Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Was at The National too and thought it was great.

The sound at the 3Arena has been brilliant the last few times I've been there. They must have done something to improve it over recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Some people think its a terrible venue and the sound is crap, Malahide is a better venue someone was saying this week. lol

Alot can depend on the sound engineer, a good one can make a huge difference getting the balance right ensuring that the bass isnt overpowering.

Its a great venue, we are lucky to have it, best venue in the British Isles in my opinion along with the Hydro in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,170 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought drums were too loud / relative to vocals during Soccer Mommy but generally 3 Arena sound has come on leaps and bounds...

The drums were setup very close to singer though.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Agree on The Hydro. That and the Birmingham Symphony Hall are both great venues.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Bass was lost in the mix as were the guitars on certain songs. New songs were very clear.

I don't think it was an amazing setlist, first night of their homecoming fest gig was like the perfect one for me.

Also not a fan that recently they've shortened about today and fake empire outros.

Matt was high energy and sounded good. Drummer is excellent.

6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

My pal Rachel went with a crew from Hot Press she used to work with. Said it was amazing, Couse very funny and read Endless Art from a book which worked. Crowd mad.

I’ve two freebies btw if you’ve any pals who want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah thanks, Seath. On my way now, probably won't get anyone at this stage. That's a shame. Yeah, will be a great night I'm sure, 'I want too much' start to finish plus another 50 minutes of the good stuff on top, by all accounts. A veritable celebration of middle aged Irish manhood. I'm giddy at the prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Enjoy. Very envious. A bad one to miss but I’ll live it vicariously through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Hotel Lux in Workmans Cellar, Thursday 30th November: https://singularartists.ie/show/hotel-lux/

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wrong thread.

Post edited by Stillill42 on

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭thebronze14

PJ Harvey was brilliant on Friday night...Was a fantastic gig

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭crl84

A band-authorised fan recording of The National's Dublin gig is available here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Maybe more dance than music....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2FM Live are bringing Jenny Greene and the RTÉ Concert Orchestra back to the Gleneagle INEC Arena for an electrifying one-night-only performance on Saturday December 9th.

This eagerly anticipated collaboration has been selling out venues across the country and will culminate in a spectacular year-end show at Ireland's largest venue outside of Dublin, the Gleneagle INEC Arena.

Joining Jenny Greene and the 48-piece RTÉ Concert Orchestra on this unforgettable night will be the exceptionally talented Killarney-born singer, Gemma Sugrue

Is Gavin DeGraw playing here in October or just UK?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Just the UK.

A FAIRYTALE OF THE POGUES

The Academy Green Room, Dublin

Fri 22 Dec 2023 

Tickets €25* on sale Friday at 10am

Tickets are on sale now for Chantelle Cameron and Katie Taylor's huge rematch at The 3Arena, Dublin on Saturday 25 November.

The 140lbs World Titles are on the line once again after Cameron retained her belts back in May to hand Taylor her first pro defeat on points.

A full supporting undercard will be announced shortly.

Tickets are priced: €80, €100, €140, €250, €500, €750 & €1000 VIP

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,802 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Crazy money. Rip off the Paddies.

2 minute rounds too.

Ireland 100: An Old Song Re-Sung will take place at the RDS in Dublin on October 7 and will be broadcast on RTÉ One, RTÉ Player and RTÉ Radio 1 on Monday, October 30.

Presented by RTÉ in association with Radio 1 radio show South Wind Blows, the live concert will mark 100 years of Irish culture in the Irish Free State – as part of the Decade of Centenaries Programme 2012-2023, supported by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.

The live concert will commemorate "in performance, song, music, dance, and spoken word, the hundred years from 1923 to 2023 through the lens of Irish culture".

Performers for the gig include Damien Dempsey, Tolü Makay, Colm Mac Con Iomaire and Síle Denvir with Bláth na hÓige and Liam Ó Maonlaí, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Loah, Martin Hayes, FeliSpeaks, Diarmaid Ferriter, Dermot Kennedy, Donal Lunny and his group Moving Hearts plus actor Aiden Gillen

Source Buzz / Daily Star

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

New Order were excellent last night in the 3 Arena. Great encore with Atmosphere, Transmission and Love Will Tear Us Apart. Other standouts for me were Your Silent Face, True Faith, and Blue Monday. Wonderful.

Sound and visuals brilliant. Real mix of ages at it too.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yes it was pretty good but the sound there isn’t the best, pity.

encore was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I thought New Order were phoning it in a bit. Sound wasn’t perfect too. Musically great though and they played Tutti Frutti unexpectedly, which is a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Sound was perfect from where I was and New Order were loving it. One of my favourite ever gigs. I can't stop singing regret today, even though they didn't play it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I was standing centre, near the front. It was loud but clear. I wear earplugs occasionally during concerts to protect my hearing, and even with them in it was clear. I take them out for the songs I really want the full effect on. Bernard Sumner is not the best singer ... think the concert flagged early but really took off about 1/2 way through. First time seeing them, and to me they have a lot of great singles and a lot of filler, but last night + the Joy Division songs made it a very memorable concert for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

An absolute mystery how after 15 years it still suffers from poor sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭hold my beer

It really doesn't. Sound is excellent in the Point.

In saying that there was no sound engineer in the booth at the start of Confidence Man and their mikes, were far, far too high

Advertisement