Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI elective day procedure

• 28-09-2023 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an elective day procedure following a referral from A&E, and the hospital asked me if I want to go private vs. public. I asked whichever is quicker. I opted for VHI and signed 2x VHI documents.

I have VHI Public Plus Care Day to Day.

I have two queries now:

1. Do I have to pay anything from my pocket?

2. Will this claim increase my annual premium next year?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

That plan doesn't cover a huge amount, really only provides the possibility of private/semi private room if benig admitted in a public hospital but if it's a public hospital you won't end up paying anything for the procedure and no claims don't impact your premium for health insurance in Ireland thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks.

Yes, I was admitted to a public hospital (semi private) for a day only (8 hours).

Would the €80 per day charge waived as I opted for VHI?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Trampas

Ask for the code for the procedure and then ring the vhi with it. They might ask for hospital and name who’s doing it. They’ll tell you what you’re covered for or not

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The €80 a day charges are gone since April 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement