Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Boden - Good Win v Ballymun

Only saw last few minutes- but Ballymun would feel they should have at least got something.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Came across a Youtube Channel St Brendan's GAA and it had highlights of three All Ireland finals between Dublin and Galway. Some great footage of 1963, 1974 and 1983. Each under 10 minutes. Have to say we did well to come out the right side of all three especially 1983. How Galway couldn't beat us with two extra men and a gale force wind with them in the second half i don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

1983 was some game. The first All-Ireland win I attended, and being abroad for 1995 meant that it was 2011 before I saw another win - 28 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

It wouldn't have taken much for us to lose all three finals. If Paddy Cullen hadn't made that brilliant penalty save in '74 Galway would have levelled or gone in front with all the momentum going down the stretch. It was some save. '63 Galway looked the better team for a lot of the game but we came strong in the end. '83 was carnage from start to finish. I was so angry with Johny Cooper for getting sent off v Kerry in '19 drawn final when we were in such a strong position i imagine i'd have losy my mind if i was at that game with all the indiscipline. Still though it was a sweet one to win against the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Strangely I find myself heading to Portmarnock v Clontarf this evening.

Should I expect to see Jack Mc playing? Any other players on either team to look out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Contarf who have Nathan Doran, Andy Foley and Kieran McKeon who played u20/21 for Dublin in recent years.

Shane Carthy(if playing) would me Mearnog stand out player.

Cheers. Clontarf in cruise control against a depleted Portmarnock who only have 17 players. 8-2 at half time

2-16 to 4 for Clontarf. Shane Carthy introduced in 2nd half and set up a goal. No contest at all tho. Worse ways to spend an hour all the same

I don't, unfortunately. I'd considered asking the ref but didn't wait around afterwards. There was no sheets available for spectators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Best of luck to the ladies today heading in and hopefully see us bag the double .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Heading in myself with the little one. Have the ear plugs in the pocket ready to go as well. Never making that mistake again.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Hope they are good ear plugs there are a few fog horns to contend with as well as the screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Girls very much on top vs Kerry. Looks like a serious gulf in class, ability and fitness / physicality….

Dublin 7 points up at half time…0-11 vs 0-4… Dublin probably left 2 or 3 handy scores behind them which they should by their standards have taken… Kerry forwards look very light vs the Dublin backs and they are losing the midfield battle too so….

Dublin look comfortable in possession. Dublins to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Bit of a nervy finish but fabulous win for the dubs.

Kerry must be sick of the sight of us 💙

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Think the scoreline completely flattered Kerry, getting that late enough goal courtesy of a pretty careless error…

you can see what it means to the Dublin girls though, even the experienced ones over the moon for themselves and each other.

Kerry only had 3 different scorers. From that point of view it was never going to be their day. Just never spent either enough time in and around the Dubs 45 and that really told……

Great win for the ladies well deserved often see a crazy finish to those games so didn't count the chickens till the last score .No surprise Kerry complaining about us winning through fouling talk kettles and pots .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

You wouldn't want to venture down to Kerry in a Dublin jersey for a while.

Dunne was fantastic today but the best player on show today by a wide margin was Tyrrell. She was simply awesome on both sides of the ball and some of her scores today were unreal. Great achievement and delighted for the ladies team. Well deserved by one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Dont think I have ever seen a team foul as much in ladies football as dublin did today. Constantly grabbing an arm or a jersey. Clever stuff a lot of the time as the scoring zone for frees in ladies is way off that of the mens.

That being said, the Dubs were superb today, brought a ferocity and tempo to the game that Kerry couldnt get near matching and Tyrell was pure class especially in the first half. Dunne midfield is an incredible player too. In reality it was a 5 point hammering and the persistent fouling in no way affected the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Yeah, Tyrrell was different class, some of the scores she took were unreal. Between her and the midfield dominance, Dublin looked like predictable winners from a long way out.

Kerry had a couple of good goal chances in the 1st half, if they had taken those, it could have been a more exicting game for the neutral

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭flasher0030

As a neutral, Dublin were miles better than Kerry I thought. Kerry very dependent on about 3 players to drive forward - number 14, number 6 and the red haired girl chipped in with plenty of scores. But Dublin had far stronger and more skillful players. Carle Rowe really came into it in the second half. Number 10 was a small girl but great pace and skills. And the number 8 was brilliant. And of course number 13 was on fire in taking scores. But they had another 4 or 5, who played really well, whereas Kerry didn't and were reliant on a few. Great score from Rowe at the very end. She got the ball around half way out, and just ran at the Kerry goal with pure drive and determination. Left the Kerry girls behind her. And then slotted it over. Her celebration after that point just showed how much it meant to her. And of course all of the team.

I didn't see that win coming for Vinnies v Na Fianna at all.

As an aside - I watched it on Dubs TV on youtube. Oisin Langan was giving out again that Parnell officials do not show the amount of extra time in a match on the boards. Does anyone know the reason?

Vinnie's needed that win today. Decent enough game in scorching weather. There were more than a few lads completely out on their feet at the end.

Raheny v Lucan shaping up to be a good game so far -plenty of goals 25 minutes gone.

I didn't the the Judes Cuala match would be that tight. Nearly a surprise result. Raheny v Vincents should be a good one later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

Any word as to who the new Dublin GAA sponsor is going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Hopefully not Vodafone with their big stupid red logo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Advertisement