Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MUSE - 3Arena Sept 23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Oh cheers, do you know is there anyone before the Nova Twins?

Didn't think of looking on Twitter, found it, cheers

https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1706686640276553802

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

The camera lads. Can ye keep the cameras down. Watch it on youtube instead. Do people actually watch the 5 minute grainy footage they take? I get pictures but 5 mins videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Great gig all the same. Not sure Matt hit all the high notes himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah gig trick, get the crowd to sing the hard notes.

Great gig though. Played some deep cuts

Happy I went. Picked up a ticket for 50 worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

That was amazing. The stage and the effects were incredible. Thought it was much better than the drones show a few years back they wree much more into it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

Outrageous. Some old tunes getting the first run out in quite some time... butterflies and apocalypse spring to mind... new stuff a bit flat but hey what a gig well done lads👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Thought that was a great gig. Really enjoyed it.

butterflies and hurricanes was a great addition as was apocalypse please.

Post edited by davywalsh7 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

That was a fecking great gig....

What a treat to see a band and their great show up close indoors.

Loved it, some newer tunes were a bit flat, but loved the flames, the bunting, the confetti, the skull, the helmet...

Great to see a band in the flesh that i have loved since Origin of Symmetry was worn out on my cd player back in the day...

Loved it.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Not one tune from Showbiz.

I can't understand when they sit down to decide what they would have on the setlist that they choose some of the medoicre stuff from the latest albums, and make a conscious decision that they would not include anything from their debut. Surely they know by now the songs that the crowd have a lukewarm feeling towards.

It was a good gig, but way too many lull points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Radiohead don't always play stuff from Pablo Honey for example, I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary to not play from a debut when you have such a huge back catalogue

Loved the show and while the new stuff is nowhere near as good as the classics it still sounded decent. And we got a fantastic setlist overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

First plays of songs since 2016/17.

Yes we did well.

Butterflies and hurricanes gave me butterflies.. and hurricanes

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭jams100

Have to say the production was amazing, up there as one of the best gigs I've been to, overall a good set list too imo.

Support act was a bit meh though 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭mikekerry

it must have cost a lot of money to roll out the production it was out of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I last saw MUSE at Oxegen in 2007 and Marlay Park in 2009(?) and their crowd interaction was minimal. I think they came out on stage and said 'Hello, Dublin', played for 2 hours, then said 'Thanks, Dublin', and gone. It was great to see that has totally changed. Great set (as is expected with them), really got involved with the crowd, and they sounded fantastic (as usual)!

I really hoped they would play Map of the Problematique, but I got Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Hysteria, so all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭raclle

Amazing show, loved every bit of it. Had a 7hr round trip but well worth it. Must have picked up something though as not feeling great today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If you think that was bad, I had a lad sitting to my left with a camcorder and his phone recording the gig. Any time someone got up to move he and his accomplice beside him were raging that they were blocking the view. Absolute muppet