Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redgosh

Honestly I am not sure what to think about that. I mean another 4-5 months seems to be a ridiculous long wait for a car which was promised initially in the beginning of Q4? Or is this standard with Tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭traco

Hi - I've booked a test drive for Mrs Traco as the current pricing and 0% finance options are attractive at the moment. I'm not an expert on Tesla but had an extended drive in an M3 performance in the US a few years back so I have no issue with them.

What I am not clear on is the pricing and AP stuff. On the cars below there is a 5k swing between the midnight grey and the white and black. Is this 5k a result of the grey paint tipping it over the 60k grant threshold or am I missing something. They all say Autopilot but then offer enhanced as an option. What exactly is the basic autopilot? My understanding is its adaptive cruise with lane keeping or have I missed something?

I'm not sure but does Tesla support apple carplay? I see some vids on youtube that suggest it can but then other searches say it doesn't. I haven't delved into it so I'm asking as I figure I'll get a definitive answer here.

Also, is the long range which seems to offer an extra 80km in range really worth the extra spend. Realistically the car will commute from Portmanock to Bray or Naas around the M50 in heavy traffic two or three days a week. There is some sort of charging in Bray if required. Other than that its really local runs and the odd trip around the country. Now that could be anywhere and I am aware parts of the coutry are a bit of a black hole for charging but I think we can make that work and there are a selction of ICE cars availabe in the house anyway depending on how bankrupt I want to be after a trip.

In terms of actual real world range I am multiplying the WLTP figure by 0.7 to get what I hope is the worst case scenario. Cold, rain, wind in the darkest coldest late November day with heated everything on. Is that safe enough?

She curretly has an 2007 ML from new. It is still a very comfortable car to travel in and while I think the interior will be a shock she will really like it when she gets used to it. Hopefully the test drive will be enough for that. I'm more worried about the driving height position as thats a plus for the Merc but hopefully the Y isn't too much lower.

Is there anything else I should focus on for her to get the maxium bang for the test drive? How long is it? Will there be time to look and explore afterwards or when its over you are done?

In terms of the Model Y and end of Q3 are we at a relative sweet point now? Granted Tesla could do amything at the end of Q4 like last year but thats something we will discuss and decide on.

Screen grag in the hope someone can clarify the price differences etc for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Save your money, the standard range rwd is perfect for you with that usage. There's usually discount rates for collecting the car in the run up to quarter end too. The seat height etc is pretty good, I find, and I like to be high up.

Enhanced Autopilot is also a waste of money. Some are getting a 3 month trial period and you could always add it on after that and not pay VRT on the dearer delivery rate. You'll be on the road for 47k ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Not standard no, usually they'd do all they could to hit the quarterly targets. Just seems like they had a backlog of 2023 M3 cars which cleared faster then they must of expected. Seems wild to have no deliveries in Q4 of a year

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcf1

Hi, We ordered M3 LR partial white interior with towbar on 1st August 2023, with estimated delivery for Aug / Sept. Had a call from Tesla offering a slightly different car, with €1,500 inventory discount (after I asked about discounts). We are not interested in alternative car. Delivery date now moved to Sept / Oct.

Is the current Model 3 on its slow boat from China and will be here in October, or are we looking at January (or later) 2024 for delivery of M3 Highland?

Is there any way to get Tesla to indicate what is actual delivery timescale, as we need to get a car for three months or change / cancel order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

So I had a collection date for next week for a M3, and just got a text from Tesla cancelling my order for no reason 😵 Car immediately popped into inventory with a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ten8sixFour

Actually just got my MY VIN and a revised estimated delivery date of next week. If it comes true it’s less than 4 weeks from order to collection. Not bad…

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ten8sixFour

Actually just got my MY VIN and a revised estimated delivery date of next week. If true it would be 4 weeks from order to collection. Not bad!

Was there any unusual feature in you order? Is anyone actually maintain their database and orders or it’s all automatic? Whatever they are doing there today it’s a little bit ridiculous. I’ll give them a call tomorrow as o defo can’t wait 5 months for new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcf1

No. Just selected from standard options. I am not aware that there are other unusual features that can be selected, or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Did you buy it cheaper then second time around 🤣

for what is more a tech company than a car maker the communication and website is crap given what they should be capable of , the website is ambiguous on pricing, people can't see their delivery date, and cars randomly being pushed back months. Nonsense. Like they are operating logistics out of Connemara with a fax machine.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

Tesla are notorious for changes to Estimate Delivery Date's "EDD" (less so for last quarter when the supply side improved and also many Mod 3 customers were most likely holding out until details of he Mod 3 refresh were announced). The Tesla position will always be that these dates are Estimated only.

Model 3 for Irish market are manufactured in Shanghai and that factory is building capacity for the new Model 3 Highland. With the changes to EDD that you (and others) are experiencing it's difficult for me to think that the Old Model 3 for RHD markets will receive any degree of priority which may be why dates are being pushed out. Noteworthy also is the other main RHD market (UK) is showing similar shifts to EDD (2024).

Just sharing my thoughts ...I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Of course i did 😁 According to Tesla this morning, it was me who cancelled it, they really haven't a clue!

How long does the finance approval option take? Would it be too late to start the process at this stage for end of September?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nealry every car is going to end up with a little bit of paintwork, it's not going to really matter unless it's a bad job, i'd be looking for a discount if your otherwise happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 FranoTheMano

They're sending out invites to an inventory event tomorrow 23rd in Baldonnell.

Mrs Traco test drove the Model Y on Saturday so time for an update for y'all.

We were assigned a Blue Model Y with Black interior, I wasn't sure this was a good start as thought as she likes her creams and dark exteriors etc. The Tesla showroom is bieng done up so they are a work hub or something next door and its a bit of mess for the lads and also not great for customers looking at dropping 40/50k.

Anyway we arrived a bit early so were given the blue and a bit of an intro but not a lot to be fair. I had driven a Model 3P in the US a few years back and had done a fair bit of research online so while no expert I knew my way around. Not bragging but if I wasn't there Mrs Traco would have been in trouble. Things like adjusting the wing mirrors weren't explained or basic car sontrols. Fortunately the steering column stalks function the exact same and the ML so that was totally natural for her and we got moving.

The one pedal driving was a big change for her but to be fair she was fairly good with with by the time we got down onto the M50 heading for Bray. I got her to turn on the cruise and to trust it. She likes cruise but hers is only set the speed so getting her to trust the wlowing down and accelerating took some convincing but she settled in. She also seemed to get addicted to a heavy right foot so I think I will need to address that. She liked the drive, thought it didn't feel as heavy and plush as the ML but I asured her it was definitly as heavy.

I was a little worried about the ride as online said it was harsh but I thought it was very good. The ML is stiff as it has been on Bilstein B6 sport shocks for teh last 10 years and 19" rims also so it rides firm. The MY was definitley smoother. She really likes the quietness and the sound system. She also like that it felt like it was driving itself compared to the ML as in very little effort was required. She kept coming back to how small the steering wheel was.

Back at base I spent a good 30/40 mins going through the software and explaing it all. Things like adjusting the wipers, heating etc etc. In teh end she more or less said "so when I have my wipers and lights set to auto and the heating where I like it, I can basically jump in and just drive it? I dodn't really need to be looking through the software for things?" I said more or less, interaction should be minimal and once you get used to it I though most of the stuff could also be done by voice. I also showed her the white interior and she went no way. I didn't expect that.

That was that - off to Musashi for some sushi and a discussion. I kept saying its your car so we can drive some others if you want. She kept asking me what I thought but I was trying not to be forcing her. I just said in terms of value, tech and ease of use I think the Tesla is the best overall package particularly with the supercharger network as she is terrifed of range.

It went back and forth and she said lets go for it. Grand - what colour so? I really like the blue with the black interior that I drove. A quick check of inventory and back to the guys to answer a few questions.

Order placed for a Blue Model Y RWD with black interior using a loyalty code I had so finance application completed this morning. VIN has been assigned so looks like it should be in the driveway by close of business Friday.

Thanks to all for the input and I am sure there will be more but maybe in the genral Model Y thread.

Only questions I have here are how long does the finance approval take and what charge can we expect on the car at pickup? Also any pickup do's and don'ts??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can’t answer the finance stuff as never used it but charge wise, in baldonnel you can expect anything from 10-30%.

One guy got 7% and another got 80% 😂

it’s that varied. But you will get some free supercharger miles and there are fast chargers within 5 mins of the collection hub.

Excellent update @traco, best of luck to you and the Missus with the new motor.

• Advertisement

So just a small update on my EDD which was pushed till Jan-Feb 2024. I’ve called them yesterday and update is basically NON, ha. Guy was completely useless he started by telling me that this EDD is more for UK customers than Irish and it’s more less right for them so probably will be for me too but may not be (like what?). He then checked with some other guy who apparently has access to planned deliveries for Ireland and he told him that there are no planned deliveries to Ireland as of now for Q4. And it doesn’t mean there won’t be but for now there are definitely none. Sounds a little bit unreal?

He was also recommending me to try to find something else I may like in existing inventories. Different colour but same spec. When I asked him why would I. assuming that inventory cars are currently around 5-7 k more - he then said I can always wait till next year.

So overall my thoughts on this are that they are really trying to clear warehouse with whatever sits there for months and costs more than predicted next delivery and they are blocking any new orders. Not sure if I’m right but the entire situation is extremely frustrating at this point and looks like I have no other options than pay them extra or wait another 5 months or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

I can understand your disappointment but cars that are in Inventory are significantly cheaper than a car ordered in July, so if you are saying dearer you much be comparing with higher spec...not like for like. I suspect that your revised EDD is likely to be accurate so you have a choice to make ...wait and see what 2024 brings or try to find a car that might suit from Inventory, which if you avAil of all discounts is likely to be a reduction of 3.5K APPROX

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublin2

I bought an inventory car 21/9. Estimated delivery is 24th to 30th Sept. No text yet with date. Couple of questions. It said it was a demo car yet odometer only 15km. Looks brand new with that odometer? It also said 'In transit -arriving soon'. Anyone know whether in transit means days or weeks? The VIN I have been assigned would suggest a build date of Jan/Feb 23. Where has the car been all this time? Any ideas and thanks

In transit, I would assume it was on a boat en route.

Id say it’s a brand new car too 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

These inventory cars are sales orders that fell through after the car was put on the boat, no mystery, and good deals to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Tesla doesn't support CarPlay unfortunately and their inbuilt Apple Music app is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shane9537

Hey, I ordered an M3 from the inventory on 16th Sep when there was no showroom discount for the car I ordered.

Just wanted to check with the car you just ordered, was the 1,500 contribution added on the top of the showroom adjustment as well?

Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shane9537

Hey, I ordered an M3 from the inventory on 16th Sep when there was no showroom discount for the car I ordered.

Just wanted to check with the car you just ordered, was the 1,500 contribution added on the top of the showroom adjustment as well?

Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭OEP

Is the 0% finance still available? Can't see it on the website

• Advertisement

It’s still there alright.

Did you click into inventory?

go to the RWD LR version.

Advertisement