Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

This exactly.

ABM doesn't scan for all Saorview frequencies. You need to set your local transmitter, and it only looks for the channels that are supposed to be on the frequencies for that specific transmitter. If it doesn't find anything, you'll get the tune failed message.

If you don't know which transmitter you are receiving from, tune to RTE1 and then go to the signal finder page. That will tell you what 'channel' (frequency) you are on. Do the same for RTE2. Then check against the list of your local Saorview transmitters. There's also a page on the Saorview website which will predict which transmitter you are likely to be using from your eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭redoctober

Hi,

Last night I was trying to back up settings to a usb and when I rebooted to set up the usb the HDD suddenly reappeared. I put box on standby last night at bedtime and when I turned it on this morning the HDD is gone again. I've managed to back up settings to the usb. Just wondering what I should do next. Would an update to latest Openvix version make a difference? Does that have a bearing on how the HDD behaves or is it something else. Is it worth reflashing the machine (not even sure how to do that)? Or does this sound like a serious problem and I should go back to the seller under warranty?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I just do a new reflash and setup from scratch on another partition to make sure no bugs get transferred over.

Updates i have never done as sometimes don't go to plan.

Most times issues with boxes Wos ask the users to reflash and no settings restore to rule out bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

Red can you check a few things, is EPG saved to HDD and if so change it to USB press Green to save, if it says internal flash that could be your problem.

Do you know if HDD is an SSD or just a normal one and does it stick out the back.?

Check image version go menu, information about. And check standby for HDD it usaully defaults to 5 minutes, menu settings storage.

If its an SSD make standby 0 . Then turn off with remote and reboot with white button.

As its under guarantee I would consider sending it back or they may know a fix over the phone.

Thanks. I'll check those things tonight. From the freesat ie website it says "Intemal 2.5” HDD Sata3 bracket (HDD Optional)"

• Advertisement

Pepp there is a snag with ABM but it should still run. Can you do a few things.

1. Make sure DTT tuner is configured correctly ie to country, region, and make sure its set to best possible transmitter. Openvix will work out your location and suggest a transmitter but pick the best one. green to save. see pic
    2. Check image on box by menu settings about and post back. see pic of the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Thanks very much to all those who replied. I am on the latest openvix alright but it was the local transmitter. Once I found that and set it, all good. I had tried all the cork ones as I live in North Cork before posting but it was actually a kerry transmitter.

I swapped over from an amiko alien so the difference in this box is brilliant!

Couldn't have done it without this thread and the help.

Thanks again

Hi,

The EPG was set to save to internal flash but I don't know if this was always the case or did it revert to this as the HDD wasn't available? The image version I think is 6.2. I meant to take a photo last night but didn't. As it's a standard HDD I think does it make any difference about the standby settings?

Thanks.

I hope you changed to epg to usb and green to SAVE I think the default is 5 mins and yes makes no difference.

6.2 is not so old, its last October. Latest is 6.4

The difficulty is that its under guarantee and the fact epg was set to internal flash I would be inclined to go back to supplier.

I just checked a hard reboot and EPG remained saved to USB.

Did you do a hard reboot and did HDD reappear?

I have to tell you having the box saving epg to internal flash is a no no, seen a few boxes break because of that.

If you have good internet and box connected then upgrading to latest image can be done with remote and as box has 4 partitions you could start afresh but think of guarantee. The other thing is the box will do an automatic backup and then when you start to update to latest image it will ask if you want to restore settings but that would only bring the error over.

A clean install is best but it means you start from scratch, ie select language, select HDMI , then resolution, then screen htz 50/60.multi, then configure tuners, then set up ABM then scan and then set up epg Vix use Openepg. The only bit I found tricky was selecting the resolution as my TV is not 4K so you have to be quick with the remote keys. I use 1080i.

Finally HDD may have come loose but if you open box there is a seal.

Thanks everyone, for your help. I flashed 6.4 last night. The HDD was recognised again and seems to be back working so far 🤞. The EPG is showing as save to USB so that's good. I'm hoping it'll stay stable now.

I have a couple of other questions: my Irish channels have lost EPG since the problems with the HDD. Any ideas why that would be?

I'm getting full EPG on all the UK channels.

Also, a more general question about the 4 slots on the machine: How can you switch between slots? I know how to flash to a different slot but how do you choose to run the image from a different slot? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's in Menu , Standby & Restart, Multiboot Image Selector. Just select the required slot and press the green button.

Glad you are up and running. For saorview epg its transmitted with the channel so it may just appear but try this while on RTE ONE, OK arrow up, press yellow clIck on RTENL and see if it brings up an epg. If no epg you can try a rescan menu setup tuners & scanning, manual scan, select tuner C GREEN button to scan. Check to see if epg is back and I am assuming you configured tuner C as shown above!!

The last bit is to do a reboot using remote and for this press and hold power button a menu will pop up and you can use this method for multiboot as well, then do reboot. With a bit of luck epg will populate but if not just leave it and it should appear.

What skin are you using?

Now that you have 6.4 you should try that vix blue skin and add picons. Looks neat But put picons on USB.

Thanks. EPG for Irish channels has come back. Everything looking good so far. I'm using youvix blue I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive managed to delete all the weird bouquets that came with this box and create my own one with the 20-30 channels I want in a mixture of saorview and freesat all in the order I want. Deleting all the other bouquets seems to have made this one I made the default so now when I turn on the box from standby or boot it finally starts on the channels I wanted so no more faffing switching between terrestrial and satellite.

The only remaining issue is that all the channels have random 3 digit numbers assigned to them so I cant just press 2 for RTE2 like I could on the previous box and I just have to channel hop or use the EPG, is there any way around this? Just assign 1/2/3/4/5... to the channels in the order I have them now please?

Yes but I may need a bit more info. Fisrt try this and report back. Go to RTE1 and press OK then arrow up then menu, configuration, OK , it should say Channel selection, under first line Alternative number mode toggle to yes GREEN button to save now channels should be 1 , 2 etc and pressing number on remote should bring up that channel.

When you post back can you say image used and the skin.

When you say bouquet did you add your channels to favourites?

Ah that did it thanks, but instead of Channel selection when I hit menu I found an option called alternative numbering mode, turned that on and it did the job, finally wrestled this beast into the configuration I wanted after weeks of hassle! Thanks a million Swoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

And to repeat my age old war cry, make a backup of your settings now that you have it how you like it. A few seconds now will save many hours of swearing later.

MENU>SETUP>VIX>BACKUP MANAGER

Done and bouquet backed up aswell, thanks all.

Once you select a Saorview channel it automatically gets the 7day EPG. As long as you view or record any Saorview channel once a week it should keep it topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

If your running openvix 6.4, Willo build is great just need to use putty and login to the box run the code below

wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh http://www.willobuild.net/files/scripts/install_vix.sh && bash install_vix.sh

All channels and add ons you need in one hit. Only need to add saorview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Hi, I have an IPTV service, this is to get access to channel from my home country. So nothing dodgy.

I have integrated into the system and asked someone and they said it should pick up the EPG but it doesn't, channels work fine but no EPG. Anyone have experience? I am using the Jedi add on to bring them in

While messing around I installed "autobouquets e2 for 28.2e" which has added a load of bouquets which are duplicates to the ones I already have. How do I delete all of them now?

I found instructions which say push the down arrow and pick delete Bouquet. But it doesn't have this listed.

When you have the list of bouquets onscreen select the one you wish to delete, hit MENU and you should see an option to "Remove Entry"

Thanks, really is I learn something new, I found out today if I press the Fav button it brings up the list of bouquets. I really need to save this now befoe I f**k it up more

You can use e channelizer to assign an alternative source for the EPG. There is a Jedi EPG tool too.

THanks, so far got it installed and setup some channel but after using EPG importer it has yet to show up anything, need to spend a bit more time and see what I am doing wrong

Just make sure you have the new source added in and worth doing a manual update.

If you haven't used epgshare as the source, try it seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Hi All,

I was wondering is the Zgemma H7s still the go to for saorview/ satelite x 2. I currently have a edision Omega triple tuner but looking to upgrade in coming month.

Any new models of Zgemma coming down the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

What's the difference between the V1 and V2 h7s besides the hard drive slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Advertisement