Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hurt Locker: Ireland v South Africa. Saturday 23rd September. Stade DeFrance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Can we lose to Scotland somehow know them out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Relieved for that.

Felt more like SA lost that match than Ireland won. Seemed like clinging on at times and some poor lineouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭CH3OH

RTE Sport asleep at the end

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Whopper.

Our lineout yips made that far closer than it should have been, but deserved win imo. We're the better team. Great to grind it out, and terrific to have Sheehan back...hopefully that will solidify our lineout. Sort that out, and I think we'll beat them again if we were to meet again.

Officiating suited them much more than us too. Genuinely baffled that the TMO didn't call that late shoulder charge on Hansen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭John arse

How's the powers guy doing?🥃🥃🥃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

For all the talk of the 7-1 bomb squad, they won maybe 2 scrum penalties and accomplished f**k all else.

Rassie's lamps🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

What a game. This is why I love rugby.

Time to finish the bottle of Jameson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Beat the saffers and no injuries as far as I know. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Ireland will lose to New Zealand. Beware this foretelling for it has been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,128 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very silly of Lowe to kick the ball away with a minute to go. Great win though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

They pretty much dominated us for most of that second half. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

SA place kicking was s**t - cost them bigtime. All very well winning penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Win sexy or through sheer bloody-mindedness, this team can do both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ref robbed SA at the end, but can't say I care.

Mad to not have a line-out for 25 minutes and still beat the world champions.

The tournament panning out well. 3 out of hopefully 7 games over and no injuries. 2 week break and into part 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Absolutely brilliant. Balls of steel 2nd half. Murray was outstanding when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Pollard will come in but will take away from their attack as he is not as good as Libbok going forward and if you select him somewhere else it takes away from the team at the moment.

As for the hooker, tell the DOR and head coach that, its not like anyone else forced them to go with 2 hookers and then when one got injured to bring in Pollard. 4d Chess and all that, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's as nervous as I've been watching a game for a long, long time.

That match was brutal for the players, so physical all game.

It's very rare that you see South Africa miss that many kicks at goal. They should have changed the kicker but luckily they didn't.

I'm still feeling nervous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Can we not just enjoy this one 2nite before thinking about anything else beyond?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,691 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Got unsettled early, played with pure ferocity that matched what they brought, didn’t play all that well in many departments and still won.

That will do me all day and night long.

What a resilient band of brothers we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Unreal what an epic match

Who piss*d in your cereal?

Let people enjoy a win, go away and come up with some facts to back up your silly predictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

SA the better side. If they had Pollard they would have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Aki was incredible, but surely a forward deserved to win MotM?

Porter was the standout for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Social media onslaught for Ben and his family, from Saffer fans now?

And it got them??

Ireland 49% possession and 51% territory.

Concede 8 penalties to SA's 11. More turnovers and 96% ruck win percentage (SA 91%)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Been a few years since I've posted here, mad to see you still have the pessimists out in force when we're only 3 points down! 😅

What a game though; that was so tense at the end. World #1 Vs World #2 and it showed. I do think that once we settled the nerves and found a rhythm, we were more than worthy of the win. Good signs going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭threeball

South Africa are very limited bar beating the lard out of you in the collisions. Zero ability to move the ball bar continously recycling wide repeatedly.

A game they didn't play well in for long periods, were second best on all set pieces and still won. I could see us beating them well if we meet them again.

Advertisement