Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Anyone recommend a cheap VPN to use ? I've been using Smart DNS Proxy for years to get BBC iPlayer but it doesn't seem to work as proper VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SmartDNSProxy have a VPN app and in my experience it works reasonably well.

I also have PIA VPN which you can get for next to nothing (or actually free sometimes) via TopCashBack. Again, works fine, and has more countries than SmartDNSProxy.

Cheers for that. Yeh I've tried out that smart VPN app on my tablet. I switched it to Turkey but Netflix kept coming up in euro and IP checker was still showing Dublin. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. might sit down this weekend and go through it again.

Will have a look at PIA VPN if I've no luck .

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Resorted to vouchers and am OK till December now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Thanks for all the help on this folks, Netflix sorted up to mid feb using the turgame vouchers!

Now to get cheap Spotify, YouTube and argue with VM about the price!

Just downloaded the app to my phone. It would not work on WiFi (at home - virgin) but when I switched WiFi off it then came up as Turkey. Will try to register later. That's for that 🙂

I'm with Virgin for broadband and it works for me on WiFi, but you only need it to register anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yeah, tried it later on again after the dust settled and same outcome, both on smart tv and firestick. I googled elsewhere and came up with folk experiencing similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Turkey Price Increase…

• Basic: 99.99 TRY/month
    • Standard: 149.99 TRY/month
    • Premium: 199.99 TRY/month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭muloc

50% increase. Standard up from 69.99 TRY since January.

Still only cost me €3.34 last bill I suppose.

Any sign of them cracking down on password sharing in Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Came out today at 97.99 but got email about price increase:

We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to TL 149.99 on October 18th, 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

it's going up again...

How many increases is that in the last year. about 3 or 4.

Think this is the 4th in about 18 months but it's to bring us more great entertainment so I suppose that's ok 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10,883 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Even though it keeps increasing, it's been relatively similar prices month by month from a euro point of view. When i started paying for Netflix in Turkey it was 41.99 TUR, which was €6.62. This was in 2019. My most recent payment was 130.99 TUR which was €4.58. Bonkers when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

I think everyone on this thread (including me) owes netflix subscribers in Turkey an apology. its clearly our actions that are driving prices up. 😆

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭sibersha

I successfully updated my card details on a Turkish account. My Curve card was expiring at the end of the month so I ordered a new one via their app.

Here are the steps I completed to update the card.

• Downloaded PingMe app via Google Playstore and topped up credits using Google Pay (bought 5 coins for 5.5USD)
    • Disconnected my WiFi on phone so my phone would use cellular data
    • Connected to Turkey VPN using Keep Solid VPN unlimited
    • Opened Incognito tab and went to Netflix.com
    • Signed In, My Account, Update Payment Details, Add Card
    • Added my new Curve Card details
    • When it came to text verification, switched to PingMe app, verification tab, selected Turkey and Netflix hit Next
    • Pasted the Turkish phone number provided by ping me to Netflix
    • Received SMS code via Ping Me app and pasted this to Netflix
    • Deleted old card

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Anyone having problems with PingMe - tried a couple of numbers but didnt work and now its coming up with no available numbers 🤯....do they give you a certain amount in a given time and then you got to wait for new batch?...i guess it was never going to be easy!

• Advertisement

J

Thanks for sharing! worked a treat - PingMe was a little tricky but stuck with it and came good.

Just for others who dont have a VPN already, I was initially using the free Windscribe VPN but it just wasnt working. Switched to the Hola VPN - free 3 day trial - and it worked straight away.

New curve card added & payment taken (my old card was expiring today) so hopefully should be good now until 2026 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Hi all, I have received my new N26 card and now unable to update it. What is the best way to update card details? I have tried to use vpn with incognito mode via phone but no joy. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

so i have had curve working away for years and the card expired last nights payment bounced obviously so i went to curve to find the new details and update but there is no new card, i don't fancy trying revolut with it or ptsb because it has been working perfectly for years and don't want to poke the bear

anyone know why curve hasn't updated a new card ? i am baffled

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

My account is "on hold" as there was a problem with my last payment (!)

Have they closed the loop?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,051 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I thought they closed it a long time ago. I have tried Curve, Revolut, Wise and N26 & all failed. I've been buying Netflix Turkey gift cards for the last year or two. This is a little more expensive but if all your cards fail then not much option

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Who were you paying with ? Maybe your card expired

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

I think it's because the card I purchased on Turgame has been used up. I tried to buy another earlier today but it's stuck on processing. I had a text from the bank asking a Y or N to confirm it was me, replied Y, but it still hasn't gone through. Might have to give them a call.

had similar problem, my curve expired but new details hadn’t updated on app, contacted their help centre (select account and it’s an option near the bottom). They sorted it out for me, response time is slow though, expect to wait around 24hrs for an update to your query

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I used to use Trendyol through my FUPS account to buy Netflix Vouchers for cost price online. No service fees etc

But went to adda few today and Trendyol site sends a OTP to the original phone number you registered with and if that was an online single use number it can process.

Ended up buying 5 months on Turgame for 36.45 so not too much extra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭sibersha

Advertisement