Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Or maybe there aren't aliens and lights in the sky are just things that people have mistaken for aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭maninasia

99.999% of the time most likely. But some reports are very solid. Google Coyne UFO youtube for an example.

100% of the time when some one tells you to google something in place of their own thoughts, there's not much behind it.

This is even more the case when they tell you to look it up on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Uhu. You know, I'm no conspiracy theorist, I only believe in what i can prove today. There is a **** storm coming and the truth about all this BS is coming out. I can state this with 100% confidence, hence why I discussed God. He controls time, all scams always and I mean always, fail.

There is the worst imaginable scam currently playing out, and we're at the tail end of it. It connects to prophecies in the Bible. It's pure BS, as is Jesus and everything religion represents, and unfortunately this does not bode well for those who are proponents of suppression. They are effectively anti-christs who are and were (and I say are, because many are now deceased and their homes up for sale on the market) part of a mind control paedo ring.

What is disturbing to me about many posters posts, is that there is no interest whatsoever, in accepting this could all be true. Again, I am not coming from the position of someone who knows nothing. As someone who has been through a terrible ordeal, I can tell you with absolute certainty these things are real, and there is a lot going on above our skies presently. You'll come to realise who I am when you get your evidence. Good luck to you all moving forward. Positive vibrations in our aura are the future. Negative vibrations will be history one day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

And theorists wonder why nobody takes them seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Oh yeah and the millions of reports of alien abductions and close encounters that, by remarkable coincidence, dried up when we all started carrying smartphones with high definition cameras

And the part where these craft seem to crash. Makes it across the insane distance and difficulty of interstellar space, but can't stop themselves crashing in Area 51 or some redneck's field.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

With such a negative mindset there's no point discussing this with you. It doesn't matter to me either way. This post is for others to learn something.

Coyne UFO Report. Go argue with Lt Col Coyne, USAF Helicopter pilot, the five passengers on the helicopter and the family that saw it happening from the ground.

'The object that I viewed that evening had a high degree of technology, was composed of a design and structure that we do not have. The object could move through the atmosphere without causing any turbulence. Moving at high speeds below 10,000 feet, there were no vertical or horizontal stabilisers, wings or flaps on the craft. Looks like it could fly in space'.

https://youtu.be/6cgeAklr2VM?si=36liAbbpiVyYPSr-

Again, I speak from experience. People just blurting "google it" are doing so because they cannot actually defend or articulate their own position very well.

There's been plenty of people who have claimed similar stuff about ufo encounters that you would dismiss as false.

Also, I find it a bit odd that you're presenting this as a definitive proof of an alien encounter, yet it wasn't at all brought up during any of the government hearings or reports. But then, Gruash did bring up obviously false and embarrassing ones like the 30's Italian affair.

Did you even bother looking at the video lol..I don't think you had time to even view it before posting that.

Nope. As I said, people substituting "Google it" for an actual point don't have much behind it.

I don't bother watching hours long youtube documentaries from cranks when the people link dumping them aren't bothered to actually articulate an argument themselves.

From your description though, there's nothing at all convincing about this case any more than any of the other examples that are touted as proof.

• Advertisement

Thought so.

I even posted the link, described the content and the witnesses of this very famous historical UfO encounter with multiple witnesses (USAF helicopter pilot and crew, others) and physical effects. I'm glad other folks on here will get a chance to view it and learn about it.

Nothing more can be done for the closed minded. You are just interested in shoving your uninformed opinions on others.

Yes. It's one of many such other incidents that you'd dismiss out of hand because they don't fit your prefered narrative about UFOs.

I'm not closed minded at all. I just don't get convinced by people demanding I google something in place of having a convincing argument.

And likewise, people are also getting the chance to see how UFO believers have to keep avoiding points and questions to maintain their closed minded view that the explanation must be aliens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That doesn't prove anything regarding "aliens". All that shows is "something odd happened that the pilot couldn't explain".

Why ignore the far, far more likely explanations of "sensors were playing up", "pilot had been drinking", "weather balloon", "flock of birds" or "they just made it up"?

Or any of a multitude of far more likely other earth based explanations, you have instead jumped to the far extreme opposite end of the explanation spectrum for which there has never been any case of previously, and there is no evidence ever shown as to the existence of aliens visiting us just for the purpose of crashing their ships or buzzing some yokels in a corn field in the back waters of the USA.

Something odd may well have happened to that pilot, why jump to the extreme explanation?

That doesn't prove anything regarding "aliens". All that shows is "something odd happened that the pilot couldn't explain"

The pilot saw it, 5 passengers saw it, and family of witnesses on the ground saw two craft independently matching the description given from the helicopter. I didn't state that I 100% believe it was 'aliens'. Don't put words in my mouth. All I did was quote the pilot exactly in his own words. I wasn't there.

Why ignore the far, far more likely explanations of "sensors were playing up", "pilot had been drinking", "weather balloon", "flock of birds" or "they just made it up"?

Sensors playing up, maybe , that can happen sure. Birds don't look like solid craft shining lights out of them. No evidence anybody had been drinking, the objects were observed by at least 5-7 people. They were real objects observed at close proximity. Birds don't shoot out lights, now you are being ridiculous. Did you even look into the reports of this case?

Or any of a multitude of far more likely other earth based explanations, you have instead jumped to the far extreme opposite end of the explanation spectrum for which there has never been any case of previously, and there is no evidence ever shown as to the existence of aliens visiting us just for the purpose of crashing their ships or buzzing some yokels in a corn field in the back waters of the USA.

Something odd may well have happened to that pilot, why jump to the extreme explanation?

If we are to take the multiple witnesses at face value they couldn't come up with any earth based explanation, as I quoted the description of the object from the person best placed to see the object in the first place. These weren't 'yokels' in a corn field but trained pilots in the USAF on a routine flight. They just reported what they saw, that's exactly what Coyne said, that's his duty to report no matter if people like you accuse him of drinking or making up stories. He did his job. You just don't agree that he could have seen what he describes he saw up close. Yet there were a family of witnesses who saw it all happen from ground.

And AGAIN...there were MULTIPLE witnesses of this anomalous phenomena.

Birds me hole.

But the senate hearings were told under oath that any military pilots who report UFOs or similar are harassed and silenced.

And also weird that this apparently undeniable case wasn't provided as an example at those hearings...

Or it could be a case of something very minor happening, that is then embellished over the course of years through various retellings, faulty memories, mistakes and misconstruing. And that's before UFO grifters get their hands on the story and start twisting it and even just making **** up about it.

Every single time a case like this is looked into without the agenda to sell it as a UFO encounter, it always ends up being something like the above.

Believers just never actually dig into it beyond youtube.

But I guess since that's all impossible, we have to conclude that the only rational explanation is that some aliens traveled lightyears across the gulf of space, flew down into Earth's atmosphere, snuck up on some helicopter (again, not too sneaky though. Still can't turn off those running lights.) then harassed the helicopter with their tractor beam and let it get away and abducted no one. And they did all this all in a sparsely populated area cause they were only kinda concerned about being seen I guess. Then left without covering their tracks at all.

The Coyne case is from 1973 . You'd know if you actually checked it.

Yes. Not sure how that addresses my point Or how it connects at all. Gruash from the senate hearing brought up a case from the 30s.

They were discussing all of the best cases for UFO encounters. The best they presented amounted to lights in the sky and dots on cameras.

Yet they don't at all mention this Coyne case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, just provided a quick summary of some far more likely explanations for "alien" encounters.

You make a leap from mundane earth based explanations, ignore every potential actually likely scenario or ones that have been used to explain previous sightings, and land on the most extreme explanation of "aliens" without a shred of evidence for that.

"Don't know what it was yet" is a perfectly valid explanation for these things, no need to leap to "aliens".

I didn't say it was aliens wtf are you on about ?

I didn't make any leap of anything.

Stop putting words in otber peoples mouth.

It certainly was NOT any stupid mundane explanation sucb as birds, all the witnesses (7 from ground and air) who were part of the incident were completely mystified as to what it was but they knew for sure it was something far beyond the normal experience. A real silent aerial object , blocking the stars behind it, with no visible wings , emitting light at close proximity . Birds...cop on to yourself. :)

• Advertisement

So then if it can't be aliens, and it can't be mundane explanations, that doesn't leave many other options it could be then.

Also, it's very funny that you complain about people putting words in your mouth, but then proceed to actually do that. Robin isn't arguing that it was birds.

Wrong.

He said birds were a more likely explanation. HTF could it be birds lol. How did 7 witnesses on the ground and in the air 'make it up'?

Read it again. Maybe some people here were drinking too much if they thought the explanation was 'birds ' eh.

Misrepresentation I'm afraid.

I'm unsure if this is because you are deliberately misrepresenting things, or because you don't understand what a representative argument is.

It could be any number of mundane explanations such as "a flock of birds" or "the pilot being drunk." Or any of the suggestions I made that you did not address or acknowledge.

It's much easier to pretend that people are arguing it's birds though...

He literally said it could be a flock of birds.

They made it up.

They were drunk and hallucinated.

Att least 7 witnesses in the air , (20 years flying experience between them) and from the ground, independently witnessed, were all suddenly drunk, making things up, seeing birds that looked like solid fast moving metallic objects emitting light in close proximity to the helicopter.

'Birdddssss' 'Made it up', 'Drunks'.

Surrrrrrrrrre, have another drink on me.

Yissir embarrassing yerselves at this stage. No homes to go to?

I didn't say it was aliens wtf are you on about ?

I didn't make any leap of anything.

Stop putting words in otber peoples mouth.

It certainly was NOT any stupid mundane explanation...

So it's not "aliens", but it's also not something mundane. So what is it that you are claiming it is?

I've made no claims as to what that group have people may have seen, just some examples of the mundane things that previous "alien" encounters actually turned out to be in the end.

Ok. You don't understand what a representative argument is then.

There's a bunch of mundane explanations that could explain how these "seven witnesses" saw what you claim.

I listed several. You are pointedly ignoring those to pretend people are arguing things they aren't. Then you accuse them of what you are doing.

And all to maintain your own closed minded position.

So you are backing away from the mundane explanations for this case. On reflection you realise you were wrong.

Because you claimed the below actually for this Coyne case.

Seems you are sobering up now. Good man.

And now false accusations of people being drunk for the crime of not immediately believing something you told them to google.

You know why I said that?

Because I want to show how easy it is to accuse other people of being drunk and sully their reputation.

At least learn the facts of something first before accusing people of being drunk.

• Advertisement

Nope. Not in the slightest. 100% certain that it will eventually get explained as something daft and mundane. Quite what is another matter, but it won't be "aliens".

But what is it that you are claiming for the "certainly NOT any stupid mundane" explanation if you are now also saying that it wasn't "aliens"? What is your non mundane explanation?

Advertisement