Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Do people really think 500 quid extra for west coast for PE is worth it ? out of people's own pockets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sherology

I wouldn't pay a cent more than I have t BUT absolutely... plenty of people have plenty of money... the cabin should have different seats to match the prices people pay... perfectly doable to have low cost, medium cost, and high cost sections... paying €1k for an economy ticket and getting little for it is unfair.

AerClub (lie flat) €2/3k

AerSpace (premium economy) €1/1.5k

AerExplorerX (economy with an extra inch or two) €.5/.8k

AerExplorer (economy) €.35/.7k

All fares have a + option which includes a bundled add-on of bags/blankets/premium food/drinks etc.

Cheap 'lead-in' fares start stacking the cabin from the rear, low passenger flights can be upsold or gifted on the day or days leading up to flights... but sounds like EI are busy throughout.

It's time to start charging for seat type and comfort as opposed to solely 'when' you book. I'll be at the back... I'm a cheap mother 🤣

When do I start!!!

Post edited by sherology on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Question is who is paying?? Most corporate travel polices are now cheapest economy seat unless you are at a very senior level, the days of everyone going business are over. Calling it anything other than economy triggers problems. Business travel is what pays the bills on all routes except Miami and Orlando

If EI was smart it would remove a single row and space out seats in the front of economy, say 4-5 rows to give 3-4 inches more and add in a business class meal (like the old pre order).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm tall. A few more inches of legroom makes a heck of a difference to me on a long flight – so yes, I'd pay it.

That being said, I won't be using Aer Lingus for any more US flights unless or until they get themselves into TSA PreCheck.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-NSD, the latest A320neo, was awake in Toulouse this afternoon. I actually saw some activity around it myself as I visited the Aeroscopia Museum at the airport.

I was reminded that it’ll be 30 years next year since Aer Lingus first became an Airbus customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

30 years of Airbus...... could be a good time to announce a new order for long haul aircraft or is that wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Why have a few aircraft gone to Newquay in the last week is this for maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Engineers are leaving in their droves!

Also engine changes are being done in Madrid now, and is taking 4 days each time, whereas the guys in DUB can do it in a shift! If only they could do something to keep them from leaving 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

How often would an airline change an engine on a a320 or 737 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not saw many reports of sudden cancellations over the last few days. Presume IALPA and Managment have something in place to solve the issues.

Anyone know if multi city bookings can check in on the app? Says I can't manage booking so assuming check in will also be a problem.

• Advertisement

Probably because the wet leases are keeping their heads above water. EIN, EIK and DAA are on the ground in Dublin at the moment. Such a waste of widebodys.

CVA also been in Newquay since the 15/09.

Not relavent to EI as such but I seen on FB yesterday that the 757 they're leasing at the moment is due to go storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

EI-CVA is due to be ferried NQY-NOC in a few days, its flying career apparently over.

No way ? I'm sad to hear that but kind of not surprised really. Its EIs oldest frame but still thought there was a bit more left in it when you look at other A320s. There must be a serious amount of cycles on it though.

Did something show up in a C or D check or is it just a case of it's time been up ?

Jeb Brooks lastest travel vlog on YouTube has him on a 30 year old Delta A320.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Delta are well known for flogging frames to within an inch of their lives!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Their 767 in from JFK this morning is 32 years old. Definitely have got their moneys worth I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hopefully had the interior refreshed a few times along the way 😀

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Got swapped to EI-DAA, they must be done with the EC-MAJ lease, I see she flew back to MAD today.

Not sure which 'staff' as it's a premium article, but 13% pay increase and one-off bonus offered - that mirrors the BA offer recently. Accepted?

Don't know the deal with pilots, but talks were held last week. Hopefully they're close to getting back to some kind of calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Extract:

"In an update to its Aer Lingus members last week, Siptu revealed the add on to the pay deal had been agreed.

“Following recent representation from Siptu and other unions, Ictu [the Irish Congress of Trade Unions] wrote to Aer Lingus on August 22 seeking to re-engage to discuss pay at the company in view of the stagnant rate of inflation and profits at the company, amongst other things,” said the update.

“The unions and your representatives met with management on September 6 and 11 in an attempt to enhance the pay terms of the WRC proposal of December 15, 2022.”

On top of the agreed 10.25pc, staff will get a further increase in their wages of 2pc or €650, whichever is the greater, from October 1. They will also get 1.5pc or €750, whichever is the greater, paid as “a tax efficient lump sum” in October 2024.

The enhanced payment brings the total percentage pay increases for 2023 for staff at the airline to 5.75pc and to 12.86pc cumulatively over the two-year period of the agreement, not including the lump sum payment."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

They should be asking for more tbh, they've got a very strong hand to play & a quick glance across the Atlantic at what the US3 are giving out these days lends a lot more weight to that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The pay agreement expires in Dec 2025. Not a bad deal lasting 2 years before new pay discussions begin?

Aer Lingus UK had a 70% load factor in July, up 1pt on last year and 4pts on the previous month. British school holidays start around the last week of July.

Maintaining a similar LF to last year despite the capacity jump to A333 on JFK but yield could be very different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 coupons1987

Hi I don’t know where to post this question but can anyone tell me if you’re in row 1 on a flight with out aerspace should the bins be reserved overhead ? I just got told by a very grumpy crew member there not and to put my bag down the back, what is the point of paying extra for row 1 if this is the case ? My two recent flights have had very grumpy crew , I’m beginning to question why I fly Aer Lingus anymore the entire product and standards are at rock bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

If there’s no Aerspace then the bins aren’t reserved no, even though everything has to go overhead if your seated in row 1. Paying to reserve seats doesn’t reserve the bin space above them.

Is it profitable? If not, it seems like a like it's just messing around to save face. Run an a330 from Dub-Man a couple of times in the AM and feed the traffic through (a better managed and suported Dublin 'Hub') - using any brand loyalty they may have accrued. Launch a few new routes, some seasonal (winter only/summer only), with the returned UK fleet, to Cancun/Barbados/Vegas/Nashville (or wherever people want to go). 70% load factors can't be generating high fares. If the UK was in the EU I'd be more sympathetic, but having a different AOC, staff, register/regulator for two aircraft seems just inefficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭x567

• Registered Users Posts: 46 coupons1987

Seems mad not to block it since you have to put everything up , they used to keep the bins above the exit rows closed so there would be space for those rows, is that still the case ? Arrived back to the bus gates even though most of T2 was empty , why not deplane there and then tow it across for the later arrivals?

Apparently its first full year was profitable. The CEO was also quoted at the time saying they saw scope for growth at Manchester but more bases outside of Ireland were unlikely.

It does seem hard to justify the added complexity of a UK registered fleet of just two aircraft. That being said, the overall fleet is just too limited to deliver growth and take advantage of the opportunities available both in Dublin, Manchester and even Shannon.

I do feel Aer Lingus lacks the ambition it had pre-IAG in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Ei cva heading to knock today for its last flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

-CVA is only 23 years old. Hardly old by a lot of standards.

With it being owned outright I would have thought that it didn't owe the company anything and could be flown for another decade.

Advertisement