Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Benmadigan Rd, Drimnagh, safe for a family with treenagers?

Options
  • 23-08-2023 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

I'm looking to get a house in Benmadigan Rd, Drimnagh, close to St John Bosco FC pitch. Coming from the north-central Dublin , I can see similar benefits of the area, as the closeness to the city, Luas etc. However, I'm wondering what is the area like, is there a community spirit present, are there safety issues, burglaries etc? I have 3 teenagers, so I'm more concerned about their safety than my own. 

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

Hi there,

I lived fairly closely to there... the best advice I can give to you is to take a few spins across on a Friday or Saturday night and see what you think. There's a lot of decent young professionals around but plenty of troublesome teens also and they can often congregate on that field. Personally, it wouldn't be somewhere I'd live purely for the closeness of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We live around the corner on Cooley Rd near Mourne Rd and both myself & herself would walk towards the Luas stop at Drimnagh a few times a week at various times including 1am at night at weekends with no issues. There is groups of kids around the shops on Benbulin Rd but never seen any hassle. Around the field there - it can be a bit mad with cars on match days when John Bosco play on a Saturday (their main team play in Brickfield so no issues there).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In recent times, parking has been an issue on Galtymore Road at the apartments. The only access to Lansdowne Valley Park is from Blackhorse / Naas Road. Good bus options from the children's hospital, but within Drimnagh the routes split up onto different roads. Luas is nearby. Limited local shops, but Lidl, Aldi and Dunnes nearby.

A friend lives nearby. A neighbour of his was done for being a drug courier, but that was about 10 years ago. It seems the back of the church is used for drug use. There is some low level hassle from teenagers being teenagers, including with scrambler bikes. My friend's impression is that 'Upper' Drimnagh is generally nicer than 'Lower' Drimnagh. Traffic can be a bit chaotic around the schools at school times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good Counsel Church? In 3 years walking/driving/cycling by there I've never seen any drug use in the area at all bar a lad who smokes a joint coming back from the gym every day :D

Advertisement