Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Unpacked Promo codes for Fold 5 / Watch 6 on Irish Samsung Store

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

No, you have to interact with the popup at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Received my Watch classic and 9 tablet today..extra strap on the way too

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

Watch 6 and the free fabric band (that will never be used 🤣) arrived today.

I actually prefer wearing the fabric band to the default one, but looking at getting some metal ones from AliExpress for a smarter look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ordered the 6 classic 43mm off the store via revolut there and traded in my watch 4 for €80. Came to about €276 and I should be able to claim the €75 prepaid MasterCard, pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Also it's a one time use only code as I learnt to my cost today.

Indeed, it's pretty annoying, and pointless really.

Better cameras and battery life and lighter, coming from a Fold 3. Pairs well with the Watch 6, was able to set it up for testing on the Fold 3 and move it over to the 5 without reseting the watch.

Would prefer bigger front screen and wider inner screen. Maybe the Fold 6 will have a trifold option..

Think there is something wrong with me as I went from the 4 to the 5 . Have to say it is a lot neater and the less weight is noticeable but not worth the cost of the upgrade. Was going hang on to see what the OnePlus open was all about but I think that's going to be delayed . Those bezels on the pixel fold were just too much.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I skipped the 4 as not worth upgrading from 3, for me.

5G modem on the 5 is also about 30% faster than the Fold 3.

Very happy with my decision to upgrade from the watch 4 to 6 classic. Worth it for the smaller bezel alone and looks far more like an actual watch now. I had my eye on the pixel watch 2 but the bezel on the first gen version was absolutely massive, I reckon they'll be a while before they get it down to the size Samsung have it at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Had the 5 since launch its a superb watch. Great battery life. For me it's night and day from the 4. It still a bargain at the right price. If its 20 euro difference then the 6 would be smarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭caddy16

Anyone used the 6 LTE with Vodafone one number yet? How is it working if so.

43mm. The size is absolutely perfect for me, I had the 44mm Watch 4 and it always looked slightly large on me as I have small wrists. This looks much better on me but I don't think I'd want to go any smaller than this. Battery life wise it comfortably lasts the day, I generally charge it to about 80-85 in the morning and it won't be anywhere near empty by the time I go to bed. It's on 31% now. This is with always on display too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Can anyone PM a referral code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I got a Fold5 and Flip5 through Samsung.com yesterday. I had both in my basket and while I was looking around for discount codes I thought about Revolut. Logged out and then went through Revolut to the Samsung shop and low and behold they were significantly cheaper. Got the Fold for €1699 and Flip for €1053. With our trade ins etc they both came down a couple of hundred each. Well happy 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone have a referral code?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I bought a Samsung Flip 5 recently, but can't seem to find where I can generate a referral code

• Advertisement

If available to you, it would have popped up during checkout on the Samsung Ireland website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ah ok it probably did and I just ignored it... oh well.. if this thread had been in Bargain Alerts I might have seen it 😁

Got my €75 prepaid mastercard today, it's just a card number on a site called paiddigitalsolutions.com. I've tried adding the card to google wallet and topping up my revolut account with it but can't get either to work. Not sure what the address/zip code of the card is supposed to be so either that could be the issue there or it just won't work with revolut/google wallet at all.

Actually it says in their FAQs it won't work with services like paypal, I guess I have to find something to buy online for €75.

If you login into your account on prepaiddigitalsolutions.com you can set your postcode etc. on your profile.

3-D Secure will work via onetime code to your registered email address.

I used it to part-pay a utility bill (Virgin Media) which I don't pay by direct debit - handy as I could use up the whole amount. Whereas with online shopping, you always end up with a small amount left on the card which you can't easily spend (unless the online shop supports split payment with multiple cards, which is rare).

Will your electricity/gas/broadband/mobile provider let you prepay by card and then take it off your next direct debit? Other options might be mobile top-up, for you or a friend? Or topup credit on Amazon UK or DE (although with UK you'll have to do a bit of guessing to get the right Sterling amount to use up the balance).

God these reviews are shocking: https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.prepaiddigitalsolutions.com

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭caddy16

You can use it to buy an amazon gift card and the use the gift card with your own card to buy something for more if that's any use.

Bought a couple of things on Amazon today and have about €9 left on it now. I did see those trustpilot reviews so wanted to used this up asap based on other people's experiences.

Edit: just transferred that remaining balance into Amazon credit now.

Post edited by Royale with Cheese on

Does anyone have a currently working general referral/discount code for Samsung.ie ?

I used to have a stock of these, but the offer seems to have expired (or they've fingerprinted my machine in a cleverer way than I'm used to).

Advertisement