Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Agnes Wed 27 Sept 2023.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Watching that Ams - Cork flight running in now. A nation holds its breath....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Ryanair flight from Stansted that went around looks to be coming back in for another go at ORK

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

That was unbelievably loud, I'd hate to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thought for a bit I had stumbled into the Aviation forum???

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well the weather warning is valid from 9 to 3 and we were starting to flood before 9. If they've got the times wrong, happy days, if the worst is still to come, a bunch of roads will be flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

My head is bursting with the pressure dropping...brighter sky coming from the west, rain has eased (Cloughduv)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Has ryanair decided to head to dublin or just taking a wide circle to come back in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 EastCork2018

Turning again, he's been circling for awhile now hopefully he's not under pressure to land

• Registered Users Posts: 21 doralives

When the models forecast days in advance that this is going to happen, but you wait until 9pm the evening before it happens to issue appropriate alerts so that people can prepare/make plans, what would you call it?

I'd also appreciate whichever mod is deleting my posts to explain to me why they are being perceived as 'not on topic' and 'hostile'? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,101 ✭✭✭squonk

Way too much overreaction around here. I know it’s a potent storm in the south but I think we’ve all faced worse. Going to be windy for a few hours and if you don’t feel comfortable going out in it, exercise your best judgement. Bulk of the heavy rain seems to be travelling through now and it’ll brighten after that. I think the colour code is useful but it’s also turning what at one stage people would have shrugged off as a crap day into something people are now overagonising about and taking too much to heart. I’m in the mid west and for now I think ME called it right with yellow. I don’t see any call for red except on the actual coasts maybe but the residents there are used to days like this as well. Again, if you don’t feel comfortable going it, then don’t.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Guys, while general comments about how the weather is affecting aviation are welcome here, a blow by blow account of the movements of every aircraft (course, height, speed, etc.) is really more appropriate to the Aviation forum!

There is a dedicated thread there for that: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058076486/flightradar24-and-other-trackers-thread-part-iv/p94

• Registered Users Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s fairly rough in south carlow and a while from peak yet. Sent both children to school so I hope they will get home safely later.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

CORK AIRPORT had a 109 km/h gust recorded. Interesting.

(Data from the ME website)

Sherkin gusting 111km/h and Cork AP 109km/h in 1000 reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,365 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Definitely has eased off here in Cork city.

Rain has arrived in Greystones and wind ramping up a bit. Gusting 35kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

west Kerry update: very Gusty but nothing out of the ordinary yet, sun is out and very mild

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Coming back down heavily here in Little Island now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Sherkin takes a narrow lead over Cork at 111 km/hr to 109 at 10:00, storm is now over K2 buoy so will be interesting to see latest data from it in a few minutes. Probably two areas of strong winds, one with core of low still out to sea, and one with developing squall line now organizing over Cork.

Unless a weakening trend overtakes the progression of Agnes, peak conditions are yet to be felt in Cork or Kerry, but some variations likely due to banded structure. At least radar seems to be working okay, if a bit suspect in west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭pureza

Rain in Arklow now very heavy

Wind is SE at 30kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ludeen

Got some heavy rain with gusts here overlooking Roches point, would say it barely made gale force yet. Hope its passed through ,just a wet and windy day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Where do you get all the info? (re k2 buoy etc ....)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Pity Fastnet is not reporting wind/conditions at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

m3 bouy UTC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was rough this morning in Waterville, but has brightened up and wind calmer now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭thomil

After a period of calmer weather, things have just picked up drastically here in Ballincollig, just west of Cork city. Some pretty heavy gusts and I'm once again at the "solid sheets of water cascading down my windows" stage. Things picked up without much warning as. well, almost like getting slapped in the face with a fish...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Advertisement