Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I was in a shop recently, a well known Irish chain and I approached 2 shop staff who were chatting. Waited politely. The dark haired wan just looked at me like I was dirt and goes yeah? At least the other assistant was nice.

TA, the thought of going back to work Friday after annual leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The 101 bus clapped out near Knock Cross this morning so instead of waiting at the side of the road for another almost certainly packed bus to come along I decide to order a cab into work. Just as I was getting into the cab I saw the bus pulling off again. The cab cost €60 also. Anyway I'll be pragmatic about it as there was a chance the bus would clap out again further along the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Archeron

Luckily, she was central in a line of about eight desks. There are privacy screen cubicle wall things, and everybody around her immediately rolled slightly back from their desks to look in that direction. I was at the end of the line so completely out of the accuse zone.

She had earphones in so im not sure she actually knows it happened.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

The **** clergy. They've alot to answer for.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just had the same problem. Walking around Santiago trying to find a bar I was in 4 years ago and maps told me it's on X street and appears to be on the right. I stepped inside and it's a totally different bar so I assumed it has changed hands and name. I decided to stay for a couple of delicious Spanish ciders anyway. It was a nice bar. Chilled out, relaxed.

I walked out the door and I noticed the bar I had been looking for across the street. So I went in. Now I'm in a **** table that's a thoroughfare for everyone coming in and there's a loud party next to me. I've a pint in a porterhouse Dublin glass and I'm swallowing it rapidly. Thanks google maps. 🖕

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That Ireland done away with the pub closing on Good Friday . The best piss up of the year is gone 😡

I can’t find the’ woke’ thread

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ahhh the good old paint party and barbecue days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

In m&s on tuesday and they have christmas cards already and we haven't even had halloween yet 😬😬

I don’t know that , but living on the border it was when everyone gathered in the local village . People that didn’t go to the pub often would make a day of it

Ah shite , I wanted to post that making ‘ Ulster Scots’ a ‘language’ was the most snivelling attempt at arse licking ever . It’s NOT a language , it’s English spelt phonetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People complained they couldn't go to a pub on good fri, omg we are so backward vs. we can go to a pub on GF and it's sucked all the subversiveness out of drinking on that particular day.

Exactly , in the pub with curtains drawn and outside lights off . Knock on the door and if you were known you’d be in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

When you have painters in and they paint the side of the press. Like why would you do that?? Very annoyed but there's nothing can be done now. I just need to get over it. Dopes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When you meet someone you haven't seen in years say my name but I can't remember theirs (they would be more friends/neighbours of one of my sisters but still)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I bought tinned tomatoes for a chilli . TA is they’re Spar own brand which have no pull ring for opening them

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When you go to a concert and they don't play your favourite song but play it every other night

I'll never forgive Garth Brooks for it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The way a certain client's press office *always* blows up on Friday afternoons. So much for my 4 o'clock finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Putting a duvet in a cover that has buttons at the end... getting to the last button and realising you started on the wrong buttonhole so they now have to be opened and started from the start again. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you find something you really want online but the postage is very high for one item. However you can buy a few more items for no additional postage cost.

So in order to get value for money, you look around and find three more things to buy and place an order for all four.

And then get an email from the seller saying "Sorry, one of those items is out of stock" - and it turns out to be the thing you really wanted - the first one, not one of the makeweight items.

tired today after some traveling over the last couple of days…

it was enquired of me what I’ll be doing this evening .. “endeavouring to be taking it easy” was my answer…

which I’ve managed to do until 6.15 pm when the same individual made another appearance to my phone to try and rope me into a get together, something that I couldn’t be arsed doing… 😵‍💫 they are not approving of my unwillingness but as always since I’ve known them, insistence and repetition is something that comes as easily to them as drinking water. If they don’t succeed they ‘ hound ‘…. That sort of psycho dedication in one way is to be admired…. But in another way is just weird, psycho and a bit obsessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you have a head cold, and it's just a head cold, but it just stays stuck, and it's not really bad enough to take sick leave. And then it's the weekend..and you still have the head cold, that you might have got rid of, if you'd taken sick leave and gone to bed. So, now, your sick on your own time. 😒

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell them that no means no in every field, not just sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,486 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I need a pair of casual shoes not very formal.

I've runners/dressy boots/Casual boots/etc.

I went shopping the other day to get them.

I came home with a pair of causal boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you were using boards.ie on a phone for years, and then you force yourself to use a laptop because you can't squint at a phone any longer ... and it's much easier to use there and you realise how much effort and time you wasted trying to read and input **** on a bloody mobile phone and then you realise how much effort and time you waste in general trying to read and input **** on a bloody mobile phone and how distracting it is and how much of your life it consumes.

I really, really need to ditch the phone most of the time. What's App is excellent on laptop too now, so that's my 2 social networks covered.

• Advertisement

My tablet which is about 5 years old, can no longer be updated as in its OS… which is a bit crap to say the very least, I’m reading the version of the tablet is no longer being supported to be updated by the manufacturer with the latest OS…Why are we buying such supposed well engineered hardware if they won’t allow software upgrades?  This tablet was around 750 euros…it when purchased was the latest and most up to date version of the tablet, out weeks.

my suspicion is because if you have a perfectly working and serviceable machine after 5 years which you are content with… you’ll keep being content with it, as I am, and they want you instead to give them more money…. 😡 Encouraging you to purchase a new tablet…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement