Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

Had interview last Wednesday and heard back today that I passed. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Penny_pocket

Had my interview last week and got result today that I passed. OOM in top 25 for inter departmental. It’s moving very fast, so wouldn’t be suprised if those who got results today are placed in the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Christmaschris

Did my interview Friday and found out I passed today. Seems to be going crazy quick. Hopefully will get placed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AhAnne

Well done all. Know someone who placed in 50s after interview. Best luck with your upcoming assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Deleted question I had here, I got sorted.

Post edited by Technocentral on

• Advertisement

it looks like written exercise was marked along with the interview as part of 2 of the competencies.

“The written exercise that was completed as part of Stage 1 was assessed as part of your interview. This element of the process assessed your written skills and provided additional evidence under the competencies of People Management and Interpersonal Communication”

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MatildasMammy

After interview, results and offer of place how much notice do you give your managers? I heard your manager can stop you leaving for a few months is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

As a CO 1 weeks notice is all you have to give

Not true it depends on how many years you served, ie 2 to 4 years 2 weeks, 5+ years 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 goldenbloke1976

Apologies if this is a silly question. But people keep saying interview questions were what they’d expected? I think I’ve overwhelmed myself with trying to learn off too much. Have interview Monday. What would be expected questions? Did they ask about specific policies? Do they ask much about your education?

• Advertisement

Never been asked about qualifications in the interviews - the competencies, staff dispute, good customer service, angry customer scenario, people management etc. Check the link posted several pages back with lots of good info on the interview process

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

Basically just ran through history of education and work. Then each competency with specific examples you have dealt with in your career

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SalteeBiscuits

Anyone else on the panel get the email about possibly applying for an EO job with Gardai? It says once the new bill comes in you'd be a Public Servant rather than a Civil Servant, anyone know the implications of that?

Seems like an interesting opportunity, but worried I'd miss out on the opportunity to apply for Civil Service jobs via the Intradepartmental stream / miss out on opportunity to use the Civil service relocation options etc.

Would be interested if anyone has any insight, would be much appreciated!

Basically if you're in the AGS you're out of the civil service and no more interdepartmental moves, its still a bit in the air but the government are determined to go ahead with it - if it's only optional then say no I would say

See here for the latest from Forsa - just search for garda

Layout 1 (forsa.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Help_Dubai

Don’t go to the Gards when you can get a job in a Government Department. It’s one of the worst places for Civil (soon Public) Servants to work in. Better promotional, transfer and educational opportunities in the Civil Service. More varied and interesting work. Working with/for other Civil Servants, not Gards…

Post edited by Help_Dubai on

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

I've heard mixed things about AGS (understandably low morale, some bullying etc) whilst other colleagues in the past have loved it and found the work very rewarding. Like anywhere I think it really depends where you end up, but losing the CS status would be a big minus I think.

Even "Some bullying " is not acceptable, those days are gone, should be zero acceptance in any workplace of a a toxic atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

It's generally agreed between hr in your new department and your old on a leaving/starting date. I was about 2/3 weeks waiting to move

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Poolbabe

I got promoted in the last competition and I was exactly a month from interview to start date. And that was interdepartmental

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I’m 323 on the open stream but haven’t heard a dicky bird about interviews…

• Advertisement

I presume no one has any insight which departments are first in line for EOs? I finished 16 in the Open Competition so hoping I'll be placed very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭smurfette2212

Can anyone who has done the interview already give any guidance on what was asked about the Public Service values, please? I feel like I'm reasonably prepared otherwise, but this bit is stressing me out!

I was asked about what I view the Public Services role in the country/community as, and what qualities I had in myself that would align myself with Public Service.

They also asked if I had looked into further educating myself, looked into courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

Yeah, I'd also be interested. I finished 21 in the same stream, so hoping we both hear something soon!

Got clearance email this morning replied back straight away and my current dept have been contacted this afternoon for a reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

Wow! Congrats 😄 Sounds like they want you starting ASAP. Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you! Do you mind my asking your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Christmaschris

I got the email today too, I'm in top ten for the interdepartmental stream.

I’m in the 20’s in the interdepartmental stream

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MatildasMammy

Who would they be contacting for the reference? HR? and would sick leave be taken into account, I have had about 8 days sick leave this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PotatoMaster

Would that be about how the civil service develops policies etc? or something else

Advertisement