Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines - high pitched whirring noise at night

Options
  • 13-09-2023 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

There is currently (1am) a high pitched whirring noise in Rathmines, not unlike a street sweeping vehicle.

Does anyone know what it is? When I previously reported it on 28 August, the council denied that they had a street sweeping vehicle active.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are a few pubs that probably do music, but I can't imagine them letting out much noise at 1am. The night club is long closed.

This was very much a whirring noise, like a street sweeping vehicle, a fan or other machine, not music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

How often has this happened?

Was fairly windy last night at that time (I'm in the same area) and it could be the layout of the area you're in directing the wind in such a way that it makes that noise. I live in an apartment complex where wind is funnelled through and becomes oddly concentrated in certain areas. It even amplifies sound - you can hear people talking a good distance away.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I started this thread 2 weeks ago. :)

Advertisement