Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So UFOs aren't a theory anymore - but we still don't know what they are

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You make the accusation here:

Seems you are sobering up now. Good man.

But again, no one was accusing people of being drunk. That's an argument you put in people's mouths because you didn't want to address the actual point.

There were many other explanations provided, but you're pretending that they don't exist to focus on this faux outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭maninasia

Wrong again. He said Lt Coyne had been drinking with absolutely no evidence for that.

Why ignore the far, far more likely explanations of "sensors were playing up", "pilot had been drinking", "weather balloon", "flock of birds" or "they just made it up"?

Again we're seeing this false "I'm not saying it's aliens" thing to pretend that they're being unbiased and open minded. But it's aliens.

This only seems to be brought out when some one points out the issues and contradictions with the idea of it being aliens so they can avoid having to provide an explanation. But of course, great offense is taken when it's suggested that other possible "non human intelligences" might be what's being hinted at.

Around we go again.

That was an illustration of the kind of mundane explanations that are always behind these kind of stories.

There's a bunch it could be. I suggested several. You don't want to acknowledge those however and are swinging around again to your same misrepresentations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

But a minute ago you were sure that I'd claimed it was birds. Why have you now switched to claiming I said the pilot was drunk? Why are you not claiming that I'd said that it was all of those suggestions at the same time, or can you see that was clearly not what was being suggested?

It was a far from complete list of examples which previous, and future, "alien" encounters will actually turn out to be.

Zero claims about drunk bird sensors were made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

This needs to go in every now and again to bring down the smuggness levels

Everyone knows the pictures/videos/witness testimony available to the public are not conclusive. Though the weight of testimony is compelling (hours of video here). Reliable eye witness testimony is enough to convict in courts of law. Stop infering someone looked at a grainy photo and announced "aliens".

THIS is the conspiracy theory : There IS better evidence, it is being concealed.

One of the CENTRAL facts revealed from the recent Senate hearing was that a man at the center of the UAP investigation swore under oath that he believes there is better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

Remember until 2017 there was no formal government UFO investigations and there was no secret videos, all denied until subsequently called out in the New York Times article.

But as we pointed out the last time you posted this: what that guy believes and what is actually true isn't the same thing.

For example, he was presenting the 30's Italian thing as a legitimate example of a recovered UFO. This case was an obvious hoax.

So either he was knowingly presenting a hoax to congress under oath, or he was unable to determine it was a hoax. Either way, his credibility has a red flag.

You didn't address this issue last go around. So the issue will remain next time you come back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Eyewitness testimony is enough to convict in court, but it all depends on what that testimony claims.

If someone claims to have been knocked over walking down the road by someone riding a pink unicorn then their witness testimony will be unlikely to be taken as reliable.

Alternatively, if someone reported seeing a terrorist being chased by a person with a unicorn horn on London Bridge then that would also be discounted as unreliable witness testimony... Until it then was added to that the terrorist was being chased out of the Fishmongers Guild and the person doing the chasing had grabbed a Narwhal tusk off a display on the wall to chase them with. (This actually did happen)

Show us something to back up the claims of the pink unicorn. All there is thus far regarding aliens is unreliable witness testimony of odd things happening. These odd things have all been explained by the mundane, none have been shown to be aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

One of the Senators involved in the hearings believes UFOs are mentioned in the bible. Beliefs/feelings are not enough for the biggest story in human history.

I will wager my left nut that the stories Grusch were told came from the Skinwalker Scooby gang, same old stuff.

**Sigh*** I posted "he believes". The statement is true.

Whether the core of what he believes ( that there IS better evidence and it is being concealed ) is true remains to be seen.

Everyone knows the pictures/videos/witness testimony available to the public are not conclusive. Though the weight of testimony is compelling (hours of video here). Reliable eye witness testimony is enough to convict in courts of law. Stop infering someone looked at a grainy photo and announced "aliens".

THIS is the conspiracy theory : There IS better evidence, it is being concealed.

One of the CENTRAL facts revealed from the recent Senate hearing was that a man at the center of the UAP investigation swore under oath that he believes there is better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

Remember until 2017 there was no formal government UFO investigations and there was no secret videos, all denied until subsequently called out in the New York Times article.

• Advertisement

But there isn't any evidence of aliens, and there also isn't any evidence of the three letter agencies hiding evidence of what the UFOs actually are.

So both of the conspiracies of either "aliens" or "cover up" are entirely without foundation, and also without any good explanation as to who, what, how or why of any of it.

Now there are plenty of fiction novels on the topics of both aliens and government agencies covering up something about aliens, but nobody in here is even able to come up with a decent outline for a fiction novel about the topic. The ideas stop at the point of "something odd happened" and nothing more is attempted to be figured out beyond that.

There is more to belive and more facts about the real world in the Harry Potter books.

We know.

The evidence is being concealed.

If there was indisputable public evidence, it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory.

But you don't even have any evidence that there is any evidence, let alone that there is more being concealed.

Or is the conspiracy that EVERYTHING about alien visits has been concealed and the other claimed sightings of alien craft are badly faked just to put us off the scent? That would at least have an evidential starting point of the faked alien encounters to begin your conspiracy from. As it is, everything is entirely from someones imagination.

Even the moon landing conspiracies have some starting point for their claims in that there was rockets went into space and TV pictures were broadcast. JFK conspiracies have that JFK was shot. 9/11 have that there was buildings there, then there wasn't.

If you were to submit your theory as an outline of a story on a creative fiction writing forum you'd be expected to flesh out your ideas more and explain the actual theory behind it. Why do conspiracy theories end with "something wierd happened but I don't know what, why or how?".

Mountains of it. Do some research.

So much the US set up a task force to investigate UAP. In a recent report by that task force :

"And a Handful of UAP Appear to Demonstrate Advanced Technology In 18 incidents, described in 21 reports, observers reported unusual UAP movement patterns or flight characteristics. Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernable means of propulsion. In a small number of cases, military aircraft systems processed radio frequency (RF) energy associated with UAP sightings. The UAPTF holds a small amount of data that appear to show UAP demonstrating acceleration or a degree of signature management. Additional rigorous analysis are necessary by multiple teams or groups of technical experts to determine the nature and validity of these data. We are conducting further analysis to determine if breakthrough technologies were demonstrated"

That isn't evidence of anything, it's just the military saying they haven't figured it out yet. Once the "unidentified" moniker is dropped from an incident then you'll have something.

Every case of something that was previously unidentified and became identified turned out to be something mundane. There isn't anything which went from unidentified to interesting.

So other than imagination, what reason is there to think that any of the current unidentified cases will become interesting ones?

Everything I know of has been mundane so therefore everything will continue to be mundane. Nice reasoning.

Strangely Governments continue to investigate and the below is just whats public. Its as if theres something more to it.

Brazil[edit]

Canada[edit]

France[edit]

Soviet Union[edit]

United Kingdom[edit]

United States[edit]

Uruguay[edit]

One of the CENTRAL facts revealed from the recent Senate hearing was that a man at the center of the UAP investigation swore under oath that he believes there is better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

And just going from the link you provided to the fantastically named Flying Saucer Working Party...

The Working Party concluded that all the reports they studied could be explained by one or more of the following causes: astronomical or meteorological phenomena; misidentification of aircraft, balloons, birds and the like; optical illusions and psychological delusions; deliberate hoaxes. The report ended: “We accordingly recommend very strongly that no further investigation of reported mysterious aerial phenomena be undertaken, unless and until some material evidence becomes available.”[3]

So, they investigated, found nothing but yet you are saying that is evidence of something being hidden. I'm not going to bother going through the rest of the links you provided, but if any of those investigations concluded with anything more that what the Flying Saucer Working Party did then please do let us know.

Ha ha ha.. look I found a bullshit investigation.

🙄

These are for the most part evidence of evidence. QED.

One of the CENTRAL facts revealed from the recent Senate hearing was that a man at the center of the UAP investigation swore under oath that he believes there is better evidence and it is being concealed, not to provide evidence there and then.

Yes. He believes. I've also pointed out how there is a red flag about what he believes.

He stated his belief in something that is false. Given that you dodged the point again I shall take that to mean you accept that's the case.

So either he was lying under oath and was presenting false information, or he was unable to determine it was false, and therefore is not a good investigator.

Not sure why you're copy and pasting the same thing again. Doesn't really address any points.

Whats the red flag EXACTLY ?

Tim Burchett (01:19:17):

Thank you. Mr. Chairman, I’m going to direct this I believe to Mr. Grusch, but if any of you all feel like you need to jump in just jump right and we’re good. Has the US government become aware of actual evidence of extraterrestrial otherwise unexplained forms of intelligence? And if so, when do you think this first occurred?

David Charles Grusch (01:19:35):

I like to use the term non-human, I don’t like to denote origin. It keeps the aperture open both scientifically.

Tim Burchett (01:19:42):

Right.

David Charles Grusch (01:19:44):

Certainly like I’ve discussed publicly, previously 1930s.

Tim Burchett (01:19:49):

Okay. Can you give me the names and titles of the people with direct firsthand knowledge and access to some of these crash retrieval programs and maybe which facilities, military bases that the recovered material would be in? I know a lot of Congress talked about we’re going to go to Area 51 and there’s nothing there anymore anyway, and we move like a glacier and as soon as we announce it I’m sure the moving vans would pull up. But please.

David Charles Grusch (01:20:20):

I can’t discuss that publicly, but I did provide that information both to the Intel committees and the Inspector General.

Tim Burchett (01:20:25):

We could get that in the skiff if we were allowed to get in a skiff with yo?. Would that be probably what you would think?

David Charles Grusch (01:20:31):

Sure, if you had the appropriate accesses. Yeah.

• Advertisement

I've explained this several times now. You just kept dodging the point because you couldn't address it.

The case he was referring to in Italy in the 30s is a false story. It is a hoax and it is obviously so. Unless you state otherwise I will assume that you agree this is the case.

So either he is knowingly presenting a hoax story to congress. Or he doesn't realise its a hoax because he's a crap investigator.

Either way that should call into question what else is he presenting that he's not being truthful about or didn't do a good job about investigating.

Sorry what is your proof that this is false. I've seen youtube video and some debunking but I'd be interested in your proof that the US government did NOT become aware of actual evidence of extraterrestrial in the 1930s.

Lol. Very odd that you demand proof of something. Never said I had proof of anything.

I've already provided a link that details why the story is false. You ignored that.

Regardless it seems that you do actually believe the story is true. This is a red flag about how much research you have done.

But this is just deflection from the point I'm making. The story is false. It's obviously false. Yet here this guy is presenting it as true to congress. That should be a red flag.

Thought you would dodge that .. funny when the shoes on the other foot. The link not prove ANYTHING.

It only takes one recovered craft to prove the conspiracy theory, and apparently theres lots of them.

We know its not fairies King, I'd say your devastated.

Sorry, not sure what you're accusing me dodging there.

You however are dodging my point.

The link I provided explains how the story Gruash referred to is false. If you disagree with any part of that explanation, please do outline it. Or otherwise you can provide what you demand from others and provide proof that story based on a hoax document and the rambling letter of a guy claiming his dad was involved in every single UFO incident was true.

Until you do so, I will continue assuming that the story is false and you accept that it is as well.

Even if your claims about other recoveries were true (they aren't and are just a deflection.) Gruash is still presenting a false story as true. So either he's a liar, or he isn't a good investigator.

I believe its the latter.

Also again you seem to be falling back to your false accusation that I'm presenting some theory about fairies. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

And I've learned not to engage with those who spout religious bullshit. Or those with a very obvious mental illness. Or, indeed, those with a delicious combination of the two (quite common).

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Scientific law comes from where? People who want to claim nobody wrote these things are those who project all the above. Nobody wrote/designed the laws of science? Where do you think they came from? Who is talking about religion?

Attack the point, not the person, usually those who attack the person instead of attacking the point, can't attack the point. So they resort to attacking the person.

Tips hat.

If aliens were intelligent enough to fly half way across the universe at speed, they're not going to drop off some "aircraft" for the US to conceal.

It doesn't matter who says that the US has those aircraft, they don't. People can make all manner of outlandish claims but we must go by logic, probability, and evidence when assessing the reasonableness of any claim.

Whoever is making those statements about alien aircraft concealments is either delusional or lying.

Wow, you have it all figured out!

Let us in on your calcs. What figures did you go for on the frequency of visitation, the reliability of the craft and nature of the travel.

Pens out guys, this may be someone who is not making moronic asumptions based on no meaningful knowledge.

• Advertisement

Can I ask a question - do you believe in any other / many other conspiracy theories, or just this one?

Advertisement