Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2023 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Cork, Waterford, Wexford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Spells of heavy rain, especially on hills and mountains.

Potential Impacts:

Localised flooding

Travel disruption

Valid: 06:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 18:00 Sunday 24/09/2023

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I see that Dublin Airport exceeded 100 mm the other day yet again, for the third month in a row. The last time this happened was November/December 2015 and January 2016. It was also exceeded in March, so four months this year so far, which is very rare. It's also already a wetter year than 2021 and 2022, and there are still three of the wettest months of the year on average to get through.

I'm glad to have mostly escaped this rubbish, having missed half of July, most of August, and all of September. I'm in Reykjavik for the next few months and we had an excellent August and a pretty good run of weather the last two weeks or so, including grass frosts and three completely sunny days. I wasn't here in July but it's worth noting that they had the sunniest July on record, by a good margin too, and a very dry one at that. June was poor, so it's been pretty much the opposite of what the weather was like in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Cork, Waterford, Wexford

• Spells of heavy rain, especially on hills and mountains.

• Potential Impacts:
    • Localised flooding
    • Travel disruption
    • Valid: 06:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 18:00 Sunday 24/09/2023
    • Issued: 12:31 Friday 22/09/2023

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Sligo

• Heavy rain for a time, with highest rainfall amounts on hills and mountains.

• Potential Impacts:
    • Localised flooding
    • Travel disruption
    • Valid: 11:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 21:00 Sunday 24/09/2023
    • Issued: 18:50 Friday 22/09/2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Fresh rain warnings for Sunday for Galway, Mayo ,Sligo and Donegal

A wet Sunday ahead with heavy rain in places and gusty winds now for the south east. More countries added to rainfall warning to

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow

Very strong and gusty southerly winds, especially near coasts and on high ground.

Valid: 15:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 19:00 Sunday 24/09/2023

Issued: 10:29 Saturday 23/09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

Another Sunday confined to barracks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Stunning autumn morning out there, enjoy the dry weather while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Absolutely gorgeous morning in Celbridge after a cold night. Bright, dry and really fresh. So enjoyable to get out in it. Such a shame it's to be replaced with awful rain in a couple of hours.

Met eirrean saying possible stormy on Wednesday but also met Office showing a strong low on Wednesday mid morning, met eirrean models on the other hand can't make head nor tale of it they keep changing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful morning Meath. I was in a tshirt.

Full winter coat by 3pm sun disappeared along with any heat. Cool and full grey cloud cover since 3pm. No rain.

14⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Well it turned out to be a fully lovely day as the rain has only just arrived here. We did much better than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Another absolutely gammy weekend in Cork, rain and wind arrived around 11. Tomorrow a write off too. What a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Orange - Rain warning for Waterford

Intense rainfall over a relatively short time period. 

Potential Impacts:

Flooding

Poor visibility

Hazardous travelling conditions. 

Valid: 11:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 18:00 Sunday 24/09/2023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Just back from Miami honestly what a place for weather enthusiasts. Heat sun intense rain and brilliant electrical storms on a daily basis. The heat was such a powerful and beautiful thing. Arrived back into **** dull grey miserable direland tonight. Getting ready for the next trip out of here ASAP.

Miami is some place, been a few times. I believe direct flights from Dublin soon again. Seriously thinking about going in January.It’s a great winter get away but expensive, guaranteed sun that time of year and avoid the rain/storms. Did you hang out at club deuce? Me, land is getting so wet I’m wondering where I’ll leave the cows tomorrow, about 3 weeks earlier from how wet it was last autumn which was as wet as I can remember.

I've often wanted to go miami but the humidity would kill me , I also want to experience thunderstorms pretty much every day, I've had that here in carrick for 5 days in May thought I was dreaming ,you probably think it's really mild tonight 15c currently and last night was 2c

For this weekend I don't care what rain falls after Ireland's win, nothing could knock the smile off my face ☺️

Stop that win made my year, nerve wreaking game wasn't the word but best match I've watched in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Filthy morning in Cork 😐

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Interesting day ahead, Orange warning for Galway from 1pm, its a big county so it could be fine in some parts and awful in others, we will see. Very mild out.

• Advertisement

Status Orange - Rain warning for Galway, Mayo

Intense rainfall over a relatively short time period.

Potential Impacts:

Flooding

Poor visibility

Hazardous travelling conditions

Valid: 13:00 Sunday 24/09/2023 to 17:00 Sunday 24/09/2023

Issued: 09:47 Sunday 24/09/2023

Very muggy out there, keep an eye out for a squall line crossing the country west to east this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭esposito

Seems like Dublin will get off lightly today? Bright and dry right now in D16 with the sun even making an appearance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,885 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Heavy rain in Galway city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looking at the radar and it looks like an orange rain warning wasn't justified for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭BagofWeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Dublin Airport at 102mm (so far) for Sept which means three consecutive months of 100mm+ , surely this is unusual for that station and I doubt if this has happened before in the 82 years since records began there?

It’s the driest part of the country and today is a good example how Dublin often escapes due to the Wicklow rain shadow.

Post edited by Elmer Blooker on

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

No the deluge that was forecast today in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It's only just gotten nasty in Wicklow in the past 45 minutes or so. A squally, heavy band of rain just passed through Wexford and Wicklow and it's just starting to clear into the Irish sea but that's the only notable spell of rain we've had all day. It's mainly been persistent light rain all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭pureza

I've actually recorded 6.4mm since midnight in Arklow despite a dryer interlude

13.4mm since yesterday evening

September total here is 129.6mm

Quite wet here at the moment with the wind gusting SW above 60kmh

Weather for a tall stool

Gust of 74kmh just now in the driving rain

Advertisement