Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I completed A Fisherman's Tale last week. It's nice and short and actually quite ingenious. Think "Inception" :)

btw any idea if that sub can be paid for through Google Play and use phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

Dont think so. Ive never seen that option available anywhere. Only credit/debit card, gift card code or paypal.

Who's going to be grabbing a Quest 3 when it lands next month?

I think I'll be on the pre-order list for sure

Still weighing it up. Im getting a new PC for Christmas.

I read a good article on the Pico 4 that says its actually a better spec than Quest 3 for PCVR as it has separate panels for each eye.

Obviously for stand alone play Quest 3 has a much better spec (upgraded cpu/gpu) than Pico 4.

Post edited by jj880 on

Yeah I'm kinda exclusively vested in stand alone these days.. just too lazy to turn on the PC I guess lol

• Advertisement

Some prices for Quest 3 and accessories have appeared on this site. If you put Quest 3 in the search bar it filters everything. There will be a 512gb version. Priced at 700 euro from this link.

Elite strap with battery is there confirming the charge point will be on the strap. Maybe a hole can be made in any Quest 2 strap with a battery 😅.

Price difference between 128GB and 512GB ... what were the Quest 2 prices on launch?

Never even noticed that. Assumed lower storage was 256gb. Hopefully they will release a 256gb model next year.

Looks like it was similar at Quest 2 launch. 64gb and 256gb.

In the wayback machine the drop down selection for Ireland doesnt work for me on oculus.com/quest-2 homepage. Only gives US launch prices:

64 GB model US$299

256 GB model US$399

yeah hell of a jump... really though if you're going to splash out €550, you'd probably just go the whole hog and pay €700 for 4x the storage space

(even though it probably only costs Meta an extra €50 or so for the additional storage)

From a Facebook group. Something to keep in mind if you have battery straps etc for Quest 2. Maybe an adapter product of some kind will appear to solve this.

• Advertisement

aye.. will see if I can Frankequest this when I get it ;)

(not sure where I put the old Q2 straps actually... will have to dig them out, as I'd still want people to be able to play Walkabout with me in the living room when they come over)

Nice retrofit kit from Bobovr for Quest 3. Knew theyd come up with something 👍️

hmm the PSVR headstrap gave me really bad headaches (which is unusual as it's comfortable for 99% of users!!!), so I assume I'd have the same issues with this one?

They're called Halo straps right?

The most comfortable VR headset I ever had was the CV1.

I found PSVR one of the most comfortable straps so my experience may be little use to you for halo straps like bobo m2.

A lot of the time from youtube reviews it seems the shape of your head really makes a difference even with the padding.

I didnt think there was as much variation in head shape out there but there you have it.

Maybe 1 of us has a strange head shape. Lets assume its you 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Jaysus I couldn't stand the lack of comfort of the CV1. It used give me eye strain and the facial interface was made of cheap foam. I much prefer the bobo vr m2 Pro.

yah if you have the cursed high forehead you be damned with red head wearing the PSVR 😫

seems a few people get this with the PSVR2 as well like...

Releasing on Sidequest this weekend

I'll prob be grabbing the Q3 headset tomorrow... I guess I can avail of a referral code or something so I and some lucky dude score extra creds?

I was gonna ask jj880 but he said I have a strange head so...

🤣

First person to tell me how the referral code works for a new headset gets the free creds ... maybe even jj880 ;)

Oh actually I forgot there was this other thread

Maybe we need a new one?

😅 I take it all back!

Haven't seen anything yet on Quest 3 referrals. Id hope we could use Quest 2 referral links for the Quest 3. If so stick to the current thread and you request a link from F00t13f4n.

If Quest 2 links cant be used for Quest 3 I reckon we'll sort it closer to Quest 3 release when we know more.

• Advertisement

All is forgiven :)

I wonder if it has to be someone with a Quest 3 that starts the chain?

In which case maybe I get the first referral from someone on reddit, and then I can start the new thread?

Yeah if it has to be a Quest 3 link then you've no choice really unless someone pops up on here with a Quest 3 also.

Saw on Reddit last night someone collected a Quest 3 from BestBuy in the US. Big thread on it with lots of pics and specs here:

Perhaps this means Quest 3 is available to pick up sooner than we think as stores already have stock.

yeah.. 5pm is the time in GMT for the show right? Prob will need to watch it on Virtual Reality Oasis or similar

I think 10am pst works out at 6pm gmt?

Edit: no I think you're right. Google gives me 5pm for "10am pst gmt" and 6pm for "10am pst Ireland"

Can be watched here: https://www.metaconnect.com/en/agenda

Links send you to a facebook video feed.

Now that I think about referral credit I reckon it could be a 1 time offer when signing up for a meta account. Like a welcome to the Meta Quest Platform.

How can you accept another referral if you already have a meta account created with all your games linked to it? Also the referral link comes from the app which covers all your Quest devices...

Hopefully if you login into a referral link from someone else who has activated a Quest 3 when activating yours there might be another 30 euro credit.

I think it may be unlikely though.

I have 2 accounts already, so maybe I can create a burner account and buy the headset using that with a referral from my own account or something.. not sure how it will work, I might hold off on buying just till this is clear... will see

Gift a 30 euro game from the burner account to your main account. Double referral cash 😅

Cant find the feed yet. Maybe it is 6pm here.

starting now... let's gooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUc1ioMpK8

ah.. I guess it IS at 6pm

• Advertisement

Countdown started 👍

Advertisement