into an improved state when compared to launch, so congratulations I guess.

It's a decent action adventure game. Nothing more. 7/10.

Advertisement