Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killers of the Flower Moon - Martin Scorsese - AppleTV+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Irishman being a bit of a distracting disappointment, I'm looking forward to this. Scorcese is a director who can make 3 hours fly by (which was another reason The Irishman was such a letdown; it really dragged), and the trailer certainly makes it look thrilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

John Lithgow and Brendan Fraser also in the cast. Looking forward to this. Read an article on the murders year ago, and had been meaning to pick up the book on which this is directly based.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah I keep meaning to read more into the true story cos if I'm remembering it right, it sounds like a parallel event similar to what happened "black wall street" in Tulsa in 1921. Need to have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Killers Of The Flower Moon will premiere in the UK and Irish cinemas on 6th October, before streaming globally on Apple TV+ with 210 minutes running time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Nothing quite says There will be Blood like oil pouring over dudes like that at the start of the trailer 😀

• Advertisement

Did this get a showing at Cannes? I'm already seeing some reviews on Letterbox and they're quite glowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, Donald Clarke of the Irish Times saw it at Cannes alright. A pity we now have to wait until October!

Boo. Funny how, while the internet spins into a tizzy about Indiana Jones 5 at Cannes, Scorcese seems to have knocked it out of the park and appears to gain no viral traction. No wonder he has salty remarks about the MCU.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Indy 5 is a rare enough example of ‘nerd culture’ crossing over with ‘cinephile festival culture’ (see also: Joker). I would say a lot of the people in a tizzy over Indy’s reception would have very little interest in the reception to Zone of Interest or the new Aki Kurismaki film.

Anyway, Killers… sounds great. Must try read the book before the film’s release.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would disagree entirely with your view on The Irishman. I really enjoyed and the main criticism I would have would be it was probably just too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I too enjoyed The Irishman. Watched it during the day with no kids around so no distractions. Found it very engaging.

Looking forward to this new one now.

Uh, confused. You disagree with my view (that it was too long), while saying your main criticism was it was "probably just too long"? 😂🤔

Another new trailer; liking the vibes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Excited for this. I picked up the book it's based on and it's very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like a full cinema release worldwide now October 20th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A rare bit of positive news on the distribution front for a streamer release: the scale of the release is actually being increased, so it will have a big, proper global cinema release, as opposed to the 'limited releases' Netflix and the like are so fond of. Especially, as some have pointed out, a limited theatrical release often means a streamer can wiggle their way out of paying standard theatrical dues to the people involved in making it.

Reading the book at the moment and lots of intriguing things in there that I'm very interested in seeing Scorsese tackle.

I presume this cinematic global release will, hopefully, include Ireland in the run? It's definitely a film and director I'd do my level best to seek out a cinema trip for.

Oh yeah, it's always been due for a UK / Ireland release I believe. What this does mean is that hopefully, it should now play widely across multiplexes as well as independent sites, as a lot of chains have been reluctant to screen 'limited release' films from streamers without a proper theatrical window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've just finished the book and I'm dying to see this in the cinema.

As with most trailers I feel this gives too much away, some things which aren't made clear till at least half way through the book are neon arrow signposted in the trailer. Bit of a shame given as it was a shock when reading.

Another new trailer; ya know, something tells me this is not a story that'll end well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's a fantastic book.

Really looking forward to this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Reckon it's worth reading the book before the film? Given Scorsese has apparently approached the story quite differently to the book I was thinking it might be worth reading before as it won't be a straight adaptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I think so.I think its easier to enjoy a film after reading a book than to enjoy the book after you've watched the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I was interested in going to see this. Then I seen that crap actor Dicaprio is in it so I am out. Not paying his salary or contributing to it no thanks. He ruins everything he is in. So will wait till it is on the T.V.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FCTwenteBenson

Thats a fairly niche view on Di Caprio it has to be said.

And you're out? Until it's on tv at which point you're back in again 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MfMan

I agree with him. LDC is just another in a long line of Hollywood pretty boys with limited talent and zero charisma. Throw a stick at Malibu and you'll hit six of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭flasher0030

These are the facts:- American actor Leonardo DiCaprio has won 101 awards from 252 nominations. He has been nominated for seven Academy Awards, six British Academy Film Awards and eleven Screen Actors Guild Awards, winning one from each of these and three Golden Globe Awards from thirteen nominations.

But lets ignore that and base it on your opinion that - "he ruins everything".

I've warmed to DiCaprio a little; think the man is a bit of a twit, but as he has aged out of his pretty boy look, has become a more accomplished actor

His work for Scorsese alone has been phenomenal: The Aviator; Shutter Island; The Departed; Wolf of Wall Street all standouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Really looking forward to this. I'm halfway through the book and it is outrageous how badly the native people were treated by whites. Just goes to show that racism is completely and inexorably ingrained in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes all films he has ruined and that would have been so much better had he not been in them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement