Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is crypto era over?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Every crash, there's a batch of crypto bro's hollering at people to buy, more than they usually do. It's usually just the bags speaking. Every bear, when the entire universe loses interest in crypto, there's usually a lone voice or two on here trying to keep the vibes positive.

2014, 2018 and 2021/2022 (I wasn't around pre 2013)

Some people on this forum made a lot of money. That's what it's all about. Crypto is just the BS scheme for that. When they make the money or they lose big time they usually stop with the whole "buy crypto!!!1" spiel.

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

Been posting here since 2017 but I rarely visit these days due to the incredible amount of scammers and spammers that are allowed to post here recently. And no, the crypto era is far from over. 😀

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I don't own any Crypto, but I find I regularly watch the price of Bitcoin. Find it fascinating how the price moves up and down, yet no fundamentals driving it. It's purely sentiment.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

BTC was trojan horse to get developers into Blockchain, its has succeeded, some of the best brains in the world are now involved in Blockchain.

We are now at the start of Web3 , the second phase of Blockchain and the pool of talent developing Blockchain is deep!

BTC is Gen 1 Blockchain, it does nothing , its is pure speculation, you buy and hope it goes up in price, meanwhile there are other Blockchain that will be generating income and also increasing in price. If you Take the time to search you will see many, many BTC miners are on the brink of losing money, they really don't know if the coming halving will pump or dump the BTC price, they are concerned to say the least.

Meanwhile Web 3, which you could call Gen 2 of Blockchain is starting to roll out, there are cost savings to be had by using Blockchain over legacy services, if you don't migrate to Blockchain, your competitor's that do will undercut you and take your clients.

Prediction time!

BTC was sold as Cryptocurrency to the public, it succeeded in bringing in top talent to the Blockchain world, now that Blockchain is here to stay we can see that the powers that be are going to destroy the Cryptocurrency dream, they will let it bob up and down in price, and just bleed money from retail in the coming years, but its not going to be the be all end all some think it is, the real money will be made on the Blockchain projects that generate money, so you have to separate the concept of Cryptocurrency from Blockchain, seek out the projects that will generate money from use fees and you will make profit way more than holding BTC and hoping for a pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If the "powers that be" don't like all this new stuff they will destroy it as well. If they do like it, they will tax it. If it is a scam, there will be more victims. I expect that the "deep pool of talent" and "the best brains in the world" are in it to extract as much as they can from the dimwitted.

• Advertisement

Love posts like this and the thanks from patsy_mcabe, as in the years to come you will be here undoubtedly posting "how could we know blockchain was going to be huge and make investors big money, its unfair, all set up by the powers that be so they get rich and we stay poor, its a golden circle and we aint in it" 😉

Every prestigious university worldwide has a blockchain department, winners of awards in the fields of Math/computing are working on blockchain, its here to stay and adoption is rolling out, but you and others and hung up on BTC and cryptocurrency.

97% of institutional investors anticipating tokenization will evolve asset management processes and $100 trillion worth of assets in the U.S. that could someday move onchain.

The research shows 70% of respondents would increase their digital asset activity if services like custody and execution are available from recognized, trusted institutions. Despite the market downturn, 88% are moving forward with their plans. The study further indicates that almost all institutional investors (91%) are interested in investing in tokenized products.

Just released An Industry Paper from DTCC / Clearstream / Euroclear

Why should you care? Engage your brain, do a little research.................... or be fuming in the years ahead

OK, you have me convinced. But can I please get my big payout in years to come in Euros. I want to make it simple in my will. You should also make plans on how to pass on your vast riches, if they are going to be in Blockchain money.

When it comes to Blockchain.com’s Wallet and platform, the most important way to protect yourself is by never sharing your Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase (also called a backup seed), your Private Key, your password, or your Wallet ID, and by setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) as an extra layer of security on your account.

Sibos is the Swift/Banks yearly conference, this year opened with Sergey from Chainlink.

This interview with Sergey, will go over the head of 99% of posters around these parts, i doubt even 5% will watch it, more's the pity as it contains solid Gold info.

The gist of it is banks will all run their own Blockchain and will use CCIP to link to each others chain, Banks do no want another settlement layer.(Ripple/XRP) For the dim-witted banks are using Chainlink , XRP will not be used by Banks.

CCIP looks to have killed of most Blockchain projects out there, they will not be adopted, anyone looking to use Blockchain will create their own.

Hyperledger and R3 to provide blockchain and Chainlink to connect them?

Looks to me that Blockchain is about to see a big uptake in use, just not the Blockchains that most here are holding bags of.

You can't say in years to come you did not see it coming, only yourself to blame if miss you out on this.

TLDR- swap your bags for LINK

The name dirk_dangler will haunt you in the years to come, a new bill drops in the door, the price of groceries' rises again, dirk_dangler will pop into your head, just knowing i made it and living the good life and so could have you, it will break you.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Appreciate you dumming that down for us dirk, just one question if I may, do you realise that a centralised swift blockchain is just a swift network on a blockchain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

It's only starting, I heard a Central American economic powerhouse is going to adopt crypto.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/ - always refreshing

Not even a real fart, just the sound of one, and who's to say it wasn't faked ? https://cryptoslate.com/someone-uploaded-a-fart-to-bitcoin-ordinal-network-and-apparently-sold-it-for-280k/

In general crypto currency trades are asset shifting from those with less than one coin to the whales.

NFTs are gone. "we would estimate that 95 percent to include over 23 million people whose investments are now worthless.""

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Different chains have different utilities. By your logic Oracle would be the largest tech company. If large institutions and countries set up their own CBDC it opens the door to hacks and they will need to be maintained. CBDC’s thought almost inevitably may very well move to more secure already available infrastructure though one they can control.

It would appear that all major players are going to be using blockchain, and they will be running their own private chain, so 99% of the blockchains are dead in the water, no one of note will be using them, that's where Chainlink enters and sucks up all the value, it will enable all these public/private blockchains to transact with each other.... for a fee!

I'll dumb it down again, The DTCC are the custodians of all the shares traded on the NYSE, massive number of transactions per day, all using Chainlink, all paying a fee. Not only them but Euroclear, the EU equivalent will be using Chainlink, paying a fee for every transaction, then we have SWIFT using Chainlink and paying a fee for every transaction, all these fees are paid to Chainlink stakers!

Chainlink has made 99% of crypto projects obsolete, they wont be adopted, I'm guessing R3 and Hyperledger will provide the blockchains to who ever wants them, Chainlink will connect them(for a fee).

As speculated earlier , BTC was trojan horse to get best brains into crypto, now that the technology has advanced, its ready for prime time.

IC3 is an initiative of faculty members at Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Cornell Tech, EPFL, ETH Zurich, UC Berkeley, University College London, UIUC and the Technion. It's based at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech in NYC.

Post edited by dirk_dangler on

Can see these two providing custom blockchain solution to the market, Siloed away from the real world and then using Chainlink for transactions and security, I imagine if SWIFT are using Chainlink for transaction that the security is solid.

Don't google Mexico about this. Mexico is in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

Suspicious first post. Are you laying the groundwork for an attempt to scam us? 😉

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Why would a public decentralised blockchain interact with a swift centralised private blockchain when the whole point of blockchain / crypto is to remove a 3rd party from a financial transaction?

Have ye thought this through dirk lad?

Panorama BBC One 8 pm 25th September. Downfall of the Crypto King.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001qx1l

Link up 25% in the last 30 days, I always said it, listen to dirk he’ll make us all rich

• Advertisement

"I have Link, buy it, so the price goes up"

I have LINK as well, had it since 2019, it's been a **** performer compared to many others, but maybe if more idiots pile into it the price will go up, like any crypto. The game is just to find the crap that will appeal to dumb investors.

Don’t have any meself but 25% is pretty impressive in the current climate, wouldn’t begrudge anybody a profit, not even dirk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is it? Seems to be the usual cycle going on here (never owned, never will own).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

All of central America is in North America.

The whole point is to profit, blockchain will bring savings to users over legacy systems, you either move to a blockchain solution or your rival who has will undercut you and take your clients.

Banks will have their own private chains, and Chainlink will connect all chains, both private and public together........for a fee!

Just look at the info in the posts i have made and then make up your own mind, believe it or not i would like everyone here to make serious profits, most wont as they are stuck thinking of blockchain as cryptocurrency, think more on the lines of utility/infrastructure, which ones will be used in the coming years

$LINK was 30c on 1/1/19 and on the 1/1/20 it was $1.76 ,then it went on to hit $52.70 on 10/5/21, so how do you make $LINK out to be a **** performer compared to many others?

If you really did buy any time in 2019, you could have sold anytime since then and made a profit! It never again went below $1.76

Me thinks you bitter that you did not load up on $LINK when it was dirt cheap, but yourself and others fail to realise it still is dirt cheap.

if there ever is a thread of legendary boards posts yours will surely be in the top 10, you and several others stubbornly refuse to interact/refute with all the evidence presented to you, its like you believe that you have missed the $LINK boat and refuse to accept it is going to be as big as the evidence shows, so you think its better to ignore and hope it goes away.

SWIFT and The DTCC , these two alone should have you extremely interested in $LINK, but for some reason you have a mental block, well I'm here to tell you its still early, get into this thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058197394/the-make-it-portfolio and see where $LINK is heading..............total domination of the blockchain world.

Don't be the boards version of Paul Krugman

Calm down.

When people here and elsewhere started harping on about Link being the next Messiah in 1h 2019, I bought some in batches, I think around 1, 2 or 3 eur each, it's now worth 7. That is crap relative to many other alts for the same approx period.

Eth was just over 100 eur in first half 2019, now it's 15x that. The Eth I used to buy Link with was a better performer, that's never a good sign for an alt, which are supposed to have a better risk/reward that Eth (otherwise what's the point)

Like a good chunk of my portfolio I sold some 1h 2021.

Let me guess, you just appeared at the 2021 bull..

What was Link at the beginning of 2021? 15 eur? 20 eur?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Eth has some issues with the top holders holding relatively high percentages:

Percentage 7d Change Address Holders 244,797,533 Top 10 Holders 34.96% Top 20 Holders 37.54% Top 50 Holders 42.33% Top 100 Holders 47.63%

I saw another where it was actually over 60%.

Advertisement