Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PRSI claim refused.

• 28-09-2023 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could help.

I didn't return to work after maternity leave in 2018 , so no prsi payments for 2019 onwards. Prior to that I'd worked full time for 16 years, and part-time for around 5 years before that....so plenty of prsi paid.

I live with the dad but we're not married.

I went to get new hearing aids but my claim for the prsi contribution was declined. As I hadn't paid PRSI in the necessary years.

Now I thought once you were in receipt of children's allowance you were automatically part of the homemakers scheme which keeps your prsi credits going....ie you don't get discriminated against for staying at home rearing your family.

I appealed the decision and queried the homemakers scheme....however unfortunately I was over the 21days appeal by a month so they've replied you missed the appeal deadline we're not processing this.

Before I go back to them again I was wondering if someone could arm me with the relevant information as I can't really see much on line....I'm now worried about pension contributions as I thought all this was covered once you were in the system for children allowances.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Homemakers scheme is only relevant for the state pension. There’s no other benefits applicable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

So if you are an unmarried sahm you lose out on healthcare that's subsidised by prsi like dental , hearing and eye care?

I know if I was married I could claim off his prsi.

(I'm not in receipt of any other payments other than children's allowance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don’t know the ins and outs but yes, marriage gives certain rights that other couples don’t get

The home makers scheme doesn’t differentiate based on marriage but as above only relates to the state pension calculation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh ok thank you.

Time to kick him out and claim lone parent and get all the benefits (joke, kinda, maybe 😂)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

You don’t have to be married to him, but you do have to be dependent on him and not on a SW payment yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement