Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Try changing 'when abroad' to 'manual' -> 'international' in the 48 sim app. That worked for me the last time.

If it's still not working check the APN has the correct settings and selected (it can reset when you do the above).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MobileTester

Set up Sim to International in Apps menu (48 SIM) + set up APN with: 48months.liffeytelecom.com with MCC: 206 + MNC: 01

Your partner will get Movistar in 5G no problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We used to have to do this but I thought the whole point of the newer SIM card was to avoid this crap?

so on iOS it’s :

1. settings
    2. mobile service
    3. Sim applications
    4. when abroad

No option to edit APN in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have it most of the time down here at the bottom of the country, maybe with nearly a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

What's the apps menu ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's either the screen where you see the icons of all the apps you've installed, or, in Settings, go to Apps and Notifications, then select All Apps (or equivalent, it depends on the type of phone you're using).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Anyone else having issues with tethering? Over the past week, the phone has strong internet, but the laptop recognises the phone can't seem to get the signal, stuck on 'connecting'. It's a 2017 3g phone. Do i need to get a new sim?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's been crawling for me, too, for the past month or so. It stopped working properly overnight, one day it was fine, the next it was channelling a dodo.

Edit: Sorry, I meant on the phone, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think some providers are phasing out 3G. Maybe Three are?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I'm having problems in the afternoon on the android box tethered

Very noticeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

This might have been asked already but does anyone know how to set up the hotspot on an iPhone? I don’t see the option anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

if hotspot is not in the menu. Go to mobile data, mobile data network, and at the bottom put the 48 apn in - 48months.liffeytelecom.com - Username is Username - into personal hotspot option.

When you go back to the menu you should see hotspot for selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Anyone finding their download speed has dropped dramatically? Used to get over 100Mbps but getting 2Mbps with full 4G coverage. Upload is surprisingly still over 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Same here. Seems alright during the day Still way down, but hits rock bottom in the evenings. Even updating a few apps takes forever.

I have noticed it stopped logging to 5G for about last 2 weeks. Now it only works on 4G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've found a few times the 4g just not connecting right around Oranmore, I go into phone settings stipulate to use 2/3g only and the pages start loading fine again. If 3 start following Vodafone's lead of turning off 3g we could be in trouble.

I'm so happy with my €7.99 sim. Just wanted to say that 😉

I get the same issue.

Then I am switching to offline/flight mode for a couple of seconds and 4G comes back then

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Has anyone got a simcard delivered recently and can tell me how long it took. Had my phone and wallet stolen abroad and cant get anything sorted without a phone for 2 factor authentication. Ordered Saturday morning, so not holding out hope for a quick delivery. Web chat can’t tell me anything past 5-7 working days

• Advertisement

About a week. You'll get an email saying 'its on its way' first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I had to get a Three SIM to cover me for hotspotting while I’m waiting for new broadband to be installed and I noticed the 4G speeds on Three are consistently over double that of 48. Have Three started throttling 48 users?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭rhinosaurious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

3 days for me-ordered on a Sat,arrived on Wed-this month.Did not get an email about it.

Is 48 down at the moment?

I've no phone or internet this morning?

I posted this on another thread, hoping this will get more "footfall".

I've just topped up my €7.99 plan while being connected to wi-fi, not the phone data. My home data allowance was showing as 100GB, but the roaming data allowance is showing only as 9.51 GB instead of 10GB. Any ideas? (The chat function on their website isn't working for me st the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Reply from other thread:

Might be the difference between 1 Gig being counted as 1,000,000,000 or 1,073,741,824.

The latter is more correct, but the former has become common.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭gipi

Any idea how long 48 take to send out a SIM card for a new customer?

Buddy ordered one at least 10 days ago, and apart from the initial email confirming the order, he's heard nothing since.

Thanks

Advertisement