Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Agnes Wed 27 Sept 2023.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Roche’s point gust 111kph. Sherkin island back down to 100kph. Thus far Orange level for gusts in coastal areas in the S was correct but it was mostly yellow level gusts in the hourly updates even for those locations throughout the storm. Definitely the right call not to go red , if you dished them out every time those speeds were reached no one would take it seriously when a severe storm would come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Looks like it may be an Arnold Schwarzenegger T2 storm monitor :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

It was a good call for orange warnings ,thankfully no reds where issued, kinda surprised that no marine reds where issued but good all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Waterford airport has surpaseed the gust from the squall line earlier today, 59 knts (109 km/h). As breezy now as all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Irish Ferries coming into Dublin Port this morning. Rumour has it, that for the 1st time ever, no person onboard had an Irish breakfast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Your status as a noob gave me a laugh at least. You'll get the hang of boards.ie eventually and you'll start to pick up the basics of weather / meteorology if you hang around and take in what others are saying. You'll be grand.

Alan O'Reilly.

Dublin airport using the smallest runway the one for northerly or southerly winds, I don't think I've taken off on that myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Looks like missed out on a useful gadget in Lidl

Wouldn't give you anything for the apple. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭justmehere

WE WILL REBUILD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So blackbriar is back. That leaves just one question where has Oneiric 3 gone? I have not seen him post here in a few months. He likes storms so he would usually be active in a thread like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Yes but usually only if it affected his area of Galway, which this hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think the reporter on the RTE News needs sleep😀

^^ Phew! Thought it was Youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

I was thinking that myself. hardly a blade of grass moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

Don't forget the threadbans, everyone needs one otherwise you aren't a true boardsie.

I'm officially in the centre of Agnes and it's calm ish but winds will be gusty from 7 till midnight for me as that tracks into Scotland

Just taking a walk around now. Tree down on Dyke Parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Still wet and windy North Wicklow, but not as rough as earlier on, and fireworks going off. So, just normal for this time of year. Tomorrow and Friday looking a lot better with some ☀️ .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Anyone ears popping like crazy? It must be the air pressure connected to the storm. We up north have not had it bad, just blustery rain all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A new schematic for warnings is required winter summer

May to Oct

Nov to Apr

Take off 10k from all winds in summer

All sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Was that tree just growing out of the path? No wonder it fell over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

Breezy and mild here in Mayo,was fairly wet in early part of the day but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Sun going down over Clew Bay at the minute

Post edited by HBC08 on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's still very wild and windy here Portlaoise, rain has stopped though, lots of smaller boughs and branches down on the minor roads .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭thomil

The show seems to be over here in Cork. Still breezy and blustery, but nothing compared to what we had earlier. That extension of the orange wind warning was definitely the right call, we got hit with some pretty bad gusts at around 18.30.

Air pressure bottomed out at 982 mbar at 15.56 and has been climbing ever since. Let's just hope that the good weather holds until the evening Amsterdam flight has landed at Cork. I'm booked on the 6.10 flight tomorrow morning.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just went out for a walk and have a few ash branches down and one tree in neighbouring field. It wasn’t enjoyable as still very windy in carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Wind has picked up in Clondalkin, Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nothing at all unusual in the kilbeggan/ Mullingar area. Wind was a small bit blustery an hour ago, but thats now settled . Couple of showers through out the day, so thankfully it was a non event for us as we seem to have escaped a lot of the hardship that some of you folk experienced. Hopefully you never have much expense on any repairs you might have. I think we all know wind can wreak all sorts of havoc if you are in the middle of it.

Advertisement