Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Ireland

Options
  • 23-06-2021 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

How can you speak to a human on Sky Ireland? Need an engineer to call out but can't seem to actually speak to anyone apart from automated recordings. Ahhh.
    Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Ring 1800927476

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

unichick wrote: »
    How can you speak to a human on Sky Ireland? Need an engineer to call out but can't seem to actually speak to anyone apart from automated recordings. Ahhh.

You go through the automated system saying TV fault, yes, no and a couple of other words. Then you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

If you’re not having any luck (which happens) go through the new customer options then ask them to transfer you.

If you’re not having any luck (which happens) go through the new customer options then ask them to transfer you.

While one may or may not care, that impacts the poor bastards manning the new customer line as they're targeted on conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Select Sales, then they'll answer you in about 0.00000018 seconds, then get their name, then ask to be transferred to customer care.

Calls are recorded for training purposes, make it work for you.

• Advertisement

While one may or may not care, that impacts the poor bastards manning the new customer line as they're targeted on conversion.

True, but maybe if they answered the support calls as quickly as the ‘make more money’ calls then it wouldn’t impact the paying customer.

Customer services are designed to make it harder to get support than it is to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Total joke of a organisation. Trying to get rid of them for 2 months, legalised scams is there trade mark. Beware of SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

I can't believe how bad the customer service is. They just keep referring to manuals. Our box is really old so trying to get it replaced and upgrade to Sky Q. Is this a good move or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I'd upgrade, but make absolutely sure you get a good deal.

If you just want the basic package don't pay more than€25 a month.

Tell them you have Netflix and plan to move to free to air satellite and saorview.

They'll try and ask if you like this show and that show, just say you watch very little and mainly watch Netflix.

Do not be enticed by their Netflix addition, it hooks you to them forever and there is no advantage whatsoever.

Five minutes and you will save €200

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Thanks you so much for your advice. I do actually have netflix and have been spending a lot of time watching it. Our signal has gone over the last couple of weeks. We have another box that we pay for also. I was thinking of getting Disney too for the kids. I could get this seperately too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Ask to be put on to the customer retention team because you are fed up trying to resolve the issue and want to leave Sky. Keep saying you want to leave and the retention team will get your issue resolved and give you a good discount for 12 months. I went through the ordeal with them last week and was put on the basic Sky Q package for €18.00 for 12 months with no contract to tie me in.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

True, but maybe if they answered the support calls as quickly as the ‘make more money’ calls then it wouldn’t impact the paying customer.

Customer services are designed to make it harder to get support than it is to sign up.

It's not that hard to navigate the call handling system. My 75 year old father in law can do it and so can I. It's not some lad on ****e money in the call centre's decision how resources are allocated and there are actually more service guys than sales. All that going through on the new sales line does is cause a loss to the lad you get through to, you end up in the same queue for service as anyone else.

As I say one may or may not care, just as one can be a Karen or not when dealing with customer service staff.

It's not that hard to navigate the call handling system. My 75 year old father in law can do it and so can I. It's not some lad on ****e money in the call centre's decision how resources are allocated and there are actually more service guys than sales. All that going through on the new sales line does is cause a loss to the lad you get through to, you end up in the same queue for service as anyone else.

As I say one may or may not care, just as one can be a Karen or not when dealing with customer service staff.

Wow, I take it you work in the Sky call centre then from your vitriol and aggression.

Nobody said they couldn’t navigate the call handling system, just that it’s geared up for quick answers for new customers and terrible for support calls.

If you’re happy to put up with terrible customer service then that’s on you, some of us have better things to do than hang on a phone for an age just to get something sorted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Hold on a second. The poster never said where they work. It seems to have come to the stage around here that the minute someone says something nice about any pay TV provider, they are immediately accused of working for them. No accusation of that nature should bandied about without evidence greater than simply a positive comment

Lest anyone throw the same accusation at me, I had my own negative experience recently, where I recently attempted to call Sky to cancel, only to realise that I had no phone number for them and the only number I could find online was a UK one. I used their web chat, which I wasn’t 100% satisfied with, but got a deal nonetheless. Like all companies they have a lot of people working from home at present and obviously that impacts on the call centre.

IVRs are frustrating, of that I have no doubt.

icdg wrote: »
    Hold on a second. The poster never said where they work. It seems to have come to the stage around here that the minute someone says something nice about any pay TV provider, they are immediately accused of working for them. No accusation of that nature should bandied about without evidence greater than simply a positive comment

Lest anyone throw the same accusation at me, I had my own negative experience recently, where I recently attempted to call Sky to cancel, only to realise that I had no phone number for them and the only number I could find online was a UK one. I used their web chat, which I wasn’t 100% satisfied with, but got a deal nonetheless. Like all companies they have a lot of people working from home at present and obviously that impacts on the call centre.

IVRs are frustrating, of that I have no doubt.

Hi,

If this is directed at my last post, please look at what I was responding too.

On both of my posts on this thread I’ve been attacked by the same poster, hence my comment that they must work for them to get so worked up and attack me twice.

That was all.

I tried to help the OP out and got attacked for my troubles.

Oh it much worse than working for Sky. I'm a civil servant. :pac:

I've been quite critical of Sky in the past, but in a previous life I was in customer facing roles. Im simply trying to point out it's not the lad in sales fault and the IVR is easy to navigate.

Punishing someone on not much more than minimum wage trying to make a few quid grinds my gears is all.

Apologies if you feel attacked or that I have been aggressive towards you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Oh it much worse than working for Sky. I'm a civil servant. :pac:

I've been quite critical of Sky in the past, but in a previous life I was in customer facing roles. Im simply trying to point out it's not the lad in sales fault and the IVR is easy to navigate.

Punishing someone on not much more than minimum wage trying to make a few quid grinds my fears is all.

Apologies if you feel attacked or that I have been aggressive towards you.

It is that lad's employer that is punishing him.
    No one is blaming the lad.
    The employer is the one with the power to change the situation ...... and they have little interest in doing so it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Anyone who uses that stupid primary school playground phrase "they must work for" loses credibility on the spot.

I've been accused of working for an post, Ulster Bank, and Siac colas because I make pertinent points that others disagree with and all of which were proven to be correct.

As for Sky, kill them with kindness.

Call early in the morning - including Saturdays.

Have the banter with them. Simply say that you watch very little, that you live Netflix, that the sky options are a "nice to have" and not a "must have".

Never tell them you have kids or any others in the house except a partner. You have busy lifestyle, and little spare time for TV.

Basically get it across that you don't really care whether you have it or not. Mention that the extensive ad breaks are very off putting - 15 min / hour v 7 min on rte.

Let them cancel it, thank them, wish them a nice day.

You'll get a call back within a week with at least 40% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So my SKY HD box is not working at all today. It did not record two programs I had set to record one seemingly clashed with what I do not know as nothing else was scheduled at the same time as it and the other failed. This is a disgrace. I am paying good money for this crap service. It better come back or I will be cancelling it.

Anyone else having the same problems with there Sky Box.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No not yet but if its not working when I get back you can be sure I will be.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads - especially to start a totally different conversation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement