Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFlow Customer Service getting worse.

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cork_lad wrote: »
    And can i ask what is wrong with that, Some people do come on this website to catch up on other things than replying to threads
    One could be forgiven for suspecting that you were an eFlow troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cork_lad

True, I can see why your thinking that. But honestly the reason why i replied to your original message is because the helped me out alot with paying for journeys so that's why i think they are sound guys (To me anyways)

Did you resolve your issue by the way if you did mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Anyone else having issues with eflow?

I have an account set up to debit my lazer card for transactions. I rarely use toll roads and yet they have taken paments above what the charges were on my account two months running! Is there some kinda of mimimun charge going on to avoid them paying trandaction fee's / bank charges?

unimpressed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Long thread here, and they're are annoying me now.

Made 2 passages on the M50 on the 1st, and since I was supposed to make another 2 the following day, I figure I'll pay for all 4 before 8pm on the 2nd. Turns out I didn't have to travel on the 2nd, forgot to pay for the 2 on the 1st, fair enough, I'll get the fine for €12. Got that letter on Monday, and prompty paid.

Anyway, in the meantime, I made another 2 passages on the 3rd at 6pm and 7pm, went online the same evening at 10pm and paid for those two passages, have e-mail receipt for payment. Today I get a letter for non-payment of those 2 passages on the 3rd.

I have to say, I'm fcuking livid. I've fired off a web-query from eflows website, but after reading a few posts here, not confident that I'll get any response regarding that. It's in their customer charter to respond with 24 hours, so I'll leave it that long before doing anything else.

Or maybe I'll let it fester...

Anyway, have to make another 2 passages this evening, so wondering how those are going to be dealt with. I must double-check my bank account to have extra proof that they were paid when I paid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I have always been impressed with their customer care when i called up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

You're probably more gregarious than myself. :)

Me, I hate having to follow up on things when I've done everything I need to, and it's a failure of someone else's "system" that is going to cost me more of my time, energy and money. What makes it worse is that it seems others have been having similar experiences for well over a year, and it seems they've done little to rectify their system.

Anyway, I checked my bank account, and I have been debited for all the journeys I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

Sorry to bump this old thread, but my husband is having an issue with eflow.

Apparently, he failed to remember to pay for a journey back in 2019, when we were living away from our home address.

We didn't receive any reminders, etc, or else they were sent to that address after we left there, but we didn't receive the regular rising incremental fine. Hubby explained this, but they are after his blood now. This only came to light when he had to query a recent toll, which he had paid already, out of the blue. They now want 600 Euro.

Is this legal, does anyone know. It is extortion of some kind, is it not? Or does their behaviour qualify as harassment and intimidation?

My hubby was dealing with major health issues, including cancer, at the time, so it is very likely that he was remiss when it came to paying the toll. It is very easy to forget, especially under pressure.

I would be obliged if someone could offer an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It's hardly "extortion/harassment/intimidation" if they are asking for payments of tolls/fees/fines due to them.

It's also not eFlow's "problem" if you were not at the address to which your car is registered and did not get your post. Did whom ever was living at the address not forward the post?

Unless he has already admitted it, he might ask for evidence that it was his car, the obligatory photo and proof that they sent you mail on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sorry for your husband's troubles, but I'd be inclined to agree with the previous poster.

Your husband didn't pay a toll, the fines r amp up fairly quickly if you don't pay it off - and the fact that you didn't have mail redirected from your home address when you weren't living there, so didn't receive the notices,is not their fault.

TBH, if it dates back to 2019, I'm surprised it's only €600, I thought it would be into the thousands by now!

I would say your only hope is to engage with them, be reasonable, don't throw out accusations of extortion or illegality, and ask for some leniency. Offer to set up a video account, there's no charge for it and it will prevent this ever happening again, and if you do this there is usually some way given on fines (or there used to be anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

Ring them, put your hands up and accept that it was a mistake, that the toll should have been paid at the time and that you should have updated the cars registered address or put a post forwarder in place. Explain that your husband was very ill at the time and see if they will compromise on the amount due or put a phased payment plan in place. Leave out any emotion, any reference to extortion, harassment or intimidation. Remember that they are people are doing their jobs, operating within the law and that the reason you're in this position is an unfortunate set of mistakes made during a time of great difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭picturehangup

No, they did not forward the post. We had to chase up our son's college results, got them from the new tenants. We did ask them to forward anything else to us, but they didn't. They also had our phone numbers. Maybe nothing arrived at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Penalties are posted to the address a vehicle is registered at. If you changed the address, this should be updated by yourselves with a Department of Transport posting your logbook. This high amount indicates it is now with eflow solicitors. Depending on situation, you may ring to their eflow resolvers team and perhaps setup a payment plan, open account with them to prevent further penalties for future trips. Perhaps they could know off a part of the penalty, if you cooperate. It is indeed legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Penalties cannot be forwarded. They must be posted to a vehicle registered address to the owner. It's up to the owner to change address if needs. Phone numbers are not recorded with vehicle driver database so it's irrelevant. If eflow has your phone, it would be under your registered account, but eflow works on behalf of the government, and it is an established process to post penalties as it's more official. They won't ring for penalties, except if it's a call back. It's the driver's responsibility, not the eflow.

Advertisement