Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I thought when Carols husband died she found a big amount of diamonds in his ashes when they were on the beach. Now there’s only one diamond so what happened to the rest. Thought it odd Carols kidnappers didn’t take the diamond pendant around her neck and left her with her gold jewellery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Otis Hill

What age are Ray and Pete? Surely they've been on the planet long enough by now to have some concept of whether it's afternoon or not. Also Pete strikes me as the type of guy who'd wear a watch.

Regarding Carol's escape I presume judging by the marks on her wrists, we're supposed to assume she wriggled her hands free? Maybe Zak wasn't as good with the cable ties on Carol as she was on him.

I presume the third kidnapper took the diamond and is in cahoots with Zak but I guess another possibility is that Carol didn't escape by herself and that's why it was deliberately not shown. If someone else helped her (maybe Gar popped into the storeroom looking for a kidney for Joan 😛 ), they may have seen the instructions on where the diamond was going to be left and got there first. That room was littered with evidence so the instructions were probably there too or someone like Gwen would definitely be brazen enough to snoop on Zaks laptop which is what he typed and printed the ransom instructions on and she has a penchant for stolen jewellery.

Might be giving the writers too much credit but surely there's a reason Carol's escape wasn't shown. They hardly decided the scenes of Leo strumming his guitar and saying "wha?" at the end of every sentence were more important to put in the episode than showing Carol escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,490 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe Gwen was following Zac and she got to diamond before him and she'll give it to Anna to put in her necance which was missing a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,191 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dean and his van is back, getting action from Dearbhla, Bo is alive wanting payment from James, Gar has to donate a kidney, exchange for Joan getting a kidney match

• Advertisement

Character returning next week.

Dermot.

He seems to be returning every September now! Wonder will he be in a story with Zöe and right wing Fergal..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

At this stage it's like the resurrection of Marlon brando compared to the goings on lately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Fergal and Zack need to go to war against each other. It can start when the pub hosts a function for Ukrainian refugees.

Is it a prison break for Dermot or just Zoe visiting him

• Advertisement

It says it has complications for Dearbhla.

From what I remember he didn't get much of a sentence so he could be out.

Joan won't be happy.

I think the actor became a mental health nurse. So I wonder will he be sticking around for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I can't bear to watch after the first kidnapping episode, and reading here isn't convincing me.

I wonder if Dermot is giving a kidney or needs a kidney, connect him to Joan and Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It’s gone so bad for me now that it’s unmissable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Reading the preview for tonight, "Forensic experts sweep the warehouse"

Could be fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Since when did the community centre move

it used to be that building across from helping hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Go on Dean, whip out the jump leads.... see if you can spark Dearbhla into life

Why is Mondo answering the phones for Joan? Isn't that Melanie's job?

Why does Joan always have her business meetings in a public place?

Pity Dean didn't go on the stag (wha?). They could have used his van for sleeping arrangements.

I think there might have been a mistake in tonight's episode: Gwen was actually doing work! Noticed her cleaning down the bar with spray and a cloth behind Gar and Joan.

Was it just me or did Sharon look awkward sitting there celebrating Carol's escape.

Where did the conflict between Derbhala and Gar come out of? The last I remember of them was them talking about her history with Alex and Gar being fine about it. Are we supposed to be believe their relationship deteriorated off screen?

I'm convinced we're heading for a whodunit murder with Fergal. He really is pissing off everyone he talks to. Gar, Joan, Alex, Zoe, Ray, Doug, Erica, Derbhala and looks like it'll be Dean next. Only a matter of time before he comments on Ruby, Babs and Victor's family set up

2 flings/romances. Dervla and Dean and Steve and Carol possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Photobox

Dearbhla and Dean sitting in the van sipping wine looked so uncomfortable. As in no comfort at all. James discussing the concealment of a dead body in the middle of the community centre, as you do 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Photobox

Dearbhla is annoyed with Gar because of his bullying of Kira, over the kidney.. Sharon looked awkward alright. I thought Carol hated her guts over Con. So not sure why she was there, actually Sharon was doing her hair when she got kidnapped, just remembered so must be best friends again.

That ex detective is a disgrace to his ex profession

Also as its topical in Spanish womens football. Surely it's out of order to put both your hands on carols face

Tonight was basically a load of people walking around a car park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

The flirty conversation between Dean and Dearbhla, "is something going on here" "don't want to misread the signals" "you won't know till you try". The TY students are obviously still writing the script!

Carol is going to recognise James's eyes or something, he can't relax at all. Nice to see the charming Steve back :)

Mairead must be behaving herself with the new taxi man. I thought that was a prime opportunity missed with Damo away.

What was with the cans noise Dearbhla had walking around, surprised Zack isn't selling her Kombucha in the pub

Did Dearbhla ever open the vegan business with Joan as Cian's cafe with Con fell through

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, that van looks extremely uncomfortable. Your back would be killing you after 30 minutes - sitting on the floor is an unnatural position for any person, you need the support of a chair.

I don't think they were sitting the whole time. Something tells me they changed positions 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

The writers must have needed to stay in the hotel to finalise the 'crucial' kidnapping storyline. They must have finished it though after ( or during!) a night of heavy heavy drinking - it's the only explanation for how woeful the whole bloody story was.😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I wonder if we will ever find out where the diamond went to?

Advertisement